Rd 3, Pick 95: DT DeWayne Carter, Duke

SDS

On 4/26/2024 at 11:08 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Not only was that fun to watch, but there was a LOT of Carter hitting Drake Maye and separating him from the ball. I would like to make that a special tradition.   😋

• Like (+1) 12

4 hours ago, Augie said:

Not only was that fun to watch, but there was a LOT of Carter hitting Drake Maye and separating him from the ball. I would like to make that a special tradition.   😋

I saw that also, he's already acclimated to destroying the newest member of the Patriots, well played Beane, well played.

On 4/26/2024 at 11:12 PM, buffblue said:

The writeups on this guy seem very positive. Would've preferred Franklin or Walker but this was a need. Let's hope Buffalo will still grab a 2nd wide out with speed

Will they?

I have never really seen this guy play, so all my knowledge is second and third hand...

Qualifier aside, one talent evaluator (I think it was lance zierlein) said when he saw him at the senior bowl, he reminded him of a "rolling ball of knives" and that stuck out to me, because the last guy I remember hearing that about was...Kyle Williams.

Size, demeanor, playstyle (apparently)...that's who this guy reminds me of. Lets hope that happens.

14 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

I have never really seen this guy play, so all my knowledge is second and third hand...

Qualifier aside, one talent evaluator (I think it was lance zierlein) said when he saw him at the senior bowl, he reminded him of a "rolling ball of knives" and that stuck out to me, because the last guy I remember hearing that about was...Kyle Williams.

Size, demeanor, playstyle (apparently)...that's who this guy reminds me of. Lets hope that happens.

I think alot of the negativity of the draft are from some getting there information from one source.  You look at 3 different evaluators rankings they are all different.  Some dont see Carter as a top 100 player.  Simms had him as his 3rd DT in the class.  I felt the class was deep in 3 techs.  Where I felt it to be lacking were guys able to play both of Buffalos DT spots.

1T is lacking a long term solution.  The quickest way onto the field is behind Ed.  I think Carter was one of a select few who can do both.  Last year was a dumpster fire Ed and Jones.  Carter is an upgrade their and projects to be the answer at 1 tech long term. 

On 4/26/2024 at 11:14 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

And yet I will make a friendly wager with you that Allen has the best statistical season of his career this year. 

I made a post saying this same thing. I think Allen will be having a lot more fun out there. 

• Agree 1

On 4/30/2024 at 9:33 AM, Mikey152 said:

Sans boo boo foot.

On 4/26/2024 at 9:09 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

So you are guaranteeing Coleman is a starter? 

None of us know if he is going to be any good. But all of us know you nearly double your odds if you take another WR.

How can you defend what hasn't worked? They keep drafting defense early and it hasn't worked.  

2 years in a row first pick for the Bills was a weapon for Josh.  Stop this false narrative all we do is pick defense early.  They have invested a lot of picks in the first 3 rounds on offense over the years despite the fact that the offense being the 2nd highest scoring offense in the NFL the past 4 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

2 years in a row first pick for the Bills was a weapon for Josh.  Stop this false narrative all we do is pick defense early.  They have invested a lot of picks in the first 3 rounds on offense over the years despite the fact that the offense being the 2nd highest scoring offense in the NFL the past 4 years.

Allen

Dawkins - McGovern - VPG - Torrence - Brown

Cook - Davis

Kincaid - Knox

Coleman - Samuel - Shakir

This could very well be our core offense for, at least, the next 2 years. 

I'd agree that if we all rationally step back and look at that potential Offense, that there is adequate investment around Allen.

I wouldn't say that they've gone above and beyond for him, but I also wouldn't say they've left him out to dry.  Looks to me to be about average of what they could do and reasonably expect Allen to elevate everyone around him. 

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

That is called recency bias

• Disagree 1

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Allen

Dawkins - McGovern - VPG - Torrence - Brown

Cook - Davis

Kincaid - Knox

Coleman - Samuel - Shakir

This could very well be our core offense for, at least, the next 2 years. 

I'd agree that if we all rationally step back and look at that potential Offense, that there is adequate investment around Allen.

I wouldn't say that they've gone above and beyond for him, but I also wouldn't say they've left him out to dry.  Looks to me to be about average of what they could do and reasonably expect Allen to elevate everyone around him. 

All things considered, Buffalo has spent a fair amount of draft capital on offense as well as defense.  WR, C, RB this year.  TE and RG last year.  RB and WR the year before.  I'd like to see one of these players just be "the guy" though.  My expectation is kincaid breaks out, but i also think shakir is going to turn some heads this year and officially graduate to full-time starter status in a more impactful way than gabe was ever able to.  

• Simon unpinned this topic