Diggs traded to Texans for picks

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I don't think this was correct last season.  It was correct in 2020 and 2021.  I think the Bills saw a lot of man coverage, and a lot of hybrid coverage (1 side man, 1 side zone)

Man is a dying coverage. I’ve seen stats that teams run zone over 60% of snaps.

The NFL is a league that features a lot more zone-coverage schemes than man schemes. Since 2020, 66.4% of dropbacks have been against a zone-coverage scheme. 

https://www.the33rdteam.com/breaking-down-nfl-man-zone-coverage-schemes/

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

It is tough/impossible to call the Bills the 'winner' here.

It seems like Diggs might have had them backed into a corner though, and they had little choice. It seems he started pouting somewhere towards the end of the 2022 season. The Bills figured they could make everything better through the offseason, and last season, but it seems to have never worked out. This year, he would have probably been a distraction and/or not given full effort, and probably let the Bills know that.

Its a net-negative for the Bills though. It is a drought-era WR room right now. They had to eat feces on a $31 cap hit. Along with all the other departures of team captains and pro-bowlers, this is really going to test the sustainability of the "process" here as well as Josh Allen's ability, commitment, and leadership. It kind of sails outside of the Bills being a powerhouse, and more into the seas of the unknown (and there is a hurricane Terry looming somewhere out there)

You mean yet, at this point, up to now, on paper.  It's a net-negative if no other move is made.  I can agree with that but I don't think we're done.

How quickly even the on-paper decision can change though.  Obviously if J Jefferson is added, the Bills are on-paper better.  I would go so far as to say even adding DHop or Aiyuk would make the Bills better on paper than what we expected with Diggs still on the team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Logic said:

Graham claims he didn't report it at the time because he couldn't hear what Diggs actually said, and that for all he knew it could have been a compliment/praise that hit Allen the wrong way (though unlikely). 

He says he wishes, in retrospect, that he had reported that incident at the time. To be honest, though, what good would it have done the Bills? I'm kind of glad he didn't.

Oh I get it, and I don't think it should have been more than just the state "Josh was visibly upset after the game and consoled hy his teammates. Each offering him kind words while diggs approached and frustrated Josh."

See, it's a double sided coin. He's reconditioning the situation to fit a narrative now. That doesn't bode well for integrity. 

At the same time these guys are just at work doing their job so I usually don't give a ***** about stories like this. 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone make a poll to see where TBD stands on the trade? 

(Not digging thru 141 pages of BS to look for)

===================================================================

Whatta dipshit!

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-stefon-diggs-paid-jimmie-ward-100-000-for-no-1

Edited by DieHardFan

5 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

We have all five stages of grief on display here. There is no consensus. We have one fan so upset with the trade that he hopes that the Texans win the Super Bowl next year just to stick it to Brandon Beane. We have other fans who are in "I told ya so" mode as a carryover from the Cryptic Tweet thread. We had one dude on here on Wednesday that essentially argued that Diggs was right, Josh is the actual bad teammate, and that we traded the wrong guy. So, you know, a typical week on TBD.

• Haha (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You mean yet, at this point, up to now, on paper.  It's a net-negative if no other move is made.  I can agree with that but I don't think we're done.

How quickly even the on-paper decision can change though.  Obviously if J Jefferson is added, the Bills are on-paper better.  I would go so far as to say even adding DHop or Aiyuk would make the Bills better on paper than what we expected with Diggs still on the team.

People forget, this is April before the draft, and we don’t play football until September. Beane opened that door with “we’re probably not better today”, and some media folks jumped on that (Cowherd being one).  They skip the part where “we still have a lot of work to do”. I’ll wait and see.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

We have all five stages of grief on display here. There is no consensus. We have one fan so upset with the trade that he hopes that the Texans win the Super Bowl next year just to stick it to Brandon Beane. We have other fans who are in "I told ya so" mode as a carryover from the Cryptic Tweet thread. We had one dude on here on Wednesday that essentially argued that Diggs was right, Josh is the actual bad teammate, and that we traded the wrong guy. So, you know, a typical week on TBD.

LOL.  Sounds about right!

39 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Graham has claimed a lot of things over the years, just like other "journalists" such as Johnny Wawrow, Jerry Sullivan, Bucky Gleason, etc.   

Who knows what actually happened

You and I are not on the same page here. Graham and Wawrow are credible people in my book. One can have whatever personal opinions they want about those guys, but I have never been given any reason to doubt their professional credibility. Graham admits that he didn't hear what Diggs actually said to Allen, but I have no reason to believe he would make up Allen's response.

I believe him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Man is a dying coverage. I’ve seen stats that teams run zone over 60% of snaps.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/breaking-down-nfl-man-zone-coverage-schemes/

Interesting stuff. Imo, the biggest reason for the trend towards more zone schemes, is because there are so many more QBs that can hurt you with their running and you just can’t turn your back on them. Zones are also more challenging for offensive players to decipher, especially post snap, and your QB needs to be more patient. Not always an easy thing to do.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

You and I are not on the same page here. Graham and Wawrow are credible people in my book. One can have whatever personal opinions they want about those guys, but I have never been given any reason to doubt their professional credibility. Graham admits that he didn't hear what Diggs actually said to Allen, but I have no reason to believe he would make up Allen's response.

I believe him.

Fair enough! 

28 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

Whatta dipshit!

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-stefon-diggs-paid-jimmie-ward-100-000-for-no-1

I like it a lot better now that Diggs will be a FA after this season.  I have no idea what was happening behind the scenes with him, but, Diggs was obviously a problem

3 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Everyone wonder what happened to Diggs the 2nd half of the season?  He shut it down when we hit 5-5, he wasn't going to go all out for a possibly non playoff team.

Brady also made it a team thing, vs. Appeasing a single WR.

Listen to Cosell and Simms.  He no longer threatened defenses deep.  They were able to sit on his underneath route tree more.  Still a good player but no longer elite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

Whatta dipshit!

That's nothing. If I was Ward I would have held out for more. Some oil-drunk idiot in Dubai paid 15 million for a license plate.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/most-expensive-license-plate-in-the-world-sold-at-auction-for-15-million-dubai/

Edited by Low Positive

20 minutes ago, Logic said:

I believe him.

Count me in the group that was frequently annoyed by TG and JW but I don't think I ever questioned their credibility.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, DieHardFan said:

Whatta dipshit!

Why does that make him a dipshit? $100k  to him is a drop in the bucket. Id venture to guess he is making a statement that he is the #1 WR in Houston.

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

These comments make me laugh. Questioning Josh's leadership is ridiculous. I remember that press conference, I remember him saying how bad he wanted to beat them. I remember him taking blame for his mistakes and saying he played like *****.

Josh knows his own mistakes, anyone who has watched a few of his press conferences know that. Being upset with yourself is common when you know you had a bad game, having a knuckle head pointing any mistakes out can be infuriating. Especially right after walking off the field.  Says more about Diggs poor leadership than Allen’s. 

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:
Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

And that’s what makes this place fun😂

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

People forget, this is April before the draft, and we don’t play football until September. Beane opened that door with “we’re probably not better today”, and some media folks jumped on that (Cowherd being one).  They skip the part where “we still have a lot of work to do”. I’ll wait and see.  

Could they draft Diggs replacement yeah sure. They will be better than right now but I don't see where they improve significantly. They have no cap room to go out and get a Higgins or high end guy. 

7 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Could they draft Diggs replacement yeah sure. They will be better than right now but I don't see where they improve significantly. They have no cap room to go out and get a Higgins or high end guy. 

I don’t want a “high end guy” who is old(er) and expensive. I think we will get younger and cheaper, and apparently I have more faith they can do that than you do. Time will tell, but I’m excited to see what they pull off. 

Edited by Augie
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Interesting stuff. Imo, the biggest reason for the trend towards more zone schemes, is because there are so many more QBs that can hurt you with their running and you just can’t turn your back on them. Zones are also more challenging for offensive players to decipher, especially post snap, and your QB needs to be more patient. Not always an easy thing to do.

Thats why you need WRs that understand running routes vs zone. Man beaters just don’t mean as much anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1