Latavius Murray has stem cell therapy in South America

WotAGuy

10 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Really interesting article but lacks details about the therapy. Tay is a good man and I hope he finds a team this year if it’s not the Bills. 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2024/04/nfl-running-back-syracuse-native-latavius-murray-has-stem-cell-treatment-plans-to-play-another-season.html?outputType=amp

stage talking GIF by South Park

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Really interesting article but lacks details about the therapy. Tay is a good man and I hope he finds a team this year if it’s not the Bills. 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2024/04/nfl-running-back-syracuse-native-latavius-murray-has-stem-cell-treatment-plans-to-play-another-season.html?outputType=amp

There's some more detail from Murray quoted here, though he doesn't name the target areas

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2024/04/17/latavius-murray-free-agent-stem-cells/

“You do the IV stem cells and then you get the injections within the joints or wherever you want to have the injections. Essentially the IV is supposed to still penetrate into the parts of your body that are sore; the IV does overall health. But then the localized injections are for the areas that you want to specifically treat.”

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Beck Water said:

There's some more detail from Murray quoted here, though he doesn't name the target areas

https://lastwordonsports.com/nfl/2024/04/17/latavius-murray-free-agent-stem-cells/

It's medicine that hasn't been fully tested. There's also a lot of quacks offering what is called stem cell therapy. Beware.

Before I had my knee implants installed, I looked into stem cell therapy. One of the leading locations is at Ohio State University Spinal center in Columbus. Treatments are considered experimental so it's not covered by most insurance.

I like Murray. Seems like a real good dude. And if he wants to keep playing I wish him nothing but health and the best of luck finding a team. Just hope it's not here. 

Don't get me wrong, guy has had a lot of production. Wish we grabbed him 3-4 years before we did. But man the tread really looked off the tires past midpoint last year.

If you go to Panama or other countries like that, you can get a entirely different level of stem cell therapy and treatment. The US is cautious and the FDA has not approved all components of treatment like you can in a country with little regulation. From what is reported by people that have had both it is night and day down there over how you feel when it is done in the US. Joe Rogan talked about it in a podcast. Same with Mel Gibson, of all people. Doctors that live in Miami have offices and clinics  in Panama and fly down there to do the treatments. 

5 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

If you go to Panama or other countries like that, you can get a entirely different level of stem cell therapy and treatment. The US is cautious and the FDA has not approved all components of treatment like you can in a country with little regulation. From what is reported by people that have had both it is night and day down there over how you feel when it is done in the US. Joe Rogan talked about it in a podcast. Same with Mel Gibson, of all people. Doctors that live in Miami have offices and clinics  in Panama and fly down there to do the treatments. 

He got treated in Medellin, Columbia.  He said he had to avoid rigorous physical activity for a while but can fully work out now. 

Just now, WotAGuy said:

He got treated in Medellin, Columbia.  He said he had to avoid rigorous physical activity for a while but can fully work out now. 

There are many great doctors at the “Pablo Escobar Memorial Hospital “

• Haha (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I like Murray. Seems like a real good dude. And if he wants to keep playing I wish him nothing but health and the best of luck finding a team. Just hope it's not here. 

Don't get me wrong, guy has had a lot of production. Wish we grabbed him 3-4 years before we did. But man the tread really looked off the tires past midpoint last year.

Yeah, there were plays to be made last year that he couldn’t make, or didn’t get enough out of them. I think he feels the physical treatments he did this offseason can get him another year. 

He has had quite a good career and has interesting stories about the coaches he’s had and players he has teamed with. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beyond the stem cell stuff, Murray has chosen to raise his family in the Buffalo area and is still here even thought he's not signed with the Bills.

He also said, at first, his new role last year of just blocking was  "frustrating" but he learned to embrace it and would come back.

“I grew. I truly grew mentally from that,” he said. “It’s easy for me to sit here and be in my feelings and feel a certain way. I had to look at a friend of mine -- and he and I have never talked about this -- I look at a Jet McKinnon and from the outside looking in, Jet was running the ball and now man, he only goes in on third down. And he’s been with the Kansas City Chiefs and he has two Super Bowl rings.

“So me as an observer I’m looking back and saying man, this guy humbled himself to be a part of something bigger. I took from that. He’s a little bit younger than me (31), but I took from that. Because I want what he has.”

For an 11th year vet to still be growing and evolving is pretty cool. Good guy.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, SF Bills Fan said:

The US isn't cautious. It's siding with hospitals, pharmaceuticals and doctors. Obviously, you and treatment centers have to do research. Providers here have stem cell suppliers; some are more effective than others based on quality. If stem cell treatment had been green lighted in the US, lots of surgical procedures could have been avoided. I have had stem cell injection for a neuro condition, and it definitely helped. Luckily, a family member is a Nurse Practitioner specializing in stem cell procedures. Yes, I paid in cash, but the improvement in my condition made it worth it. It's been a few years since my treatment and the US has really clamped down on what can and can't be done here. That's probably why Murray had to go to S.A. for what could have been done here years ago.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

There are many great doctors at the “Pablo Escobar Memorial Hospital “

It's actually a pretty amazing city now - some really cool transformations since the 90s, though like any big city they still have their problems. And health care in Colombia is top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to go there for any kind of treatment or procedure. There's actually a lot of medical tourism there, because the quality is so high, and it's way cheaper than the U.S. (what isn't?).

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

It's actually a pretty amazing city now - some really cool transformations since the 90s, though like any big city they still have their problems. And health care in Colombia is top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to go there for any kind of treatment or procedure. There's actually a lot of medical tourism there, because the quality is so high, and it's way cheaper than the U.S. (what isn't?).

I am headed there in September. I only hear great things. Looking forward to it!

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/19/2024 at 2:42 PM, SF Bills Fan said:

Naming two guys with questionable ethics and truthfulness isn't a strong selling point.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1