[Vague Title]

47 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have no idea if this guy is going to be a good WR. I have seen very little of him. I just feel like we didn’t do anywhere near enough at WR. I don’t want to even attempt to fix this today. These rounds are not where you find suitable replacements. Can you get lucky? Yes. Nothing in this league is a give. And I’m not interested in just writing years off. We lost the best/2nd best WR in teen history and Davis and replaced them with basically nothing. It’s not enough. I fully  expect led us to move way up and get one of the true studs here or trade for an Ayuk/Samuel. This isn’t good enough enough now and I fear it’s too late to make a move that will change that.

1st in no way do I want either one of SFs wideouts which leads directly to 2nd we are trying to add young talent to help balance the ledger, infusing the team with the "NEXT". because the last time I checked QBs contracts are not going down anytime soon, so no to expensive veterans receivers. Time for home grown, now as to if Coleman will be any good, how can we know our judge, give the kid a couple years, before judging him. I'll bet by the second half of the season him and Josh will be doing the wink 😜 back shoulder passes.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Beane has been very forthright about the Bills draft this year.  He said there were only 25 or so players with first rd grades and when one wasn’t there at 28 he traded down.  He said he was going to add DT help and did.  

Safety was also an obvious need with only 3 on the roster and both projected starters were backups last season.  Beane filled this obvious need with a very talented player who he probably had inside scoop on because of his Utes teammate Kincaid. 

However Beane also said, if my memory serves, that the Bills passing game needed more explosive plays and someone who could stretch the field.  Instead he drafts a player who ran 4.61 at the combine.  This is where the disappointment comes in.  Beane set the expectations and then to all appearances didn’t deliver.

I’m not a fan of the Coleman pick.  However, I do trust Beane and there is reason to hope. First, Beane said we need to be better at contested catches and Coleman does that well.  We also need bigger targets who make plays in the red zone and Coleman does that as well.  @Big Turk also pointed out Coleman 20 mph in game speed.  This is Nacua type in game speed and we know how that turned out. 

Beane said he wanted someone who was good at what they did, not necessarily a speed guy, at least in his last press conference before the draft. Hopefully Keon can win some contested balls. If he can't it will be a failed pick. Hopefully it's not Duke 2.0.

58 minutes ago, Dunkirk Donski said:

For all the whining and bellyaching about Coleman being our first pick (I was disappointed myself) it’s time to man up and admit that none of us are draft experts…some draft analysts had Franklin going late 1st, and many of us would’ve been happy taking him at 33.  For those in here who had Franklin going 4th round, where have we erred, and why were we so wrong?  

I 100% admit Coleman was not even on my radar at 33. This is because I was conditioned by months of endless listening to WGR and all the "draft experts" basically removing him from 1st/2nd round contention. I would have bet any money Franklin would have been the pick. This is because I know jack ***** about scouting. I get my info second hand from what I listen to and 99.99% of this board does as well. To whine and cry that beane and the bills have no ***** idea what they are doing is absolutely insane to me. the fools on the radio and twitter make you think if a wr does not run a 4.3 40 time they are worthless athletes. not saying this pick will work out but looking at it now Coleman seems like a fine young man who's tape shows an absolute baller that took over games. his upside is big. excited for him and for this offense next year. go bills

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The problem isn’t that NFL evaluators are wrong. People will always point to Metcalf or Russ Wilson as examples and say see I told you so. 

I bet if I went through past draft threads those same people would recommend many others that never panned out in any way and it would probably be 50-1 on the failure to success rate but because Beane took Cody Ford or TJ Graham got picked he’s a moron 

14 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

However Beane also said, if my memory serves, that the Bills passing game needed more explosive plays and someone who could stretch the field.  Instead he drafts a player who ran 4.61 at the combine.  This is where the disappointment comes in.  Beane set the expectations and then to all appearances didn’t deliver.

Yes, he did indeed say that but the draft is not over yet so perhaps he drafts a seemingly one-trick pony who can sprint. I dont see such a burner in the available FA pile. 

5 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Beane said he wanted someone who was good at what they did, not necessarily a speed guy, at least in his last press conference before the draft. Hopefully Keon can win some contested balls. If he can't it will be a failed pick. Hopefully it's not Duke 2.0.

We still need a speed guy. Lets not talk ourselves out of that need. The deep part of the field is still not covered by anyone in the WR room yet. 

53 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

When I was in my 20s and 30s I loved the Draft.  Couldn't get enough content or coverage.   Would get upset about picks, talk about reaches and value picks.

In my 40s I take it for what it is.   Teams picking players that they think will fit their programs based on educated guesses.   I don't down people on this board for having opinions, because some of you really understand the game.    Bottom line is somewhere between 60-70% of the guy's taken won't be anything beyond depth.

The Draft stopped being fun when the Bills got good.   I am more than happy for that.   It also gives me more reason to trust the guy's involved in their front office.   If you want something fun to do instead of the Draft, the NBA playoffs are a great alternative.

Sorry basketball is not an option it's like soccer except you can't use your feet with lots of scoring just as soccer is like basketball except you can't use your hands with barely any scoring. "Place Snoring meme here"

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Yes, he did indeed say that but the draft is not over yet so perhaps he drafts a seemingly one-trick pony who can sprint. I dont see such a burner in the available FA pile. 

We still need a speed guy. Lets not talk ourselves out of that need. The deep part of the field is still not covered by anyone in the WR room yet. 

Yes, I put that in my other response. I think this all but guarantees that, fingers crossed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Well...there is no guarantee they are right either.

Plenty of round 4 WRs end up as really good players that would have been taken in the first round of there was a "do over" 4 years later.

I guess we would have to revisit it in 4 years to know, just like we would any pick really.

We're not experts and sometimes even the scouts aren't experts. Brady was passed for 6 rounds. We blew the Elam, Maybin & Sammy picks. Nobody knows anything.  It's all speculation.  I still like Franklin and hope we pick him in the 4th.  Watched most of his games and he looked pretty damn good. We still need more than just a Coleman ( who I'm disappointed we selected over guys like Thomas, Leggette and McConkey. But what do I know. I wanted Rosen???

49 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Ive watched Coleman at Michigan and FSU.....

The kid has immeasurable tangibles that fit right in with our roster.......he's big, athletic, his hands are ball magnets, he's physical and can be a mismatch nightmare anywhere on the field.

Don't let the combine fool you.......yes, his 40 time was slow, however, he had the best time in the gauntlet and the pass-arounds from all other WR's there. Think about that, you pancake eating mother-****ers.

I like the pick.

I can see what our coaching staff is trying to put together here. I didn't see it recently, but i'm seeing the roster they are trying to build and the philosophy behind it.

Regardless of what our armchair GM's on these boards think, it was a good pick.

I have spoken.

I'll take cheesy scram please

46 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

I feel blessed that we are getting all this expert, inside  knowledge about how Beane is making bad decisions on who to select in this draft. We have people on this board that absolutely know which players will be successful and which ones won't.  A true gift for sure.

Are you talking smack about my crystal ball, don't make me shine it up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Ive watched Coleman at Michigan and FSU.....

The kid has immeasurable tangibles that fit right in with our roster.......he's big, athletic, his hands are ball magnets, he's physical and can be a mismatch nightmare anywhere on the field.

Don't let the combine fool you.......yes, his 40 time was slow, however, he had the best time in the gauntlet and the pass-arounds from all other WR's there. Think about that, you pancake eating mother-****ers.

I like the pick.

I can see what our coaching staff is trying to put together here. I didn't see it recently, but i'm seeing the roster they are trying to build and the philosophy behind it.

Regardless of what our armchair GM's on these boards think, it was a good pick.

I have spoken.

If you look at him as a Davis replacement and not a Diggs replacement, he should be a definite upgrade.

I think those wailing and gnashing their teeth are sleeping on Curtis Samuel a bit.

Do we have a true WR1 right now? Probably not. But when you look at Diggs production the way they ran offense the last half of last season and then consider Samuel in his role (4.3s 40, physical player) and Coleman in Davis’s role (big target, better hands, better with contested catches, similarly good blocker) with year 2 Kincaid, a rising Shakir and a dual threat Cook it’s not as bad as some here are making it seem.

The individual talent may not be as high with Samuel vs Diggs, but collectively, if Coleman turns out to be a Davis upgrade, it’s probably better rounded than any WR room since the 2021 season. They presumably won’t need to give Samuel 100+ catches per year to keep him from being a problem child, and they shouldn’t need to count on replacement level players like off-the-street Cole Beasley and the ghost of John Brown, McKenzie and his inability to focus, Harty, or Sherfield for meaningful production. 

Looking at it from the perspective of next season, if this doesn’t pan out, they have cap space and draft capital (Vikes 2nd rd expected to be a high second) to actually move up to select a WR in the top of the first or bring in a FA if needed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not everyone was wrong, @Solomon Grundy was definitely pushing hard for Coleman. Really hope he was right. 

I still have concerns about his ability to separate, but he’s only 20 and has room to improve his route running. 

Will be thrilled if he proves us all wrong. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, peterpan said:

The more YouTube vids I see of Coleman, the better he is loooking.  I was a little too quick to judge at first.  He is faster and smoother than I remembered.  Still a project guy tho 

Admittedly, I'm a Gators fan and def preferred Ricky over Coleman, but Coleman is good. I think he was being diluted by WGR because he ran less than half a second slower than the fastest player in combine history. 

Coleman is a fart slower than Worthy and people freeeeeaked out. For reference, last year some dude name Pukka Nacua ran a 4.57 but had the fastest gauntlet. Idk who that dude is, hopefully Coleman is at least a little better than that guy...amirite? 

I got to watch some of Coleman and he is good. If he has the ball and you're not already on top of him, good luck. If he's on a crosser or slant and has a step he's gone. He's hard to bring down, he's big and can hurdle defenders. It's like Josh throwing the ball to himself. I did hate it at first, but probably more because I liked Pearsall more, but honestly I feel Brady will use his strengths to our advantage and exploit slower and smaller defenses easily with guys like Kincaid, Samuel, Coleman and Shakir. 

Now I feel we can let McD get his defensive players, add another depth receiver, and take our collective hands off the button here at TBD, eh?

23 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

How is this in any way shape or form comparable to Duke? Outside of them being WR there’s nothing that’s the same 

45 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I am no expert. But drafting a guy that slow who can’t separate or win versus press is crazy to me. 

Out of all the videos you may or may not have watched, exactly how many teams tried to press him ?

57 minutes ago, balln said:

For sure. But there is some legitimacy to a few # here . Basham over creed 

Cody for Dover dk 

Elam 

Like what is their philosophy? Ground and pound and dominate the short and intermediate passing game? Have the biggest guys on offense ?

Here’s the thing some people don’t want to accept: 

There really are some people in other walks of life that are better evaluators of talent than people running NFL teams. It’s a statistical reality. They just don’t end up working in the NFL. There are people off the street that would be better than me at doing my job. No doubt.

Some people just can’t seem to fathom this and can’t accept that such fans would feel frustrated. They get all sensitive and rude. Such is life.

The year we picked Antoine Winfield I was screaming for Antoine Winfield. That was awesome.

The year we picked Dante Whitner I was screaming for Haloti Ngata. That sucked. 

The year we picked Aaron Maybin I was screaming for Clay Matthews Jr. That sucked. 

The year we picked CJ Spiller I also wanted Spiller and was wrong right along with the Bills.

The year we picked Elam I was screaming for Woolen. That kinda sucked. 

So as you can see, some fans have a better sense for talent and it’s hard to watch the team end up making lesser choices. 

PS I would have taken McConkey at 33 this year.

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Sorry basketball is not an option it's like soccer except you can't use your feet with lots of scoring just as soccer is like basketball except you can't use your hands with barely any scoring. "Place Snoring meme here"

Its fine if its not your bag but its nothing like soccer.   Soccer is a group of men passing the ball back and forth and not scoring.   Basketball is a bunch of men passing the ball back and forth and scoring every couple of seconds.   Soccer and baseball, that I get.