Rd 2, Pick 33: WR Keon Coleman, Florida State

SDS

1 hour ago, Bockeye said:

I’ll take $200 Alex for Famous words also spoken about Josh Rosen 

Exactly! Josh should have a say in who’s gonna touch his balls. 

Ladd McConkey is going to be a very good pro in my estimation.

Folks can speculate whatever they like, and attach requisite names, positive or Josh Rosenish.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, gobills404 said:

The only Beane picks I’ve disliked as much as this one are Josh Allen and Terrel Bernard. So it looks like the Bills found themselves a future stud in Keon Coleman.

Congrats for having the courage and self-esteem to admit this!   And I hope the trend continues!!!

As memory serves, more than half the Bills mafia disliked the Allen pick at first.  Then as people read more about him, and watched more video - and as homerism did its furtive work - he started growing on people.  

Sadly, we fans aren't talented talent evaluators.  

My own takes have been wrong so often, as have the takes of the media draft gurus I once trusted, that my opinion on Coleman is: Wait and See.  Same as my opinion on every other draft pick.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, EchoBills said:

No need to be sorry. Fans can be disappointed that the guy they liked didn't get picked, but the definitive,  over the top claim that this or that guy will be a bust is crazy. I really thought that after the Allen pick, people would have been humbled a little and refrained from posting absolutes before the player even put the uniform on. 

This board was an absolute $#!+show at times, this draft.

Posters who, purportedly, watch this team are surprised by the direction the draft went in🤔

• Like (+1) 2

Obviously, I wish Coleman had 4.3 speed.  But I think what's interesting that if you look at our receiving options: Samuel, Shakir, Coleman, Knox, Kincaid, Hollins... they're all different.  They all bring something unique to the table. 

I still wish longevity scientists could do some kind of plasma therapy or genetic/epigenetic engineering with Andre Reed or Eric Moulds to make them young again so they can play with Josh.  But if Brady is as talented as some seem to think he is, he should be able to put together a capable WR-by-Committee passing attack with the guys we have. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, VW82 said:

For those still freaking out, just talk yourself into Cook playing more snaps out wide now that we have Davis in the backfield. Cook, Shakir, Samuel, Kincaid. Coleman can play the Gabe role and block a lot while he learns how to run routes. It's still an upgrade.

Cook is worse the Davis catching balls. He dropped three layup TDs last year. Unless he makes some huge leap in catching, I want no part of him out wide this year.

3 hours ago, EchoBills said:

No need to be sorry. Fans can be disappointed that the guy they liked didn't get picked, but the definitive,  over the top claim that this or that guy will be a bust is crazy. I really thought that after the Allen pick, people would have been humbled a little and refrained from posting absolutes before the player even put the uniform on. 

Human nature is a constant, alas.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Cook is worse the Davis catching balls. He dropped three layup TDs last year. Unless he makes some huge leap in catching, I want no part of him out wide this year.

He was excellent at Georgia. I was surprised at how often he dropped the ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He was excellent at Georgia. I was surprised at how often he dropped the ball.

Big, glaring, important drops.

I would LOVE for him to turn that around. We would have a Thurman level weapon if he does but I’m not holding my breath.

• Like (+1) 1

Well, we know that the Bills had Top 30 meetings with

Brian Thomas

Troy Franklin

Xavier Worthy

and a private workout with Xavier Legette

So they obviously gave serious consideration to those guys, and for whatever reason decided that they were OK with trading away the pick for Worthy and Legette.  Beane indicated they never tried that hard to trade up for Thomas.  So they seem to have come to a group conclusion that Coleman was their guy.  You can't just say they saw "ooh big guy let's pick him" - they weighed everybody's pros and cons and said Coleman is the guy we want.

Now we have to just hope they were right.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Him being this entertaining has to make him at least a little bit faster by virtue of it just being tragic if he didn't work out.

But seriously he nailed that press conference, like it was practically Josh Allenish for saying all the right things.

🤣 Not so fast we've already got the footage he only took half a cookie.

Not only that - he offered to share it with the lady reporter "we can go half".  Smooooooooth...... :D

I would say he's got the "handle the press corps" down pat.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This pick and the reaction now officially reminds me of the Josh Allen pick

The night of the pick beane mentions how Josh Allen is "buffalo" and how everyone is gonna love him

The next day Josh Allen has a press conference and instantly see what beane was saying and I understood the pick more

Last night beane mentions how the media will love cover him and that everyone will like keon Coleman 

Now watching parts of this press conference, I see what beane was saying and I'm in board with the pick 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Goofy ass sense of humor, plays golf, has a throw it up and I'll come down with it mentality/style of play, yeah this is 100% Josh's guy.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4