Best Part of the Draft this Year will be Roger Goodell

Kaenon

... messing up names even more terribly than usual.

It's like the first time he's ever seen these names when he reads the cards!

He'll be okay with Caleb Williams, Brock Bowers, Marvin Harrison Jr., and Joe Alt - but can you imagine the comedy of errors with:

- Taliese Fuaga

- Olumuyiwa Fashanu

- Troy Fautanu

- Laiatu Latu

- Kingsley Suamataia

🍿

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only one that would give me trouble is Olumuyiwa Fashanu's first name.  My undergrad degree was in vocal music.  I learned to sing in multiple languages phonetically.  Then I went to seminary and became a church pastor for forty years.  I've read a whole bunch of weird names in the Bible on Sunday mornings.  You get used to it. When in doubt, go with phonetics.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

I thought fans were going to bring rotten fruit and vegetables to throw at Goodell which why it was best part of draft.

Depends which side of Detroit chooses to attend…

The rambunctious crowd are definitely capable. 

5 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

The only one that would give me trouble is Olumuyiwa Fashanu's first name.  My undergrad degree was in vocal music.  I learned to sing in multiple languages phonetically.  Then I went to seminary and became a church pastor for forty years.  I've read a whole bunch of weird names in the Bible on Sunday mornings.  You get used to it. When in doubt, go with phonetics.

Eloi, Eloi, Lama “Sa BACH tah ni”, or;

Eloi, Eloi, Lama “Sabacht -  ahni”?

I hear both.

Edited by Neo

39 minutes ago, Neo said:

Eloi, Eloi, Lama “Sa BACH tah ni”, or;

Eloi, Eloi, Lama “Sabacht -  ahni”?

I hear both.

I go with the first.  My notes say this was an Aramaic phrase.  I don't know if there are many people that know how to speak Aramaic from 2000 years ago.

24 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I go with the first.  My notes say this was an Aramaic phrase.  I don't know if there are many people that know how to speak Aramaic from 2000 years ago.

I always went with the first, as well.  I heard the second on a video last weekend.  Thank you for your service .

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I just want them to go back to those COVID year remote drafts. Some of the best unintentional comedy the NFL has ever produced. 

I think it'd be great if someone forgot to tell him we'd gone back to the old format. 

Goodell is such a clown. I hope when he bear hugs one of the draftees his back goes out in him and he falls to the stage and they have to cart him off on a gurney.