Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

26 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

I hate that Franklin and Walker are on the board and we take a DT and then the war room has freaking Mcdouche standing right next to Beane whispering in his ear. Dude go sit in the corner and let Beane get Allen a deep threat 

Won’t happen. They see things the same. Even if they didn’t, mcdouche holds more weight with Terry Moneybags than Beane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Rousseau, Oliver, Milano, Bernard, Taron Johnson and Benford might disagree with you. Dane Jackson would too if we had kept him. 

Rousseau has not been anything special. Alright but disappears at times. Ed took 3 years to get consistent but was still a ghost in our last 2 playoff losses. A time we needed him to step up. You also have Boohie that got traded and AJ who finally started helping in year 4. How’s Elam doing anyway.  These are all first and second day picks that either didn’t pan out or took a few years to get the most out of them.  
I don’t care about day 3 picks, most of them are a crapshoot anyway. We got a few good ones, doesn’t change the fact they continue to invest high picks in McDs D and don’t get much production out of them. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, joey greco said:

now this is horseshit.  all 22 positions are not equal, not at all.

In round 3 they are.  There is nobody out there that will put us over the edge in round 3.  Best player available

• Disagree 2

25 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Let me guess, "Great pick! Wow, Beane's killing it! Can't believe this guy was still here!"

Let me guess "I dont know his name, he sucks just like Bernard, Taron, Shakir, Milano, and all suck and were the wrong picks of people I didn't know"  

Everyone throwing a tantrum over the guy every team in the NFL has passed on 3 times now in Franklin.  And its only the Bills though making the mistake of not taking future HOF WR Troy Franklin lol

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

Did they take away the rest of our picks>

yea 4th and 5th rounders are sure things, it's all good.   or maybe you should use premium picks to enable the best player your franchise has ever had.  one or the other, i'm not sure which is best.   it does seem like depth wins super bowls though, not top end guys.

• Agree 1

For all you Franklin fan boys the guy had 11 TDs in the PAC 12 and is still on the board… why? Cause he runs one route and is soft at the point of contact. He’s a 5th round talent at best. McCaffrey little brother who is much slower got taken over him. Cause he runs more than one route. Watch some college ball and all of you Coleman haters are going to eat crow. Great draft so far. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know next to nothing about him but going safety then DT is hardly a surprise. We needed help there.

I'm sure we'll take another WR tomorrow. I'd have preferred we draft a C though this draft seems light on them. 

Carter will play snaps because we need him to. McD rotates. We need another end as well. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Let me guess "I dont know his name, he sucks just like Bernard, Taron, Shakir, Milano, and all suck and were the wrong picks of people I didn't know"  

Everyone throwing a tantrum over the guy every team in the NFL has passed on 3 times now in Franklin.  And its only the Bills though making the mistake of not taking future HOF WR Troy Franklin lol

Nope, I’ve never said this dude sucks. And I’m not a Franklin guy. 

I do think once again that we are falling short of giving #17 the weapons he needs and don’t understand the benefit of the doubt that Beane and McD are getting from some of you on it while McD and the high amount of resources he’s gotten for his defenses have let us down literally every single postseason and every single big moment. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Won’t happen. They see things the same. Even if they didn’t, mcdouche holds more weight with Terry Moneybags than Beane. 

You realize we had exactly 3 legit rotation players at DT yes? Like Ankou and DeShawn Williams are practice squad level players. Like Williams singed a $1M deal. at 31. 

You could have argued that DT rotation was a bigger need than perimeter WR, because at least Justin Shorter exists.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Rousseau has not been anything special. Alright but disappears at times. Ed took 3 years to get consistent but was still a ghost in our last 2 playoff losses. A time we needed him to step up. You also have Boohie that got traded and AJ who finally started helping in year 4. How’s Elam doing anyway.  These are all first and second day picks that either didn’t pan out or took a few years to get the most out of them.  
I don’t care about day 3 picks, most of them are a crapshoot anyway. We got a few good ones, doesn’t change the fact they continue to invest high picks in McDs D and don’t get much production out of them. 

If you don't care about day 3 picks than you don't know how teams build rosters. Playmakers can make plays because they aren't playing every snap. Give me a list of teams that drafted around pick 25 over last four seasons that getting stellar play with each of their 1st and 2nd Rounders over that period of time? 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The browns didn’t pass on him three times. They only had 2 picks 

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sure ok, I don't disagree with anything you said. 

Won't make any difference in January on 3rd and goal from the 8 yard line. 

I actually don't think Beane is this tragically stupid. I think he has a deal for a WR in place after June 1st.

Are you saying drafting Troy Franklin or fill in the blank would have put us over the top in January on third and goal from the eight?

Shirley.