Kirk Cousins isn’t happy with Atlanta’s draft choice

Einstein

28 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Atlanta is thinking to get the most out of these old QBs you need to light a fire under them, like Brady re-elevating over Jimmy G, Rodgers over Love, Favre over Rodgers etc.  There certainly examples to show they are right. 

none of those top ten picks 6 weeks after joining the team 

that’s a 2026 play 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 2

Some how I just can’t bring myself to be the slightest bit concerned for Cousins, or The Falcons for that matter…, 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean Cousins is 35 drafting a rookie QB to develop behind him isn't the craziest plan to have.

Yeah if you weren’t in a win now mode. They had a chance to get an other explosive piece to their offense and they picked a backup QB. Insane

Even if you LOVE Penix, the logic is bad 

Don't get me wrong, I hate the pick.  But if you put yourself in the Falcons position and you're in a division where in a given year 7-9 wins is enough to get the crown the Cousins/Penix moves are the ultimate win now and win later moves.

Just kidding, I still am not buying.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Some how I just can’t bring myself to be the slightest bit concerned for Cousins, or The Falcons for that matter…, 

44 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

The Atlanta GM emerges to discuss the 1st round selection..

698f7fbd6a3e175cde6ec6b6d01bdf91.jpg

Reminds me of Firesign Theatre: 'I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus'.

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Reminds me of Firesign Theatre: 'I Think We're All Bozos on This Bus'.

Which reminds me of, the Bulbulous Bouffant…, 

9 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

His agent told ESPN that there is "frustration and confusion" over the pick.

$282 million and counting...

Wonder if he still drives an old beater minivan and lives in his mother-in-law's basement during the off season?
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/29/nfl-star-kirk-cousins-spends-summers-in-his-parents-basement.html

16 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

All my Falcons friends are upset right now.

Its a $65 million dollar dead cap hit in 2025.  Surely you would want your 1st round, top 10 QB to start by his second year.

I believe that $65M dead cap hit in 2025 includes his $27.5M fully-guaranteed salary.  Sooo in theory, they could trade him next year, and "only" have $37.5M dead hit....a mere pittance more than the $31.1M dead cap the Bills swallowed on Diggs.

It was definitely the head scratcher moment of the draft, but even though Penix is old with a very checkered injury history he could become the best player in the draft, and so from that perspective I sort of get it. Falcons better be right to justify doing this. 

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I was never a big Flutie fan but did think he got screwed after signing with Bills, they then traded a1st round pick for Rob Johnson.  Regardless of how Johnson worked out, doubt Flutie ever would have signed here if he knew that was teams intentions.

He would have stayed in the CFL? 

18 hours ago, NoSaint said:

It’s an all time bad pairing of moves to so aggressively chase cousins that you’ll receive tampering penalties and then overdraft a guy at 8

HAHA! The Atlanta Browns....Good Luck!   signed...Desmond Ridder