Bills interested in Deebo Samuel per Mike Giardi

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

It sounds like the 49ers aren't really looking to move Aiyuk, though. In fact, they may be trying to still work an extension 

That's cause Deebo's older and is gonna cost them this year and next already.

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wow, that is quite the over exaggeration there.  He is a nice weapon, especially after the catch.  But he is not a great deep ball WR, he doesn't have the best hands, and Brandon Aiyuk is by far the better actual WR on that team.  Deebo makes up for what he lacks as a pure WR in his YAC and his versatility as a runner.  

He also has injury issues.  But the issue is that we have Samuel, Shakir, and Kincaid who are all going to attack from the slot and the short to medium areas of the field.  That is Deebo's sweet spot, so I don't know he is such a great fit for us.  We need a true boundary WR who can attack all 3 phases of the field more than another short area attack weapon.  

With a generational talent it’s on the OC to model an offense that features Deebo as a compliment to our double TE attack with Curtis Samuel being a slot/ boundary threat. I’m not saying we couldn’t use an additional vertical option, but with Shakir, who will be a solid #2 and Cook, who is a matchup nightmare for LBs and safeties. Can  you offer a better offensive attack in the NFL spearheaded by the best double threat QB in football?

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

With a generational talent it’s on the OC to model an offense that features Deebo as a compliment to our double TE attack with Curtis Samuel being a slot/ boundary threat. I’m not saying we couldn’t use an additional vertical option, but with Shakir, who will be a solid #2 and Cook, who is a matchup nightmare for LBs and safeties. Can  you offer a better offensive attack in the NFL spearheaded by the best double threat QB in football?

Yes I can think of a dozen WR's before blinking an eye that make this team better  Deebo does.  Honestly, I can name 3 WR's in this draft that I would take without question over Deebo to make this team better.  

Deebo is a nice player, dont get me wrong, I like Deebo and enjoy watching him play.  But "generational talent"?  Same WR who has broken 900 yards once?  If I am being totally honest, he is maybe the 5th best player on his offense, at best 4th (depending on where you rank Kittle) behind Trent Williams, CMC, Aiyuk, and Kittle.  

The Bills needs at WR are for a fast guy to play on the outside, preferably one with some size that can make contested catches.  Deebo is more of a slot guy and a gadget guy (getting carries out of the backfield) and they already signed that in Samuel.  Plus, Deebo is injury-prone and expensive.  Just draft a guy already!

11 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I would like to see a youth movement on this team. I wouldn’t hate it if we traded for Deebo, but I wouldn’t love it either. I guess it would depend on the compensation.

Agreed.  There is no need to make this move.  He is talented, so obviously not the worst thing from on who is on the field stand point, but overall, I don't like the move for the Bills nor do I think they would do it.  But you never know

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes I can think of a dozen WR's before blinking an eye that make this team better  Deebo does.  Honestly, I can name 3 WR's in this draft that I would take without question over Deebo to make this team better.  

Deebo is a nice player, dont get me wrong, I like Deebo and enjoy watching him play.  But "generational talent"?  Same WR who has broken 900 yards once?  If I am being totally honest, he is maybe the 5th best player on his offense, at best 4th (depending on where you rank Kittle) behind Trent Williams, CMC, Aiyuk, and Kittle.  

OK, you’re entitled to your opinion about receivers in the draft being a better option. 73% of 1st round receivers don’t get a 2nd contract from their original organization over a 10 year period since 2014. Deebo in 2023 in an injury diminished season had 900 yds receiving and 7 TDs. He had just under 300 yds rushing with 5 TDs and more yds as KR.  You don’t rank him as a top 10 all purpose player, that’s unfortunate. In a year where we lose our #1 receiver, Deebo would make us better than the Bills of the last 3 years. The only problem is fitting him under the cap. We’re dealing with a Josh window, we have to be bold. The receivers left on the board might be productive in their rookie year, but Deebo will be a beast and you know it.

• Disagree 1

35 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

OK, you’re entitled to your opinion about receivers in the draft being a better option. 73% of 1st round receivers don’t get a 2nd contract from their original organization over a 10 year period since 2014. Deebo in 2023 in an injury diminished season had 900 yds receiving and 7 TDs. He had just under 300 yds rushing with 5 TDs and more yds as KR.  You don’t rank him as a top 10 all purpose player, that’s unfortunate. In a year where we lose our #1 receiver, Deebo would make us better than the Bills of the last 3 years. The only problem is fitting him under the cap. We’re dealing with a Josh window, we have to be bold. The receivers left on the board might be productive in their rookie year, but Deebo will be a beast and you know it.

Do you watch Deebo play?  Because I do, and he is not the best WR on his own team, let alone better than Diggs has been.  My wife is a die hard niners fan and we watch every game.  Deebo is a nice player but he isn't a generational talent.  And if you think any team would take Deebo over Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, or Rome Odunze right now you are mistaken. Those guys are seen a generational talents whose ceilings vast exceed what Deebo is and at a fraction of the cost and younger age.

And there are a lot of WR's in the NFL that make the Bills better than Deebo would.  And I like Deebo, hes a good player.  But he is not a generational talent, nor is he HOF bound, which if someone who is a vet at 28 is being labeled a "generational talent" they better be on a HOF trajectory.  

Deebo is excellent on YAC, but he isn't "great" at anything else.  One of those "Jack of all trades, but master of none" type players.  But come on...generational talent?  Thats a Megatron, Moss, Julio, Hopkins, etc kind of player.  If we are going to label guys like Deebo "generational talents" then they suddenly become not so rare.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Do you watch Deebo play?  Because I do, and he is not the best WR on his own team, let alone better than Diggs has been.  My wife is a die hard niners fan and we watch every game.  Deebo is a nice player but he isn't a generational talent.  And if you think any team would take Deebo over Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, or Rome Odunze right now you are crazy.  Those guys are seen a generational talents whose ceilings vast exceed what Deebo is and at a fraction of the cost.  

And there are a lot of WR's in the NFL that make the Bills better than Deebo would.  And I like Deebo, hes a good player.  But he is not a generational talent, nor is he HOF bound (which if someone who is a vet at 28 and being labled a "generational talent" they better be on a HOF trajectory).

Deebo is excellent on YAC, but he isn't "great" at anything else.  One of those "Jack of all trades, but master of none" type players.  But come on...generational talent?  Thats a Megatron, Moss, Julio, Hopkins, etc kind of player.  If we are going to label guys like Deebo "generational talents" then they suddenly become not so rare.  

We were out of the running for Harrison, Nabors or Odunze, picking at 28. Naturally you wouldn’t take Deebo over a 5 year rookie contract of a top ten talent but Deebo is 28 and has 4 or 5 years of top production. He amassed excellent #s with the noodle armed QB in SF. Can you imagine what he could do with Josh? Why do you think Houston converted Diggs to a  one year deal.? He’s not the same guy anymore and especially without Josh. Deebo is a perfect fit for us. He’s a gamer and is coming into his prime years. Why so negative?

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

We were out of the running for Harrison, Nabors or Odunze, picking at 28. Naturally you wouldn’t take Deebo over a 5 year rookie contract of a top ten talent but Deebo is 28 and has 4 or 5 years of top production. He amassed excellent #s with the noodle armed QB in SF. Can you imagine what he could do with Josh? Why do you think Houston converted Diggs to a  one year deal.? He’s not the same guy anymore and especially without Josh. Deebo is a perfect fit for us. He’s a gamer and is coming into his prime years. Why so negative?

Im not negative, I really like Deebo and watching him play.  I pushed back on the over exaggeration though of Deebo and the reference to him being a generational talent.  

I don't share the same outlook that he is a perfect fit for us though.  We need a boundary WR that can attack all 3 phases of the field, especially downfield.  That is not Deebo.  He is ok WR whose value is in YAC and short areas of the field where you get the ball in his hands and let him see what he can do.  We already have 3 guys who specialize in that area and out of the slot in Shakir, Samuel, and Kincaid.  And quite frankly, Shakir is quite good at YAC and has been referenced as being "Deebo lite" last year.  

For as good as Deebo is as a football player, he isn't that special as an actual WR downfield.  It is why him and Aiyuk compliment each other so well.  He needs to be next to an Aiyuk not a Shakir or Samuel IMHO.  

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Do you watch Deebo play?  Because I do, and he is not the best WR on his own team, let alone better than Diggs has been.  My wife is a die hard niners fan and we watch every game.  Deebo is a nice player but he isn't a generational talent.  And if you think any team would take Deebo over Marvin Harrison Jr, Malik Nabers, or Rome Odunze right now you are mistaken. Those guys are seen a generational talents whose ceilings vast exceed what Deebo is and at a fraction of the cost and younger age.

And there are a lot of WR's in the NFL that make the Bills better than Deebo would.  And I like Deebo, hes a good player.  But he is not a generational talent, nor is he HOF bound, which if someone who is a vet at 28 is being labeled a "generational talent" they better be on a HOF trajectory.  

Don’t compare Deebo with Diggs. When Diggs that Diva ingrate had a chance to get us to the SB, finally, he short armed a perfect ball and finished a forgettable 7 game stretch of being ordinary. How many SBs did Diggs get us to?  The closest we got to beating KC, Gabe Davis had a great game not Diggs. Deebo was in 2 SBs and his best is yet to come.

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not negative, I really like Deebo and watching him play.  I pushed back on the over exaggeration though of Deebo and the reference to him being a generational talent.  

I don't share the same outlook that he is a perfect fit for us though.  We need a boundary WR that can attack all 3 phases of the field, especially downfield.  That is not Deebo.  He is ok WR whose value is in YAC and short areas of the field where you get the ball in his hands and let him see what he can do.  We already have 3 guys who specialize in that area and out of the slot in Shakir, Samuel, and Kincaid.  And quite frankly, Shakir is quite good at YAC and has been referenced as being "Deebo lite" last year.  

For as good as Deebo is as a football player, he isn't that special as an actual WR downfield.  It is why him and Aiyuk compliment each other so well.  He needs to be next to an Aiyuk not a Shakir or Samuel IMHO.  

Who says we can’t design an offense that can use Deebo in the same way SF did? I don’t think Shakir would take away from the bubble screen and underneath pass game Deebo would be great at. We could always use a vertical receiver in the draft and there are an abundance of them.  Shakir is a solid #2 and Curtis is versatile multi usage threat. Remember Deebo can also complement Cook in the run game.

• Dislike 1

Please...no...no...no!

Too expensive...too injury prone, too old, too much draft capital, and too much a replication (albeit it a better version) of Shakir and Cook.

Need a bigger receiver