Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Makes sense for Denver with Bo Nix

is Courtland Sutton now available?

If Beane feels like going after a vet WR, I'd rather hang onto picks and not pay a huge contract to a guy that largely has a similar skillset to the guy we just drafted 33rd overall. 

Maybe someone with speed, size and some experience like DJ Chark, who is a FA right now may bring something different to the room.

• Agree 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Chargers draft room looks like 10 years out of date compared to everywhere else. 

Until he's beating teams to death running the ball throwing play action. And players coming off the field saying "I never wanna play them again"

If we're not gonna have an impressive top three -- which, currently, we don't -- I'd like to go the Green Bay route and have a handful of good and diverse guys. If we're not gonna have top line quality, I'd like to see us at least have top line quantity and diversity.

That's why I'd like to see the Bills add a receiver with their next pick.

The Packers have :

Watson
Doubs
Reed
Wicks
Melton
TE Kraft
TE Musgrave

No world beaters and no true number 1, but a good collection of players, and Love is able to spread the ball around.

The Bills have:

Coleman
Samuel
Shakir
Hollins
Shorter/Hamler/car salesmen
TE Kincaid
TE Knox

Coleman is their Watson (physically freaky, borderline WR1 type), Samuel is a decent to good number 2 in this league, and Shakir can hopefully be their Reed in the slot. They have better tight ends than the Packers. They just need one or two more dudes in that group. Hopefully they come today.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Just now, ScorpionZero said:

Until he's beating teams to death running the ball throwing play action. And players coming off the field saying "I never wanna play them again"

I wasn't talking about their draft. I was talking about the draft room. It's like a tight end meeting room with a chargers flag thrown over the table. Talk about low tech. Surprised they are not writing names on a chalk board.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

If we're not gonna have an impressive top three -- which, currently, we don't -- I'd like to go the Green Bay route and have a handful of good and diverse guys.

That's why I'd like to see the Bills add a receiver with their next pick.

The Packers have :

Watson
Doubs
Reed
Wicks
Melton
TE Kraft
TE Musgrave

No world beaters and no true number 1, but a good collection of players, and Love is able to spread the ball around.

The Bills have:

Coleman
Samuel
Shakir
Hollins
Shorter/Hamler/car salesmen
TE Kincaid
TE Knox

Coleman is their Watson (physically freaky, borderline WR1 type), Samuel is a decent to good number 2 in this league, and Shakir can hopefully be their Reed in the slot. They have better tight ends than the Packers. They just need one or two more dudes in that group. Hopefully they come today.

THIS

Get one more quality upside WR and I’m all in on the Packers approach for Allen. 

Hollins is nice vet depth, but should he put WR5. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Still wondering what prompted the Bills to spend so much time on Troy Franklin. They must have liked the film but couldn’t get past the measurables or off field work. 

I've said this in two other threads. I think they liked him and then saw him at the combine and we're like woah this guy may not be what we thought. The sickness thing came out and the Bills probably had questions and brought him in for the private workout hoping that he would be a different player than the one they saw at the combine and he probably under performed in the private workout for them as well so the Bills decided to pass.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I wasn't talking about their draft. I was talking about the draft room. It's like a tight end meeting room with a chargers flag thrown over the table. Talk about low tech. Surprised they are not writing names on a chalk board.

They're currently building a new facility so that is probably a rented conference room. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Kinda seems like a Gabe Davis clone. Would that be a win or would we be disappointed if he doesn't become a more complete player?

Im pretty good if we can get a Gabe Davis clone today on a rookie contract (hopefully with better hands)

The Gabe Davis discourse became toxic because it became time to pay him or let him walk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yea the Bills can do pretty much what they want to do in these rounds coming up but Beane did say they would sit a bit before thinking about it.

I think if Beane does a 2-for-1 it'd be something like #141 + #163 to go to the #118 range