The Bills are on the clock: Pick 33

Process

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I had suspected that with Diggs around, he was dictating where the ball had to go. The other team would triple Diggs on 3rd down and Allen would jam the ball in there anyway and he would drop it or get defended because EVERYONE knew it was going there and the Bills punt and I'm cursing at the screen about "well don't throw it THERE." It was different from when Allen wasn't yes established and/or he was making the grabs, but it just got too predictable. Being less rote as to where the defense needs to key in critical situations - I wouldn't be at all surprised if overall efficiency of the Bills offense improves for the absence of Diggs in that instance.

I get this logic and I dont. Its the OC's job to get guys open and QB job to make the right read. If Allen is throwing in triple coverage he is making the wrong read because someone else is open. If Diggs is always double and triple covered then the OC is failing. You dont have a Diggs there is no reason to triple anyone and its easier to defend everyone on the field.

By the logic of you dont want a guy that demands the ball no team should want any dominant receiver and obviously that is not the case. WR's are getting paid because that is what you need in the NFL to win. Before someone says well KC - they are clearly trying to add WR's and doing it with early picks and free agent $. 

A better take is Diggs was not the player he used to be and the Bills need to upgrade. Not they dont need him and are better with a bunch of average guys and no star WR. 

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not sure if there’s any reliability here, but..

Inject that process directly into my veins. 

I would be ecstatic if this happens. We can throw in a R5 pick too even. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bruffalo said:

Inject that process directly into my veins. 

I would be ecstatic if this happens. We can throw in a R5 pick too even. 

I can't see this happening at all. It's a terrible trade for Washington!

• Agree 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

It's unlikely, but it is Washington we're talking about here.

15 minutes ago, Monty98 said:

Polk was someone I thought shined in big games. He was a big play waiting to happen, he was a good route runner, good speed. 9 TDs this year. I'd prefer Mitchell or Rice size wise but Polk is a guy that watching him play made him stick out on film

I agree. I watched some Washington games to look at Odunze, but it was Polk who stood out to me. I think he'll be a very good NFL player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If these WRs are not WR1s - I am leaning in to the strength of the offense and drafting Zach Frazier at 33.   

That’s the play.  We can address WR mid 2nd round. 

WR1 isn’t getting solved this weekend barring a trade.   

But I can put the BEST OLINE in the league and Allen’s Center for the next decade together in about 3 hours.  

Only needing WRs for the offense bc every other key position is set for years.  

That’s the play.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bill Polian has been slamming the point system for trade value all week or more. the picks / points only matters as much as you value the player is his point. a 87 point difference this year on the draft to have a player this season you value more than a later pick is aburd. he said it's about the player not the points.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Guessing this would also include a 2025 pick, everyone has the same damn chart lol

But to be clear, I'd love it even so

Edited by MiracleAtRich1393

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Value wise, yes...

But if their guy is at 33, you never know. They have a lot of picks tonight (5)...going down to 4 AND getting a guy they covet might be worth it.

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

seems to good to be true BUT there always is a ton of interest in pick 33:

1. teams have 20 hours to think.talk about it, and

2. This year there are 3 players sticking out like a sore thumb:  DeJean, Johnson and Newton

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The profile of Dayle Forness says adult entertainment enthusiast and he is a Bills fan.  I would throw this out the window.

• Like (+1) 1

Why do so many people say McConkey has a high floor? He has injury concerns, production concerns and size concerns. I dont see that as high floor. I could see him barely seeing the field in the NFL. Maybe I am wrong on him, just never been impressed. Seems like a solid dude that works hard but not a guy that will translate to the nfl unless in the right system. 

3 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

seems to good to be true BUT there always is a ton of interest in pick 33:

1. teams have 20 hours to think.talk about it, and

2. This year there are 3 players sticking out like a sore thumb:  DeJean, Johnson and Newton

And Washington is at 36, so they'd miss out by 1.

40 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Troy Franklin was a top 3 wr recruit coming out of high school, rated higher than every single wr in this draft. Joe Brady was a big fan and tried hard to get him to LSU. 

Franklin's college career reaffirmed that he was one of the very best. If he had been healthy at the combine he would be off the board already imo. I consider him a top 4 wr in this draft and would rather have him than Thomas, Worthy, Mitchell, Legette, etc. 

I hope he's the target

Justin Shorter was a top WR recruit coming from H.S. and he was picked late in the 5th round.  I don’t like Franklin’s route running, contested catches ability or ability to play strong on the boundary.  FWIW, Greg Cosell didn’t exactly articulate a ringing endorsement today on Buffalobills.com

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

Justin Shorter was a top WR recruit coming from H.S. and he was picked late in the 5th round.  I don’t like Franklin’s route running, contested catches ability or ability to play strong on the boundary.  FWIW, Greg Cosell didn’t exactly articulate a ringing endorsement today on Buffalobills.com

I'm not sure Greg Cosell likes any players.

• Haha (+1) 2

Supposedly, it's the worst kept secret of the draft this year that Washington wants to move up and get an offensive tackle to protect their new QB investment.

While I don't necessarily trust the veracity of the person who posted the rumor or the specifics of the trade itself, it won't surprise me in the least if we DO trade with Washington.

It's about as far back as I can see Beane being willing to move, too.

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Mikey152 said:

Value wise, yes...

But if their guy is at 33, you never know. They have a lot of picks tonight (5)...going down to 4 AND getting a guy they covet might be worth it.

Trying to guess who their guy would be.  For as lauded as this receiver class is, I’m not terribly excited about the guys left.

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Why do so many people say McConkey has a high floor? He has injury concerns, production concerns and size concerns. I dont see that as high floor. I could see him barely seeing the field in the NFL. Maybe I am wrong on him, just never been impressed. Seems like a solid dude that works hard but not a guy that will translate to the nfl unless in the right system. 

I see a lot of Copper Kupp in McConkey.  They play very similar games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1