Will we be in Super Bowl contention this year?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Stats 🤷‍♂️

Zero argument that Josh needs/deserves more weapons…. But:

Mahomes 17/23 for 215 (74%) for and 2TDs

VS

Josh 26/39 for 186 and one TD.

Pacheco rattled off 97yds and a TD for a 6.4 avg.

Josh got 72 yds and 2TDs.

This was Belicheat ball 101. Control the clock KNOWING you’re the better team. Hit your shots when you get them and let the other team beat itself…… again. And we did, while hanging it all on Josh ( and some on here blaming him for the loss)

Of course we aren’t getting to the Super Bowl this year. Give Josh any one boundary receiver of your choice and we still aren’t making the Super Bowl. 
    This coaching staff did what, over the last four years, to make anyone think otherwise? They get your hopes up, play good teams well, lose absolute dreck games to teams they have zero excuses to lose to and crap out in the playoffs.

Remember how we came out of the gates last year? As the Redneck joke punchline goes, “ Hey y’all, watch this!” This year.

I don't recall anyone ever blaming the loss on JA, i might be wrong.....

14 minutes ago, skibum said:

Not likely. Josh always gives us a puncher's chance, but make no mistake - This is a rebuilding year. 

I think it's a retooling year.   To me, rebuilding means creating something new - you built it, and now you're going to build it again.   Bills aren't doing that.  They're doing what the Patriots did all those years - some guys leave, some new guys come in, the team keeps going.  

If the retooling doesn't work, then they should consider rebuilding.  

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, SaulGoodman said:

That’s my point. A lot of those players (and other talented pieces) are now gone permanently. Yet some are claiming that McD will have them playing championship caliber defense regardless of the personnel on the field. 

Did you watch the Bills last season -- I mean really watch them by paying attention to what was going in the game not just kibbutzing with pals, especially in the last half of the season when they made their big run?   They were playing championship caliber defense with an injury depleted unit.  Matt Milano and Tre White were out for the season in the fifth game of the season, and they looked doomed but they regained their momentum and played tough the rest of the way.  At the very end of the season and in the playoff win against Pittsburgh, they had more injuries to the DBs and the LBs.   They only started 4 LBs -- including AJ Klein who came out of retirement to play --  against the Chiefs and were missing at least one DB and had another playing limited snaps IIRC, too.  It wasn't the defense that let them down against KC, it was the offense that missed a couple of plays that would have won the game.

Poyer and Hyde were shadows of their previous selves last season.  Injuries did in Hyde, and both had slowed down.  White was showing signs of coming back but then he suffered another devastating injury and missed the last 12 games.  Miller did next to nothing last season when he did come back, so if he gets back to even a shadow of himself in 2024, it will be a plus.  Milano broke his leg rather than suffering a ligament injury so it's likely that he can come back strong this season.  The Bills will miss Leonard Floyd on the DL but they're bringing back Ed Oliver who blossomed last season and AJ Epenesa who showed real progress.  Tyrel Dodson at LB is gone but Terrel Bernard was outstanding as a 2nd year pro and should be better this year, especially paired with Milano.   The 3 starting CBs from last season, Douglas, Benford, and Johnson are all coming back.   Edwards and Rapp are the new safeties, which is somewhat worrisome but remember that Poyer and Hyde were largely unknowns when they were signed in 2017.  

The Bills defense is a work in progress but there's still the draft and post-June 1 FA signings (when they get some extra cap space).  They definitely need a pass rusher and probably another safety, and their depth on defense is shaky.   McDermott runs a defense that seems to enable the Bills to plug-in players fairly easily as needed.  IMO, the Bills D will likely be about as good as last season.  If they can avoid devastating injuries to their best players, they have a chance to be better than last season.

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

Do you watch the Bills games?!? We were the 6th highest scoring offense in the league last year. The offense is not the issue. Fairweather TV fans may think so but that is not the case. That was with an inept OC for half of the season.

That being said, the Chiefs were the 15th ranked scoring offense. But their D was stout and played excellent when it mattered. Now we had injuries... but adding good depth to our D this season, which was decimated during the off season, is priority. Watch Thursday... you may learn something.

😂😂

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

I don't recall anyone ever blaming the loss on JA, i might be wrong.....

Some People were all over him for going for the TD and not the first down. Read the comment two above this….” It was the offense that missed a couple plays” 🤷‍♂️

There were threads attacking him and defending him as I recall. SMH at anyone putting it on him. He was the ONLY reason we were in that game….. as usual.

Edited by Buffalo Boy

16 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Did you watch the Bills last season -- I mean really watch them by paying attention to what was going in the game not just kibbutzing with pals, especially in the last half of the season when they made their big run?   They were playing championship caliber defense with an injury depleted unit.  Matt Milano and Tre White were out for the season in the fifth game of the season, and they looked doomed but they regained their momentum and played tough the rest of the way.  At the very end of the season and in the playoff win against Pittsburgh, they had more injuries to the DBs and the LBs.   They only started 4 LBs -- including AJ Klein who came out of retirement to play --  against the Chiefs and were missing at least one DB and had another playing limited snaps IIRC, too.  It wasn't the defense that let them down against KC, it was the offense that missed a couple of plays that would have won the game.

Poyer and Hyde were shadows of their previous selves last season.  Injuries did in Hyde, and both had slowed down.  White was showing signs of coming back but then he suffered another devastating injury and missed the last 12 games.  Miller did next to nothing last season when he did come back, so if he gets back to even a shadow of himself in 2024, it will be a plus.  Milano broke his leg rather than suffering a ligament injury so it's likely that he can come back strong this season.  The Bills will miss Leonard Floyd on the DL but they're bringing back Ed Oliver who blossomed last season and AJ Epenesa who showed real progress.  Tyrel Dodson at LB is gone but Terrel Bernard was outstanding as a 2nd year pro and should be better this year, especially paired with Milano.   The 3 starting CBs from last season, Douglas, Benford, and Johnson are all coming back.   Edwards and Rapp are the new safeties, which is somewhat worrisome but remember that Poyer and Hyde were largely unknowns when they were signed in 2017.  

The Bills defense is a work in progress but there's still the draft and post-June 1 FA signings (when they get some extra cap space).  They definitely need a pass rusher and probably another safety, and their depth on defense is shaky.   McDermott runs a defense that seems to enable the Bills to plug-in players fairly easily as needed.  IMO, the Bills D will likely be about as good as last season.  If they can avoid devastating injuries to their best players, they have a chance to be better than last season.

This is excellent.  Thanks.   I think it helps to focus as you've done here.   

I think what it says is that when McDermott has the kind of athletes he wants (and I'm not talking about stars, I'm talking about smart, aggressive, athletic guys with heart), his defense will be stingy.  When he has some stars, it can be tremendous.   

I think replacing the 2023 versions of Poyer and Hyde won't be too hard, although I think they need to find a starting safety somewhere.  Rapp and Edwards might get the job done, but I think they need an upgrade. 

One thing that went under the radar last week in Beane's presser was his off-hand comment about Miller.  He said something about the three defenders recovering from injuries (meaning Bernard, Milano, and Miller), and then quickly corrected himself and said, "two, Miller is fine."   I didn't think much of it at the time, but I think that Miller is flying under everyone's radar.  Miller is coming back 100%.   I know, some people thought he was 100% by the end of last season and that he showed that he just doesn't have it any more, but there's a good chance that opinion is wrong.  It's often said that players don't really get back from ACLs until their second season back.  If the real Von Miller is back, he alone changes the character of the defense. 

And, as you say, there will be some names on the roster in September that aren't there today, and among those names will be at least a couple of guys contributing in ways we wouldn't have expected.   At this time last year, for example, Rasul Douglas wasn't a consideration.  

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, mannc said:

Sure, a team with Josh Allen in his prime, a coach going into his eighth year with the team, and a veteran roster is "rebuilding"...yeah, OK 

You've never seen a team with an elite quarterback lose a lot of players in an offseason and then perform poorly the following year or two while their replacements get acclimated?

best case scenario we're looking at a Pats 2009 type scenario where we bounce back after a year off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

You've never seen a team with an elite quarterback lose a lot of players in an offseason and then perform poorly the following year or two while their replacements get acclimated?

best case scenario we're looking at a Pats 2009 type scenario where we bounce back after a year off.

which is why months ago, I was advocating for cutting von miller, too and eating that whole ***** sandwich this year

alllllll the dead cap all at once, anyone who's trying to convince themselves that this year is our year is fooling themselves.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yes.

The AFC is brutal but the Bills will be among the AFC's top team.  

Being an underdog this year is going to be great.  

I hope they get some help on defense this weekend, find a wr that fits, add one more vet wr, find a solid every down running back and a new kicker.

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

which is why months ago, I was advocating for cutting von miller, too and eating that whole ***** sandwich this year

alllllll the dead cap all at once, anyone who's trying to convince themselves that this year is our year is fooling themselves.

Agreed. Maybe they still will later on. If I were GM, I'd try to see if I could eat all the bad deals this year including Knox's contract and if Milano can come back to form, I'd look at trading him in season for draft capital to next year - even though he's my favorite player. I'd look to see how we could get younger and cheaper so that by 2026 we have a team that's really humming and has a shot at being the best in the league.

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The Pats missed the playoffs in 2008 because Brady tore up his knee in the season opener.   They went 11-5 but Miami beat them out with Chad Pennington taking them to a 11-5 record, too.   If the Bills lost Allen in the first game of the season, they probably will miss the playoffs, too.  

Just now, SoTier said:

The Pats missed the playoffs in 2008 because Brady tore up his knee in the season opener.   They went 11-5 but Miami beat them out with Chad Pennington taking them to a 11-5 record, too.   If the Bills lost Allen in the first game of the season, they probably will miss the playoffs, too.  

I'm talking 2009 when they bid farewell to most of their core that was part of the initial dynasty. Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison all departed in addition to losing Pioli and McDaniels. Despite still having a lot of talent on the team including Brady, Welker and Moss and despite still winning the division, they were a flawed team that wasn't a real super bowl contender.

Now, we don't even have the benefit of having a Welker, Moss, Brady or Belichick and we were never champions to begin with, but it's still a comp for how elite teams need to take a step back sometimes even with an elite QB and other elite talent. There were plenty of years with the Ben-led Steelers or Rodgers led packers that they were pretenders due to roster gaps, even though they would put up a  good showing in the regular season.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

It takes a long time for players to come back from ACLs, almost always more than a year physically and frequently longer psychologically.   If the Bills didn't feel that Miller could play significantly better than he had last season, they probably would have cut him.  OTOH, if Miller didn't feel that he could play significantly better, he wouldn't have taken a $10 million pay cut to prove it.  He would have either retired or gotten paid by some other team.

Furthermore, if the Bills had cut Miller, they would have created more holes on the team because they would have had to cut more veterans and been unable to replace them with decent players.  Of course, they probably would have had to keep Diggs, which may or may not been a good thing. 

18 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Agreed. Maybe they still will later on. If I were GM, I'd try to see if I could eat all the bad deals this year including Knox's contract and if Milano can come back to form, I'd look at trading him in season for draft capital to next year - even though he's my favorite player. I'd look to see how we could get younger and cheaper so that by 2026 we have a team that's really humming and has a shot at being the best in the league.

We lost one key player, a guy who is 31 and whose production fell off a cliff the last 10 games of the season.  Every NFL team loses multiple starters every year, to trades, free agency or retirement.  FFS, you don’t even know who they’re going to add in the draft, and free agency isn’t over!

A team with prime Josh Allen is never in rebuilding mode…never.  I fully expect the Bills to be better in 2024 than they were last year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, mannc said:

We lost one key player, a guy who is 31 and whose production fell off a cliff the last 10 games of the season.  Every NFL team loses multiple starters every year, to trades, free agency or retirement.  FFS, you don’t even know who they’re going to add in the draft, and free agency isn’t over!

A team with prime Josh Allen is never in rebuilding mode…never.  I fully expect the Bills to be better in 2024 than they were last year.

That's a gross minimization of the scenario at hand. We lost our starting center, replacing him with a player who has minimal experience at the position and creating a gap at left guard that we're assuming will be handled adequately. We lost our top 2 receivers (82% snap count), our starting safeties, our #3 outside cornerback (43% snap count), our #3 and #4 DT (36% snap count), our #2 RB (30% snap count).

Our current two safeties are not NFL level starting players. Edwards is a borderline roster talent. We have a massive dropoff at CB #3.

I don't really care who they are adding in the draft for the purposes of my argument. They are going to be rookies, and late pick rookies at that. They will take time to acclimate.

Your last comment about never being in a rebuild just because we have Allen is maybe the most lolable part of this. If the Brady led Pats had to rebuild on several occassions while he was stacking Lombardis. Allen and his zero super bowl appearances is hardly immune.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mannc said:

A team with prime Josh Allen is never in rebuilding mode…never.

The sad thing about this statement is how many on this thread have basically said the same thing.

Have any of you “Josh is the second coming “ types actually watched this team the last few years. We can’t win games solely based on Josh being Josh. We actually lose games. 
    Josh NEEDS a team that has other stars on it if we are going to win it all….. difference makers. We have Cooke and Kincaid. They are both very good, possibly great if things break right, but they are not enough.

Who are the difference makers on D? Douglas is my only one. 
    Josh has single handedly made a bunch of OCs and a certain HC look better than they are. 
    Snap out of it folks. We need difference makers, on the field and in the coaching ranks. We don’t have them. Josh alone does not Make everything ok. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The sad thing about this statement is how many on this thread have basically said the same thing.

Have any of you “Josh is the second coming “ types actually watched this team the last few years. We can’t win games solely based on Josh being Josh. We actually lose games. 
    Josh NEEDS a team that has other stars on it if we are going to win it all….. difference makers. We have Cooke and Kincaid. They are both very good, possibly great if things break right, but they are not enough.

Josh has single handedly made a bunch of OCs and a certain HC look better than they are. 
    Snap out of it folks. We need difference makers, on the field and in the coaching ranks. We don’t have them. Josh alone does not Make everything ok. 

I don’t think you read anything I wrote.  Where did I say the Bills don’t need difference makers?   I said they are not rebuilding and will contend for a championship, just like they have the last four years.  

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Josh Allen could be traded this week and the narrative on TBD would be he is a turnover machine, we are a better team without him 🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

That's a gross minimization of the scenario at hand. We lost our starting center, replacing him with a player who has minimal experience at the position and creating a gap at left guard that we're assuming will be handled adequately. We lost our top 2 receivers (82% snap count), our starting safeties, our #3 outside cornerback (43% snap count), our #3 and #4 DT (36% snap count), our #2 RB (30% snap count).

Our current two safeties are not NFL level starting players. Edwards is a borderline roster talent. We have a massive dropoff at CB #3.

I don't really care who they are adding in the draft for the purposes of my argument. They are going to be rookies, and late pick rookies at that. They will take time to acclimate.

Your last comment about never being in a rebuild just because we have Allen is maybe the most lolable part of this. If the Brady led Pats had to rebuild on several occassions while he was stacking Lombardis. Allen and his zero super bowl appearances is hardly immune.

So you really think we'll miss Gabe Davis, Dane Jackson and Tim Settle???? You must be the only one on this board who thinks so.  Dooooomed!  Mitch Morse was a good center but he was getting old, and with most teams not using a nose tackle, center is probably the most de-valued position there is, maybe even more than running back.  There no reason Connor McGovern can't be a perfectly fine replacement. 

I'm not sure who the #2 RB is that you're referring to...oh wait, Latavius Murray?????  How will we ever survive without him???? 😃

Please tell me you're not "concerned" about safety...Hyde and Poyer's play fell off considerably last year and there are still a number of NFL starting safeties from last year available as free agents.  And of course at least two of our 10 draft picks are sure to be safeties...

These types of departures are typical of every NFL team every year...The Chiefs this year had a grand total of three starters left from the 2020 Super Bowl championship team.  Your level of "sky is falling" hysteria about losing a bunch of JAGs is absolutely hilarious. 

And to answer your last absurd comment, the Patriots never had a "re-build" in the Brady era.  They won the AFCE 18 out of 20 years and made the playoffs every year except when Brady tore his ACL. They were Super Bowl contenders every year, while turning over their roster at almost the same rate as the Chiefs...     

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/20/2024 at 7:42 AM, bills6969 said:

I have concerns on the defensive side of the ball.  Specifically, with replacing Poyer/Hyde. Replacing their production/leadership will not be easy. Need some leaders to step up on D.

As long as we have JA17, a Super Bowl should always be the goal.  There are alot of shoes to fill going into this season.  I do like that we aren’t really coming up in conversation for Super Bowl contenders.  I think we get a bit overlooked this year, which I think will be good for this team.

Yes

1 minute ago, mannc said:

So you really think we'll miss Gabe Davis, Dane Jackson and Tim Settle???? You must be the only one on this board who thinks so.  Dooooomed!  Mitch Morse was a good center but he was getting old, and with most teams not using a nose tackle, center is probably the most de-valued position there is, maybe even more than running back.  There no reason Connor McGovern can't be a perfectly fine replacement. 

I'm not sure who the #2 RB is that you're referring to...oh wait, Latavius Murray?????  How will we ever survive without him???? 😃

Please tell me you're not "concerned" about safety...Hyde and Poyer's play fell off considerably last year and there are still a number of NFL starting safeties from last year available as free agents.  And of course at least two of our 10 draft picks are sure to be safeties...

These types or departures are typical of every NFL team every year...The Chiefs this year had a grand total of three starters left from the 2020 Super Bowl championship team.  Your level of "sky is falling" hysteria about losing a bunch of JAGs is absolutely hilarious. 

And to answer your last absurd comment, the Patriots never had a "re-build" in the Brady era.  They won the AFCE 18 out of 20 years and made the playoffs every year except when Brady tore his ACL. The were Super Bowl contenders every year, while turning over their roster at almost the same rate as the Chiefs...     

Yes, no cap. You might be one of the only people that don't get this. Those are important roles being played on the team that you can't just fill with day 3 picks or veteran minim FA deals. This isn't Madden.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Yes, no cap. You might be one of the only people that don't get this. Those are important roles being played on the team that you can't just fill with day 3 picks or veteran minim FA deals. This isn't Madden.

Those kind of guys are replaced by NFL teams every year with no drop off in performance.  That’s why they are called JAGS…🤣

• Disagree 2

44 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t think you read anything I wrote.  Where did I say the Bills don’t need difference makers?   I said they are not rebuilding and will contend for a championship, just like they have the last four years.  

Uhh, the quote of yours that Josh single-handedly means we can be “never in rebuilding mode…never.”

It is incorrect. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Uhh, the quote of yours that Josh single-handedly means we can be “never in rebuilding mode…never.”

It is incorrect. 

It's absolutely correct.  The Bills are not in rebuilding mode now and they won't be until Josh Allen is gone or substantially diminished.  NE was never "rebuilding" with Brady, KC has never rebuilt with Mahomes, GB never "rebuilt" with Rodgers, etc...   

• Eyeroll 1

The Bills will always be super bowl contenders as long as Josh Allen is their QB and he is not injured (Touch wood!!!)

The team is still loaded on offense even with the loss of Diggs and Davis.  James Cook was the 3rd or 4th best RB last season in the NFL and will only get better as he continues to correct his mental errors.   Dalton Kincaid came on very strong in the 2nd half of the season and can continuously move the chains.  The same goes for Shakir.  He made clutch catches in the 2nd half of the season and was better than Diggs and Davis in the limited opportunities,   We still have Knox who can make those big catches on the sidelines when the game is on the line.    Adding a speedy boundary receiver on the perimeter will help take the sting out of the Diggs loss.  Not to forget the signing of Curtis Samuel. 

Hyde and Poyer were slow and on the downside of their career.  They could not make the difference in the Playoffs and we need to find out what the young guys can do.  If Milano can come back from his gruesome injury successfully, then he and Bernard should form a good LB core that can make the 3rd down defensive stops that we sorely lacked in the playoffs.  With Cornerbacks, again it is not that we have lost superstars.  They are all replacebale via the draft or the 2nd and 3rd wave of FA. 

The biggest weakness of this team is its coaching staff.  They have not been able to out-coach the GOOD teams in the playoffs.  That is due to the conservativeness of McDermott.  He has to change that to be successful in the playoffs.   The chiefs are winning because they have Andy Reid as their OC and a fiery Steve Spagnola as their DC.  Steve has had much lesser experienced talent than the Bills to work with and he has successfully molded that defense.    The Chiefs won this SB not because of Mahomes (who does Mahomes things) but due to that outstanding defensive effort. 

Go Bills !!!!

33 minutes ago, mannc said:

It's absolutely correct.  The Bills are not in rebuilding mode now and they won't be until Josh Allen is gone or substantially diminished.  NE was never "rebuilding" with Brady, KC has never rebuilt with Mahomes, GB never "rebuilt" with Rodgers, etc...   

You’re comparing the Bills situation with teams that have won it all. We’re not those teams. If the last few years should’ve taught us anything it’s that Allen alone isn’t enough. As long as we have him this team would automatically compete for a title is fallacy. He needs a complete team with playmakers throughout the roster to have a chance.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

You’re comparing the Bills situation with teams that have won it all. We’re not those teams. If the last few years should’ve taught us anything it’s that Allen alone isn’t enough. As long as we have him this team would automatically compete for a title is fallacy. He needs a complete team with playmakers throughout the roster to have a chance.

Do you think the Bills “didn’t have a chance” this past year?  For most of the season they had the second or third best odds to win the Super Bowl…

• Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

Do you think the Bills “didn’t have a chance” this past year?  For most of the season they had the second or third best odds to win the Super Bowl…

I did not after that up and down start to the season. Ultimately it played out like how I thought it would last season. 

Edit:

Betting odds are the worse indicator of performance. Why do you think most gamblers lose?

Edited by 90sBills

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Gabe Davis was a fourth round draft pick so he was taken on Day 3.  He probably outplayed his draft position somewhat, and he was probably a bargain at $4-5 million (which is JAG money for a WR) but he surely wasn't worth the $13+ million a year that he got from Jacksonville; he simply isn't fast enough or consistent enough.  The Bills already have a couple of guys on their roster capable of replacing a significant amount of Davis' production: Khalil Shakir and Curtis Samuel.  

The Bills do need to add two outside WRs (WR1 and WR2) before opening day.  Most likely, the WR1 will come from round 1 or 2 of the draft.  The Bills may take another WR on Day 3 or they may sign a veteran after June 1.  They might do both.

The Bills have the second best QB in the NFL playing behind a solid OL with a dynamic young starting RB who is a threat in both the running and passing games.  Shakir and Samuel are both competent WRs.   They have a pair of young TEs who give them the ability to use 2 TE sets to effectively run or pass the ball.    The sky is not falling on the Bills offense.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

I know you didn't ask me, but I sure didn't. I think I have posts around here saying they had no chance to win a Super Bowl somewhere around the Bengals or Broncos game and I got lambasted for it. Then everyone acted surprised when we lost to KC, but I expected it the whole season. I saw how we won and how we lost and I knew it wouldn't be good enough in January and February and it wasn't.

Also, it seems like you don't know how betting odds work. Being a "favorite" by a bookmaker has nothing to do with how likely you are to win. It has to do with compensating against the expected action so that the bookmaker doesn't end up on the losing side of an outcome. All it means is that Vegas is expecting action on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I know you didn't ask me, but I sure didn't. I think I have posts around here saying they had no chance to win a Super Bowl somewhere around the Bengals or Broncos game and I got lambasted for it. Then everyone acted surprised when we lost to KC, but I expected it the whole season. I saw how we won and how we lost and I knew it wouldn't be good enough in January and February and it wasn't.

Also, it seems like you don't know how betting odds work. Being a "favorite" by a bookmaker has nothing to do with how likely you are to win. It has to do with compensating against the expected action so that the bookmaker doesn't end up on the losing side of an outcome. All it means is that Vegas is expecting action on the Bills.

You realize you were wrong, and those who felt we were contenders were right?

Its pretty obvious if it weren't for injuries that we beat KC and are a win against playoff Lamar away from going to the Superbowl. Even with the injuries that game ended up being a toss up.  

You are clowning yourself. If you're gonna troll at least be good at it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Process said:

Its pretty obvious if it weren't for injuries that we beat KC and are a win against playoff Lamar away from going to the Superbowl. Even with the injuries that game ended up being a toss up.  

How in the world is a hypothetical obvious? It’s so easy in make believe land. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Obvious? My man, we were NOT EVEN CLOSE to being anywhere near a Super Bowl contender last year. Those top 4 teams were playing a different sport than the Bills.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Good for you

7 hours ago, SoTier said:

Gabe Davis was a fourth round draft pick so he was taken on Day 3.  He probably outplayed his draft position somewhat, and he was probably a bargain at $4-5 million (which is JAG money for a WR) but he surely wasn't worth the $13+ million a year that he got from Jacksonville; he simply isn't fast enough or consistent enough.  The Bills already have a couple of guys on their roster capable of replacing a significant amount of Davis' production: Khalil Shakir and Curtis Samuel.  

The Bills do need to add two outside WRs (WR1 and WR2) before opening day.  Most likely, the WR1 will come from round 1 or 2 of the draft.  The Bills may take another WR on Day 3 or they may sign a veteran after June 1.  They might do both.

The Bills have the second best QB in the NFL playing behind a solid OL with a dynamic young starting RB who is a threat in both the running and passing games.  Shakir and Samuel are both competent WRs.   They have a pair of young TEs who give them the ability to use 2 TE sets to effectively run or pass the ball.    The sky is not falling on the Bills offense.

But how we gonna compete without Jordan Phillips and Latavius Murray???? I’m telling you, we’re doooomed!

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Process said:

Shoulda, coulda, woulda…..

You realize we didn’t win, 

in the playoffs 

with home field

Again?

The 49rs could be SB champs….. but they’re not🤷‍♂️

Pointing out that this team, with Josh ,and who else, repeatedly isn’t getting it done, isn’t trolling.

Stating that you don’t think the Bills are positioned well or coached well enough to contend for the SB doesn’t make you a troll.

Answering the OPs question honestly also doesn’t make you a troll.

• Haha (+1) 1