Tim Graham article on Kim Pegula and Bills ownership

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Tim doesn't work for free.

I understand that. Not asking him to “break” a story here. His money has been earned by publishing the story via The Athletic. He seems to be an “insider”. Could stop in from time to time to expand on his thoughts. 

Edit: “Insider”?? Then I read his last paragraph. 😂 All conjecture. 

Edited by BringBackFergy

19 minutes ago, Beast said:

He is VERY involved with the Bills. He is on the road with them wherever they go. He absolutely loves the lifestyle of being an NFL owner.

It could be just him trying to learn as much about the NFL as he can. Terry is living my dream of owning a Buffalo sports franchise. And I would be just as clueless coming in. Nothing wrong with observing. Just don't get in the way.

13 minutes ago, Einstein said:

1) Tim Graham can be a jerk sometimes but he and Dunne are seemingly the only Buffalo media members willing to publicly speak on PSE’s private matters. Everyone else is too scared to upset the only business in town.

2) The fact that the son-in-law was “fired”, which is very different than resigned, implies that something not great happened. Graham wouldn’t have used that word willy-nilly.

3) The rosy picture that PSE painted when they first rode into town on white horses is being severely eroded in recent years. From the PSE slide-deck release that prioritized the families lifestyle, to the firing of every executive they ever hire, to the disaster that is the Sabres, to now this. As time moves on, I genuinely am becoming convinced that McDermott is keeping this operation stable. I don’t agree with all of his coaching decisions but he is clearly a good man and leader of men.

Yeah… Terry is the last owner I think of when I think “loves the limelight”. He won’t even give a once-a-year press conference.

#3 sticks out.  Look,there is something wrong there and it's becoming obvious.  No one is spotless, but the longer Kim has been gone, the more spots are starting to appear.

I am glad the team is locked into the new stadium so moving them isn't possible.  I hope that money doesn't tighten up in any way.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, Einstein said:

1) Tim Graham can be a jerk sometimes but he and Dunne are seemingly the only Buffalo media members willing to publicly speak on PSE’s private matters. Everyone else is too scared to upset the only business in town.

2) The fact that the son-in-law was “fired”, which is very different than resigned, implies that something not great happened. Graham wouldn’t have used that word willy-nilly.

3) The rosy picture that PSE painted when they first rode into town on white horses is being severely eroded in recent years. From the PSE slide-deck release that prioritized the families lifestyle, to the firing of every executive they ever hire, to the disaster that is the Sabres, to now this. As time moves on, I genuinely am becoming convinced that McDermott is keeping this operation stable. I don’t agree with all of his coaching decisions but he is clearly a good man and leader of men.

Yeah… Terry is the last owner I think of when I think “loves the limelight”. He won’t even give a once-a-year press conference.

We should be terrified of Beane and McDermott getting fired, not championing it like many here.  God only knows the hires this ownership would make.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It just makes me sad, for all of them.  Kim, Terry, the children.  

Terry's going to do what he has to do, whatever that may be.   He may stay the course, he actually be thinking about getting out.  

Why would he though? If he doesn't want to be so involved,then just hire a President to run the team and collect the money. Literally a license to print money and now he has a pretty much free stadium. After he gets the PSL fees and what nots. 

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

Why would he though? If he doesn't want to be so involved,then just hire a President to run the team and collect the money. Literally a license to print money and now he has a pretty much free stadium. After he gets the PSL fees and what nots. 

Ya only going to cost him $1b with over runs , thats pretty much free

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Sounds like Tim Graham threw around a lot of hypotheticals for a story making a soap opera out of a real family's lives. Could something be going on, sure, do we know, absolutely not. With Kim incapacitated somebody next in line needed to be in place, but it's not like we actually knew who that was going to be, Jessica made sense but she is actively a Pro Tennis player.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Why?  The man's life has changed totally in two years.  In such situations, some people reevaluate what's important to them.  Happens often.  I wasn't making a prediction, but under these circumstances, anything is possible.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Beast said:

He is VERY involved with the Bills. He is on the road with them wherever they go. He absolutely loves the lifestyle of being an NFL owner.

Good on ya for backing off on the limelight comment and substituting lifestyle. For the record I'd be less enamored with an owner that didn't love the lifestyle of an NFL owner, but I suppose others prefer corporate ownership.

Posted (edited)

Just signed up for Athletic account. Read the article and the sneaky last paragraph of that story. 

“Terry, who also serves as CEO and president of the Bills and Sabres, has neither granted an interview nor taken questions at a news conference since naming Kevyn Adams the Sabres’ general manager in June 2020. Terry hasn’t answered Bills-related questions since the March 2019 owners’ meetings.”

Complete supposition and alarmist reporting. 

I guess that’s why he doesn’t want to share ideas with us. No first-hand info. 

I am the victim of clickbait. 

Edited by BringBackFergy
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

7 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Ya only going to cost him $1b with over runs , thats pretty much free

I didnt know about this. So the stadium is going to be way over budget?

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Terribly difficult situation.  I’ve read a lot about Terry supposedly being absent and not caring, particularly from Sabres fans.  If this happened to your spouse you’d be with your life partner first and foremost.  Anyone would.  Or should.

That's sounds made up to fir a narrative. If you go to the sabres board that's linked to this board or somewhere like hf boards... most sabres fans think he's too involved.

7 minutes ago, Malazan said:

That's sounds made up to fir a narrative. If you go to the sabres board that's linked to this board or somewhere like hf boards... most sabres fans think he's too involved.

Nope

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Nope

Then explain why there is a plethora of posts about Terry being too involved in "hockey decisions"?

Edited by Malazan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Malazan said:

Then explain why all the posts on Sabres forums are about him being too involved?

Some think that some think the other.  Look up ones where he wasn’t there for different honoree ceremonies and such.  Regardless, the man has a wife who has apparently suffered a completely debilitation medical event.  If that’s where his attention is focused fine by me.