NFL draft rumors 2024

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Walter Football notoriously kinda sucks and has no info at all, yeah?

No, Charlie Campbell consistently gets good info and as a result is usually one of the most accurate mock drafters every year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Is being honest about something like this a smart move?  

Yeah, not a good look out of Legette.  If it was said to him, he is outing what is not hard to understand was a private conversation to the public.  It puts the person who said this to him -which wouldn't be hard for the Panthers to figure out- in a bad situation.

Secondly, it is kind of hard to believe someone actually told him this.  It seems like he may be positively interpreting some conversation.  And Legette by making this statement, if it doesn't come true, makes it seem like someone lied to him.

I'm off the Legette train, maybe in the 4th.  Give me McConkey/Franklin/Coleman over this mess.

3 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Yeah, not a good look out of Legette.  If it was said to him, he is outing what is not hard to understand was a private conversation to the public.  It puts the person who said this to him -which wouldn't be hard for the Panthers to figure out- in a bad situation.

Secondly, it is kind of hard to believe someone actually told him this.  It seems like he may be positively interpreting some conversation.  And Legette by making this statement, if it doesn't come true, makes it seem like someone lied to him.

I'm off the Legette train, maybe in the 4th.  Give me McConkey/Franklin/Coleman over this mess.

I am thinking the same thing.  I saw that and was like "oooooh....not a good look".  

Being able to keep a private conversation private is common sense.  

I am a McConkey fan.  He is hosting a youth football camp 5 miles down the road from me...I want to go but only if he's a Bill.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No, Charlie Campbell consistently gets good info and as a result is usually one of the most accurate mock drafters every year.

That article wasn’t written by Charlie Campbell.

29 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It doesn’t matter at all. A bunch of teams lie to a bunch players every year by telling them they’ll pick them at whatever pick. That talk is meaningless and is put out there to mislead other teams. Legette repeating it to reporters is just part of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Diabetes is very manageable for elite athletes with world class athletic trainers. Yikes,  numerous athletes are diabetic that you aren’t aware of. This should mean nothing to his draft position. I would be more concerned that he takes plays off if that is accurate. 

I’m not sure I agree that numerous pro athletes have type I diabetes. In fact, I can only think of one—Ron Santo from the last century. 

Im sure you can do a google search and come up with a few more. I doubt more than 0.1% of pro athletes have type 1 DM. 

3 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I’m not sure I agree that numerous pro athletes have type I diabetes. In fact, I can only think of one—Ron Santo from the last century. 

Im sure you can do a google search and come up with a few more. I doubt more than 0.1% of pro athletes have type 1 DM. 

Bobby Clarke had type I diabetes, and like Santo he is in the hall of fame. https://www.rciscience.ca/100-lives/bobby-clarke

From another site: "Bobby Clarke's epic in-game nutrition: two phentermine cans of coca-cola with three spoonfuls of added sugar before the game. Half a glass of orange with added sugar between periods and a full glass after the game. He also packed chocolate bars and glucose gum in his uniform pockets."

2 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Pearsall is shooting much higher on a lot of lists this week it seems.

He has Troy Franklin pretty low and D'Vondre Sweat very low.

Edited by dave mcbride

What's the downside to Legette saying the Panthers said they'll take him at 33 if he's there? He's drumming up interest in the market and trying to dispel rumors he will slide in the second. And as people have said, he wants another team to take him. I don't understand why that's dumb, unless it's going against the code of "you don't share what teams tell you to the media," if that's a thing.

But if my career and life were on the line, I'd be looking out for my best interests, not some random bad team's best interests.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bobby Clarke had type I diabetes, and like Santo he is in the hall of fame. https://www.rciscience.ca/100-lives/bobby-clarke

From another site: "Bobby Clarke's epic in-game nutrition: two phentermine cans of coca-cola with three spoonfuls of added sugar before the game. Half a glass of orange with added sugar between periods and a full glass after the game. He also packed chocolate bars and glucose gum in his uniform pockets."

He has Troy Franklin pretty low and D'Vondre Sweat very low.

To me Sweat has always been a 2 down run stuffer which knocks him down already add his DUI and it can push him way down 

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

What's the downside to Legette saying the Panthers said they'll take him at 33 if he's there? He's drumming up interest in the market and trying to dispel rumors he will slide in the second. And as people have said, he wants another team to take him. I don't understand why that's dumb, unless it's going against the code of "you don't share what teams tell you to the media," if that's a thing.

But if my career and life were on the line, I'd be looking out for my best interests, not some random bad team's best interests.

But what if the only team that’s interested is the Panthers at 33. Last year that was 10.1 million dollars. If he drops to the mid 40s or 50s where people have him projected than he just lost 2 to 2.5 million on his rookie contract 

Re: the Leggette situation where he said he was going to be drafted by the Panthers. Teams tell TONS of players they're getting him. Gronk said a bunch of teams said they were going to get him and passed, for example.

I have a sneaking suspicion that if Odunze is there at 9 we see the Bengals make a huge push, and they package Higgins in the move. 

Bengals get pick 9: Odunze

Chicago gets: Picks 18, 80, and Tee Higgins

Chicago now has some serious firepower for their new QB, they have cap space next year to give an extension, and they get some capital to shore up their OL. Bengals get younger and cheaper and keep their pantry of elite weapons loaded up.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

Re: the Leggette situation where he said he was going to be drafted by the Panthers. Teams tell TONS of players they're getting him. Gronk said a bunch of teams said they were going to get him and passed, for example.

This happens all the time.  Players whine about being disrespected by teams saying they will take them and then don't.

Randy Moss built a whole career out of telling everyone Dallas said they would take him and then they didn't and he still talks about it.

Nice Article from Joe Buscaglia on where the bills are and how that effects the draft.

https://theathletic.com/5430707/2024/04/22/buffalo-bills-2024-nfl-draft-files/

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That article wasn’t written by Charlie Campbell.

If it makes you feel better, Charlie Campbell just tweeted out the same article. I'm guessing it's his info published by a different writer for whatever reason.

Edited by HappyDays

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I can't imagine that Daniels's mom will affect his draft status. I feel like teams look at Lamar Jackson and think, yeah, it's slightly annoying, but nothing we can't handle.

It doesn't say the extent of her relationships with Pierce, or the other players. Does say she was extremely close. Maybe she's pulling a reverse Zach Wilson? I'd think that would definitely be behavior that could cause distractions.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

This happens all the time.  Players whine about being disrespected by teams saying they will take them and then don't.

Randy Moss built a whole career out of telling everyone Dallas said they would take him and then they didn't and he still talks about it.

Nice Article from Joe Buscaglia on where the bills are and how that effects the draft.

https://theathletic.com/5430707/2024/04/22/buffalo-bills-2024-nfl-draft-files/

https://archive.is/H1kYW <-whats a paywall?