Post your sleepers here

Yantha

I've been mocking a bit now, and today I stumbled on a player that is jumping off the page for me in round 4, or therabouts.

Listed in some places as a safety, and in others as a linebacker.

I'm talking about 6'5" James Williams.  As far as I can tell, he played Safety mostly in Florida.  

PFN_Draft_result_1712017848230.thumb.png.30dd125b2e5f0985cc98f3d5de8d30f3.png

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I've been mocking a bit now, and today I stumbled on a player that is jumping off the page for me in round 4, or therabouts.

I'm talking about 6'5" James Williams.  As far as I can tell, he played Safety mostly in Florida.  

His instincts and attitude are so poor that radar can't detect him.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Can you post a link to some articles about him or do you just know from experience / as a fan?

Article RE:  James Williams.  Specifically mentions great attitude.  Worked out at linebacker but has ball skills of a safety.

https://www.si.com/college/miami/football/miami-hurricanes-safety-james-williams-linebacker-senior-bowl-jim-nagy-nfl-scouts-impressed

Posted (edited)

Also, the Bills Secondary Coach Jahmil Addae was James Williams' coach in Miami before he was hired by Buffalo.  Inside track on information.  It will be interesting to look at ALL Miami secondary draft prospects (i.e. Kinchens....)

Edited by Yantha
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Also, the Bills Secondary Coach Jahmil Addae was James Williams' coach in Miami before he was hired by Buffalo.  Inside track on information.  It will be interesting to look at ALL Miami secondary draft prospects (i.e. Kinchens....)

There's a number of players that have the Addae connection. Kam Kinchens, Javon Bullard, and Tykee Smith all also fit that same mold.

Javon Bullard is far and away my favorite of the group.

• Like (+1) 3

James Williams lives off of being a 5 star in HS. He’s a lower the shoulder non wrap up tackler. He can’t cover at safety. He had a lot of teams back off of him in HS for rumors of him doing stuff. 

Im biased as an FSU fan and Mike Norvell is very big on culture. During the FSU game, Williams snapped Jordan Travis chain right off his neck and Norvell shook Kam Kitchens hand but cold shouldered James Williams 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

PFN_Draft_result_1712017848230.thumb.png.30dd125b2e5f0985cc98f3d5de8d30f3.png

Very nice draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I really like Williams. Listed as both a S and LB I feel like he’s a perfect fit for our defense.  Could love him around anywhere. Maybe he’s not perfect at either but he’s a Swiss Army knife that can do both of needed. Keep him on the field in pass heavy downs as a S and run heavy downs as a LB. Can literally have in him on any down and move him all over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Edge rusher Mohamed Kamara ran a 4.57-40,  30.5 sacks at Colorado State

I really like Kamara too. Bigger and faster than Jerry Hughes. Lots of production. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

I really like Williams. Listed as both a S and LB I feel like he’s a perfect fit for our defense.  Could love him around anywhere. Maybe he’s not perfect at either but he’s a Swiss Army knife that can do both of needed. Keep him on the field in pass heavy downs as a S and run heavy downs as a LB. Can literally have in him on any down and move him all over. 

He can man up with the Kelce's of the world and at his size, would be able to hold up well I think.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Yantha said:

He can man up with the Kelce's of the world and at his size, would be able to hold up well I think.

100%

I wouldn’t take him on rds 1-3. But I would absolutely think about him in rd4 or after. 

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I really like Kamara too. Bigger and faster than Jerry Hughes. Lots of production. 

I really liked Maxx Crsoby the year came out and I might like Kamara even more, relentless just like Crosby but I think Kamara has more power. I really wish he was a bit taller and heavier but I think he could be a steal in the 4th round (as he's projected by some to be a 3rd-4th round prospect).

• Like (+1) 5

Nick Garguilo, C, South Carolina

He has an edge to him and is just a classic nasty IOL. He’s extremely intelligent as well as a Yale transfer. I had to deal with the kid, coaching against him in high school. He was a terror then. A LT who moved inside, I think he’s a natural and will probably be one of those guys who is drafted late and starts at center somewhere for 10 years. Great RAS scores as well. Great size, long arms, huge hands. I think he makes it. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

There's a number of players that have the Addae connection. Kam Kinchens, Javon Bullard, and Tykee Smith all also fit that same mold.

Javon Bullard is far and away my favorite of the group.

Seconded Bullard. 

WR, Bullard, WR is my ideal draft top 3.

I liked Antonio Johnson a lot a few years ago and thought he was a lock to be either a Bill or gone in the second and he went far far later. So imo there’s a chance Bullard is hanging around in the late second.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Yantha said:

That is exactly what we lack.

17 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Nick Garguilo, C, South Carolina

He has an edge to him and is just a classic nasty IOL. He’s extremely intelligent as well as a Yale transfer. I had to deal with the kid, coaching against him in high school. He was a terror then. A LT who moved inside, I think he’s a natural and will probably be one of those guys who is drafted late and starts at center somewhere for 10 years. Great RAS scores as well. Great size, long arms, huge hands. I think he makes it. 

If we had a 3rd round pick, that's who I would use it on.

• Like (+1) 1