OBJ To Miami

I think back a couple years ago to the game against the Fish where we had 2 rookie safeties and a rookie CB starting.  And they held Hill and Waddle to very little.  The Fish just don’t bother me much.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Putin said:

Tua had 4624 passing yards 29 TD’s 

You can’t be serious lol.. they’ve explored replacing him every off-season and still haven’t extended him. It’s almost like management knows what most of us know, he’s clearly not good enough to compete with the elite QBs in the AFC.

nice early season stats though.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

And that 1 win came from the sun. Not the Dolphins team.

Not to mention we were down going into the game....

• Micah Hyde
  • Jordan Poyer
  • Tre White
  • Mitch Morse
  • Dane Jackson
  • Ed Oliver
  • Jordan Phillips
  • Khalil Shakir

Then Christian Benford breaks his hand, Greg Van Rotten and Spencer Brown get heat exhaustion.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not to mention we were down going into the game....

• Micah Hyde
  • Jordan Poyer
  • Tre White
  • Mitch Morse
  • Dane Jackson
  • Ed Oliver
  • Jordan Phillips
  • Khalil Shakir

Then Christian Benford breaks his hand, Greg Van Rotten and Spencer Brown get heat exhaustion.  

Tommy Doyle finishing the game with a torn ACL!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Dolphins are 1-11 against the Bills in the last 6 seasons.

Delightful!

But the fact remains that were it not for a miracle run at the end of last season, they'd have won it.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Are you guys saying old, broken down OBJ is the type of signing you wanted to see?

Yeah. "Almost" beat us out. But didnt. And are like 1-9 against us over the last few years. And most of those were blowouts by the Bills.

Maybe this is their year. But until they prove otherwise, they are our little kids and Josh is their daddy.

Yes OBJ even at this stage of his career is a better outside WR than anyone on our roster other than maybe Coleman depending on how quickly he gets up to speed. He is the exact type of signing I wanted to see, a baseline floor.

Not worried about Miami at all. Their already garbage defense is going to be even worse and Tua is still Tua.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Delightful!

But the fact remains that were it not for a miracle run at the end of last season, they'd have won it.

But they didnt. And we did.

Even worse really. It was all theirs, and they dropped it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

When, in September?

Is Tua still their QB?

Explain to me how they are better than last year, when they lost to every good team they played and had 0 chance of winning a Superbowl....

I expect this from Stephen A Smith but a bills fan being worried about the Dolphins in the year 2024 is kind of mind boggling.

Agreed.  Jets are the real competition for the AFC East 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes OBJ even at this stage of his career is a better outside WR than anyone on our roster other than maybe Coleman depending on how quickly he gets up to speed. He is the exact type of signing I wanted to see, a baseline floor.

Not worried about Miami at all. Their already garbage defense is going to be even worse and Tua is still Tua.

Fair enough. I dont think it moves the needle much for the Dolphins, and I dont think he'd even see the field much in Buffalo.

Agreed that no one needs to worry about the Dolphins.

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For all the flack I've given McD, he's proven he has Tua figured out. Take away his first option and he's toast.

The first Miami game last year is a good example of how this team should be built to win. Miami scored two quick TDs to start the game. But we just kept running up the score and eventually their offense becamse one dimensional and couldn't keep up. That's how this team with Josh Allen should be built to win - overwhelm the opponent with explosive offense and let the defense play from a favorable position.

Of course in recent years that style of winning has been rare because we haven't had enough offensive talent to steamroll teams like that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Delightful!

These statements play out well.

This is like a Chiefs fan saying "if it wasn't for a miracle at the end of the divisional round in 2022...the Bills would have won it."

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Don't get me wrong, that's not a BAD thing. It's a glorious thing.

It's just I'd rather not go through that nailbiter of a six-game stretch again, kthx

cardiac health is nice :lol:

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This how you know a fan is jaded.

Bills go on a great run and take the division when it looked bleak.  2.5 games behind with like 6 games to go?

Not a great run by the Bills....it was a miracle and Miami SHOULD have won it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

This how you know a fan is jaded.

Bills go on a great run and take the division when it looked bleak.  2.5 games behind with like 6 games to go?

Not a great run by the Bills....it was a miracle and Miami SHOULD have won it. 

not jaded, no.

skeptical/scorned/pessimistic, yes

• Haha (+1) 1

Dolphins are banking on home field advantage throughout the playoffs. If they get that they're very very dangerous.  If they have to go on the road to KC, buffalo, cincy,  any of the tough cold weather places, they're screwed

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mango said:

This is a very expensive 35 catches, 565 yards, and 3 TD's over 14 games. 

Maybe OBJ has one or two more 1k years left in him, but he is running on fumes. 

I think this is pretty optimistic. Only way I see him getting 1K at this point is cumulative and playing another 3 years. 

toast.gif

Edited by transient
  • Haha (+1) 2