Predict the draft day trade

Thought it would be fun to try to predict some draft day trades to see which (if any) come to fruition (or close) after the fact

My three favorite:

Bills send #28, #60, and MN 2025 2nd rounder to Seattle for #16 and #81. Bills draft Brian Thomas Jr. with #16 and maintain a 2024 day 2 pick.

Bills send #28, #60, #144 and MN 2025 to Carolina for  #33, #39, and #101. Bills draft two second tier WR's at #33 & #39, get the first pick on day 3. Could easily use one of the five 4th/5th rounders to trade back into day 2 from #101.

Bills send #28, #60, and MN 2025 to Washington for #36, #40, and #100. Bills draft two second tier WR's at #36 & #40, get the last pick of day 2 and maintain all picks on day 3. 

7 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

Thought it would be fun to try to predict some draft day trades to see which (if any) come to fruition (or close) after the fact

My three favorite:

Bills send #28, #60, and MN 2025 2nd rounder to Seattle for #16 and #81. Bills draft Brian Thomas Jr. with #16 and maintain a 2024 day 2 pick.

Bills send #28, #60, #144 and MN 2025 to Carolina for  #33, #39, and #101. Bills draft two second tier WR's at #33 & #39, get the first pick on day 3. Could easily use one of the five 4th/5th rounders to trade back into day 2 from #101.

Bills send #28, #60, and MN 2025 to Washington for #36, #40, and #100. Bills draft two second tier WR's at #36 & #40, get the last pick of day 2 and maintain all picks on day 3. 

The Bills use a second next year and a couple late pick this year. Move up to 25 and take Chop Robinson. The board crashes. Riots in the streets. Cover 1 does a video that says it's a good move and they love the pick. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

My three favorite:

i do not like options 2 and 3 at all. why give up the MN #2 next year AND move back just to pick up another 2 this year. I didn't look up the value chart data but i don't see how the numbers work in our favour.

8 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Bills stay put at 28, pick a good DE BPA. Bills fans whine and cry. TRUE Bills fans are happy AF!

Everyone and their mother has been saying for several seasons now that Josh Allen needs more weapons and the Bills need to re-allocate some of their defensive spending to the offense.

So by all means, let's let Gabe Davis walk, trade away Stefon Diggs, and draft a raw project DE at 28 that'll take three years to hit his stride. 

Perfect. Curtis Samuel WR1 SZN! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills trade back after their WR/DE candidates are wiped out.

They move back with Washington.  They trade 28 for 40 and 78.

they end up with 40, 60 and 78 on friday night

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

23 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Bills stay put at 28, pick a good DE BPA. Bills fans whine and cry. TRUE Bills fans are happy AF!

When will they hold struggle / re-education sessions with Commissar Beane to "enlighten" the whining and crying Bills fans?  

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Everyone and their mother has been saying for several seasons now that Josh Allen needs more weapons and the Bills need to re-allocate some of their defensive spending to the offense.

So by all means, let's let Gabe Davis walk, trade away Stefon Diggs, and draft a raw project DE at 28 that'll take three years to hit his stride. 

Don’t bother. I engaged on this with that person in another thread. It’s either a troll or a 7 year old. Either way, logic (no pun intended) isn’t going to resonate. 

37 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

i do not like options 2 and 3 at all. why give up the MN #2 next year AND move back just to pick up another 2 this year. I didn't look up the value chart data but i don't see how the numbers work in our favour.

I used this draft chart, it's exactly even if you consider MN 2025 the equivalent of mid-third rounder this year (general rule is a 1-round discount for year-ahead picks).

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp?RequestTeam=buf

Also you move up at least a round back into the end of day 3 in both scenarios as well

1 hour ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

My three favorite:

28, 128, 2025 2nd to SEA for 16  is what I would prefer.  

Once again, I think we should be looking at a deal with SEA that lands both 16 and DK Metcalf.  Under the assumption they plan to rebuild and want as many picks as possible.  Of course, that's not likely within the realm of reality 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The Bills use a second next year and a couple late pick this year. Move up to 25 and take Chop Robinson. The board crashes. Riots in the streets. Cover 1 does a video that says it's a good move and they love the pick. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I love it!

Cover1 reports that there’s no way Stefon Diggs gets traded because he’s too valuable as a #1 WR, then that the Bills are in the market for a #1 WR, then that the Bills clearly don’t need a #1 WR, all within about 2 months.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

True - but you got it wrong. Kincaid is #1, Shakir and Samuel distributed #2, Know #3 and new raw project WR #3.1

But at least our D will be able stay healthy by having GREAT depth for once.

Giants trade with Arizona and move from #6 to #4 ... With the 4th pick the Giants take QB JJ McCarthy ... With the 6th pick the Cards take WR Rome Odunze.

Beane will use a 4th and 5th to move up to 25 and take DE Chop Robinson. The reasoning being it's not a strong DE draft and they can get a WR in the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Giants trade with Arizona and move from #6 to #4 ... With the 4th pick the Giants take QB JJ McCarthy ... With the 6th pick the Cards take WR Rome Odunze.

Beane will use a 4th and 5th to move up to 25 and take DE Chop Robinson. The reasoning being it's not a strong DE draft and they can get a WR in the 2nd.

I hate that you may be right. 

Here’s to hoping Beane has a shocker in store for us and goes up to get one of the WR prospects.  Remember the year we got Diggs, CeeDee fell to 17, which would have been well within striking distance AND Jefferson fell to the Bills.  Making the Bills the team that has traded away both Mahomes and Jefferson, favoring “proven” talent. 

• Like (+1) 1

i predict Beane will do whatever it takes to get to 6 then turn around and trade back twice. ( 6 TO 11/12) then maybe ( 18 to 20) creating chaos while getting us Latu or BT as well as an extra 2 and 3 for this year and next. He's gonna pull out the magic beanes.

3 hours ago, MiracleAtRich1393 said:

I used this draft chart, it's exactly even if you consider MN 2025 the equivalent of mid-third rounder this year (general rule is a 1-round discount for year-ahead picks).

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp?RequestTeam=buf

Also you move up at least a round back into the end of day 3 in both scenarios as well

I appreciate the work you put in on this. Still don't like options 2 and 3. Too much to give up in mho but that's why we are on this board- to discuss these things.

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My blockbuster trade prediction is:

Bills receive:

Justin Jefferson

2025 4th

Vikings receive:

2024 1st

2025 2nd

Can we fit his $19mil under the cap? This seems insanely cheap for him and obviously something I'd do in a heartbeat if so

58 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Bills receive:

Justin Jefferson

2025 4th

Vikings receive:

2024 1st

2025 2nd

Why would minnesota trade the face of their franchise though?  

They have zero reason to trade jefferson.  Seemingly they are going to go up to get a qb to maximize jefferson.

59 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Bills receive:

Justin Jefferson

2025 4th

Vikings receive:

2024 1st

2025 2nd

Not even possible with our cap situation, even after June 1st- let alone prior to draft.

We need to fit him under the cap, before we offer any extension.

I think we stay put at 28, then trade #60 to Was for 78 and 100.

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Why would minnesota trade the face of their franchise though?  

They have zero reason to trade jefferson.  Seemingly they are going to go up to get a qb to maximize jefferson.

They have every reason to trade him. 

He's already turned down a $30 mill a year offer from Minnesota.  Why tie up a large chunk of your cap space for a disgruntled WR, only for him to rot on your roster that has no viable QB?

They have Hockenson and Addison.  Good pieces to build around.  Why not use picks to retool?  

I’m starting to think giving up too much for one of the top 3 will damages the rebuild.  I think moving up for Thomas isn’t necessary as 2 WRs from the next batch are just fine.  Fine w picking a WR at 28 as well.  If we do move up it should be Harrison 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Bills receive:

Justin Jefferson

2025 4th

Vikings receive:

2024 1st

2025 2nd

Wow. Have you heard something?

I’d think Vikes would ask for 28, 2025 1st and their own 2nd back which has been traded twice

29 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

They have every reason to trade him. 

He's already turned down a $30 mill a year offer from Minnesota.  Why tie up a large chunk of your cap space for a disgruntled WR, only for him to rot on your roster that has no viable QB?

They have Hockenson and Addison.  Good pieces to build around.  Why not use picks to retool?  

every reason?  They would be waiving the white flag in that division.   Personally if I were a gm I would try and stay out of the top 5 wr pool of money because its too much devoted to a position that does not translate to championships.

however, Minnesota needs to sell tickets and some form of hope.  If they move up and draft Mccarthy they basically have done most of a rebuild.  

If he wants out then he has to be traded though.  

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

every reason?  They would be waiving the white flag in that division.   Personally if I were a gm I would try and stay out of the top 5 wr pool of money because its too much devoted to a position that does not translate to championships.

however, Minnesota needs to sell tickets and some form of hope.  If they move up and draft Mccarthy they basically have done most of a rebuild.  

If he wants out then he has to be traded though.  

If I were Minnesota, I would have kept Kirk. 

I'm not sure their current picks are enticing enough to trade up to where they need to be to get a QB, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Bills receive:

Justin Jefferson

2025 4th

Vikings receive:

2024 1st

2025 2nd

Uhh you usually know things… 

This would make sense for them when the recoup what they gave up to acquire Justin Herbert (per CTESPN). Draft a cheaper WR to pair with Addison. 

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I hate that you may be right. 

Here’s to hoping Beane has a shocker in store for us and goes up to get one of the WR prospects.  Remember the year we got Diggs, CeeDee fell to 17, which would have been well within striking distance AND Jefferson fell to the Bills.  Making the Bills the team that has traded away both Mahomes and Jefferson, favoring “proven” talent. 

the players….especially Mahomes almost certainly would have developed differently and not for the better if they came here

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Uhh you usually know things… 

This would make sense for them when the recoup what they gave up to acquire Justin Herbert (per CTESPN). Draft a cheaper WR to pair with Addison. 

Apparently the cap hit for the Chargers to trade Herbert is insane. That rumor is a no go so far as I can tell.