Why does Beane get a pass?

11 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Whether or not you respect me means nothing to me. Lions don't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.

All I can think of after this response is Mark Twain's famous line;  "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt".   

• Haha (+1) 2

ALLEN

Milano contract 

Bernard

Shakir

Dawkins contract 

Oliver contract 

Daquan

Benford

Taron contract 

Cook

Kincaid 

Douglas 

OCyrus

McGovern 

Edwards

Epenesa contract 

Groot/Brown

Top 5 GM in the game 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

ALLEN

Milano contract 

Bernard

Shakir

Dawkins contract 

Oliver contract 

Daquan

Benford

Taron contract 

Cook

Kincaid 

Douglas 

OCyrus

McGovern 

Edwards

Epenesa contract 

Groot/Brown

Top 5 GM in the game 

How about the contracts he DIDNT give out.

NOT paying Tremaine Edmunds $18M/yr

NOT paying Gabe Davis $13M/yr

NOT giving Poyer a massive extension last year, letting him test free agency, then letting him sign for significantly less.

NOT paying Jordan Phillips after a 10 sack season.

NOT paying Shaq Lawson after his best season.

These are all situations where Bills players were allowed to walk and another GM gave them an awful contract. Where’s the credit for these?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

How about the contracts he DIDNT give out.

NOT paying Tremaine Edmunds $18M/yr

NOT paying Gabe Davis $13M/yr

NOT giving Poyer a massive extension last year, letting him test free agency, then letting him sign for significantly less.

NOT paying Jordan Phillips after a 10 sack season.

NOT paying Shaq Lawson after his best season.

These are all situations where Bills players were allowed to walk and another GM gave them an awful contract. Where’s the credit for these?

FACTUAL!!

Much deserved !

Edited by JerseyBills

Beane gets a pass because he's one of if not the sharpest general manager in the NFL and we as Bills fans are incredibly fortunate to have him.

Has he been perfect? Of course not. But no one is perfect.

That doesn't change the fact that he's excellent at his job. Anyone who can't see that is a moron, quite frankly.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

57 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

ALLEN

Milano contract 

Bernard

Shakir

Dawkins contract 

Oliver contract 

Daquan

Benford

Taron contract 

Cook

Kincaid 

Douglas 

OCyrus

McGovern 

Edwards

Epenesa contract 

Groot/Brown

Top 5 GM in the game 

Backup OG Edwards on this list is the piece de resistance lmao

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Beane gets a pass because he's one of if not the sharpest general manager in the NFL and we as Bills fans are incredibly fortunate to have him.

Has he been perfect? Of course not. But no one is perfect.

That doesn't change the fact that he's excellent at his job. Anyone who can't see that is a moron, quite frankly.

Would you call ignoring the WR position while the market has exploded for 4 years straight, sharp?

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Would you call ignoring the WR position while the market has exploded for 4 years straight, sharp?

I wouldn't consider having Samuel-Shakir-Hollins with depth of Shorter-Isabella-Shavers as ignoring the position but regardless...stay tuned.

On 4/5/2024 at 11:29 PM, Logic said:

The Bills have won the 2nd most games in the league since 2020.

They've won four straight division titles.

The only possible reason to say he "deserves" criticism is because they haven't won a title. But if that's the case, then 31 GMs every single year deserve criticism.

Looking at moves in a vacuum for any GM across the league, you're going to see some moves that worked and some that didn't. No GM is immune to mistakes. But looking at the total output and production of a team gives you a sense of what kind of job the team's architect has done. The fact remains that only the Chiefs have won more games than the Bills since 2020, that they've won their division four years in a row, and that they are contenders year in and year out.

You want perfection? Go watch a Kurosawa film or listen to a Betthoven sonata. 

Beane is a very good GM.

P.S. Brandon Beane DOES receive criticism, and if you don't see it, then you're not looking in the right places. Go turn on ESPN, Fox Sports 1, or listen to any drive time football radio show, and you'll hear scores of criticism of Beane and his Bills. Heck, the buzziest phrase in football the past two season has been "the Bills window is closed".

If you're angry at Brandon Beane and want to criticize him, then just say that. Don't manufacture an immunity to criticism that he does not actually possess.

He's not very good at all. If anything he's average to slightly below average GM. 😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 4/5/2024 at 4:18 PM, Sharky7337 said:

Von miller contract

Dawson Knox contract

Stephen diggs contract

Defense line draft picks that never pan out

Defense tackle signings that are not good enough

No reliable pass rusher 

Wyatt Teller give away

Edmunds 

Star contract

Just curious why he is so highly regarded when these issues have come to roost fully

Because they are winning more than they did for a long time and people are afraid to fall back into the abyss.  It will take a while longer for that ship to turn.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I wouldn't consider having Samuel-Shakir-Hollins with depth of Shorter-Isabella-Shavers as ignoring the position but regardless...stay tuned.

The bolded players are non-contributors except maybe on special teams. Maybe.  People have been waiting on Shorter to do something since his senior year of high school.  Hollins is who he is at this point and on a good team he's WR 5 or 6 not 3. Isabella is an outside receiver in a slot body. Shavers is a gunner.

Having warm bodies isn't the same thing as addressing the position.  Now, can this change between now and camp? Sure.  Right now WR is an abyss.  They need two more functional players who can play meaningful snaps right now.

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Listing camp bodies, two fifth round picks and the 33rd highest paid WR in the league doesn’t support your point as much as you think.

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

I don't understand people expecting anything from Shorter.  Didn't he look pretty meh in camp even before he was injured? 

Yes. He is competing for gunner and 6th receiver. No more than that.

Beane gets a pass for one reason: Josh Allen.  It was a brilliant move. With the Josh Allen move included he is an above average GM. Remove the Josh Allen move, and he is a fairly average GM. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

I really like Beane. But he isn’t above criticism. This team under his direction needs to make a Super Bowl. So let’s say this is the beginning of the Second Chapter. I hope he looks back at what has worked and hasn’t worked.

I think one of my criticisms is not recognizing the moment in the moment. When we were buzzing along, we were probably Von Miller away from avoiding 13 seconds. The Rams made the move to bring him in and we didn’t. ( I cannot confirm if we did indeed try) A rental for a Super Bowl , yeah I’d take it. 

Last season, we could have brought in Hopkins,  probably at the expense of not signing Sherfield  Harty. 

Having to bring back John Brown, Cole Beasley so late into the season 2 years ago jumps out to me as not really doing enough and the the above signings felt more of the same.

Maybe we just can’t evaluate the position and put too much belief into our own guys like Gabe. 

There is a lot of belief going on these boards, that our oline is going to be ok, and if we take a few shots at Receiver this is the best course of action to follow. 

I am both somewhat excited that we have fresh faces on Offense  yet still a bit skeptical that this might turn into a disaster. 

I agree with Beane that this isn’t September yet so let’s see what we are looking like by then! 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/6/2024 at 10:20 AM, GunnerBill said:

I completely disagree. The predominant issue is that we have spent too much on too little production in FA and despite Beane having an overall decent draft record he hasn't found elite players beyond Josh and in big moments it is the Jimmys and the Joes not the Xs and the Os that win football games. 

Those players defensive players requested by McDermott are the Jimmy and joes, Beane doesn’t do his job in a vacuum, I will give you the point that not enough elite players are brought in in FA, nor drafted for the offense, there are many aspects interwoven into why the team has plateaued under McDermott and Beane, 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Those players defensive players requested by McDermott are the Jimmy and joes, Beane doesn’t do his job in a vacuum, I will give you the point that not enough elite players are brought in in FA, nor drafted for the offense, there are many aspects interwoven into why the team has plateaued under McDermott and Beane, 

For sure the responsibilities are interwoven. No question. The pair are in lock step and should be judged as a regime rather than as individuals. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

The bolded players are non-contributors except maybe on special teams. Maybe.  People have been waiting on Shorter to do something since his senior year of high school.  Hollins is who he is at this point and on a good team he's WR 5 or 6 not 3. Isabella is an outside receiver in a slot body. Shavers is a gunner.

Having warm bodies isn't the same thing as addressing the position.  Now, can this change between now and camp? Sure.  Right now WR is an abyss.  They need two more functional players who can play meaningful snaps right now.

It's still early April. The draft hasn't even happened yet. Take a chill pill.

Hollins has been his team's #2 WR for two straight seasons now, fwiw.

• Like (+1) 1