Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

They were just talking about Dick Butkus, when talking about the LB Ford and all I can think of is seeing him with his upper lip and just thinking he looks like a hockey enforcer on cleats. And if you don't get it outta the way, just bring the stretcher.

Edited by ScorpionZero

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Too many fan takes here have 3 basic premises: 

1)OMG we didn’t double dip in the low rounds, Beane sucks 

Reality: he has a plan for a vet and no he didn’t think the 10th best draftable WR was better than Cortland Sutton 

2) KC would be drafting Offense. 

Reality: KC used 5 of their 7 picks last year in defense. 

3) I watched 2 highlight videos and now I can tell you who our picks should be. 

Reality: this is why mock drafts never pan out because you aren’t a scout. As an aside you also do you know if the guy is not bright, which is what it appears the scouts were saying about guys like AD Mitchell. 

But when KC invests in defense, they get stops in the playoffs. It pays off. When has it ever paid off for us in the playoffs? Our Head Coach's specialty is our biggest liability when it matters most. He can't get it done even when the defense has been invested into more than the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't close to the best ever. He is arguably the most physically talented ever. That's a different question. 

OK, we gonna disagree.  Let me ask you this.  Why not pick Franklin at 95, and get Fat Boy from Duke later?  Did we really need a rotational DT more than another WR?

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We try to win a Championship every year. Otherwise why show up at all?

I think what you and others are trying to say is, we arent going "ALL IN" to win a Championship this year.

I think you're going out of your way to be obtuse about this. There's a world of difference between going all-in to win a Super Bowl, like the Rams did for instance and being well prepared and equipped to win a Super Bowl like the 49ers, Ravens, Texans, Eagles, Lions, and Chiefs are.

Most teams in the league aren't trying to win a Super Bowl in a given year. Would they like to?

Sure.

Will their players and coaches do their best to do so?

Absolutely.

Will their roster and coaching staff be constructed in such a way that they have a realistic shot at doing so?
Definitely not.

Beane knows that the roster will undoubtedly be weaker than it was last year. You can't lose the talent we've lost and  upgrade over it in a season. You don't make the signings he made in the goal of upgrading over what we had. He looked at what we had been doing with the way the roster was built, concluded that the best days of that build were behind us, and took some short term pain to set us up better for the future and a new window that will hopefully last the rest of Allen's career.

The pain isn't over. We're going to have to eat dead money in Von Miller's deal, likely Knox's deal, and possibly Milano's deal.

I have no doubt Allen wand McDermott will give it their best shot, but if it wasn't good enough the last 5 years, it sure as hell won't be in 2024. Hopefully it will be next year if some of our picks turn into stars, but my hopes are on 2026.

2 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Don't be shocked if we take a punter.  Bean still mad about Punt God.

Taylor was really the only draft able punter this year. Doesn't mean another won't go because the draft is weak.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

But when KC invests in defense, they get stops in the playoffs. It pays off. When has it ever paid off for us in the playoffs? Our Head Coach's specialty is our biggest liability when it matters most. He can't get it done even when the defense has been invested into more than the offense. 

Maybe we should hire spags as our new head coach then

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't close to the best ever. He is arguably the most physically talented ever. That's a different question. 

He is easily our best QB ever. Who would you take in our history over him? 

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the context of the post you were replying to, I think you were saying he's easily not the best ever in general if I have it right, not the Bills. I would definitely challenge you on it if you're saying he's not the Bills best QB ever. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

OK, we gonna disagree.  Let me ask you this.  Why not pick Franklin at 95, and get Fat Boy from Duke later?  Did we really need a rotational DT more than another WR?

I don't know I wasn't a big fan of the Carter pick. I thought it was a round early for him. 

I haven't loved this draft. I think they have been too focussed on filling needs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If we didn’t fill some of these defensive holes you could give Josh any wr in the league to replace Diggs and he wouldn’t beat an Andy Reid offense in a shootout. 

That playoff game was a good barometer for what things would’ve been like as we got forced into having some big holes due to multiple injuries in the same position group and man did the chiefs take advantage. 

What about the 2 other times when we didn't have a bunch of injuries and KC still put up 40 in both games?

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I do like Rekhow, but probably can be an UDFA

That's the other one I was trying to think of - to me that is the value of having a couple 7th rounders laying around.  You get to pick your UDFAs and leave them on lay-away.  Save Brock Purdy of course.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How?  Lol Kincaid appears to be very good and Coleman hasn’t played a down in the nfl yet 

they literally got josh the wr he asked for and fans  think because we didnt draft the wr they wanted we’re failing josh 😂 

Because some of the posters on this board scouted WRs this winter like it was a part-time job, they formed very strong opinions. Then the Bills went and picked the guy that TBD groupthink eliminated from their board while passing on the consensus TBD pick in AD MItchell. I mean, TBD tried to draft Mitchell three times in our group mocks. I think that the reason that the Bills thought differently was because they actually interviewed the guys. Also, fans wanted two WRs high because WRs are the most fun position to watch. That being said, we lost Diggs and didn't replace him. We don't have an elite route runner on the roster. 

3 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Maybe we should hire spags as our new head coach then

I'd take him over McD. Spags was a crappy head coach because of the other responsibilities involved...but so is McD. At least he has something to offer. I'm honestly not sure what it is that McD has to offer when his proficiency is what gets us lit up in the playoffs every single year. 

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Did we need depth at DT 3technique......only for the last few years. If Beane wanted Franklin he would have gotten him or someone else the guy lasted until the 4th round.