Jump to content

PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion


Recommended Posts

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Coping with what ? The Bills not leaving for greener pastures in some other city ? The NFL changed dramatically decades ago and that’s just reality.

 

There are several ways people deal with adversity. Some people fight back. Some people disengage. And some people cope with it by rationalizing. "Yeah, they're charging a lot of money. But that's the business. The NFL has changed. We must understand. etc"

Rationalization is a defense mechanism in which controversial situations are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and thereby make them appear less threatening. Some people will rationalize the PSL's which double dip on taxpayers by attributing them to broader, understandable business practices and changes within the NFL, suggesting that such changes are inevitable and should be accepted.

There is a bit of stockholm syndrome mixed in.

 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

 

Those who seem shocked , stunned , surprised etc


I haven't seen anyone in this thread who is shocked, stunned or surprise. Everyone knew it was coming. Some are pointing out the inequity in it. Thats not a sign of being surprised - its a sign of evaluating the situation for what it is. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

 

#1 - Yes, it would be zero.

 

#2 - I ran the math on this earlier. PSL value will be approximately 1/4 of what owners paid within 5 years of ownership. This could potentially change if the team wins a SB the year before you sell your tickets, but you would need that luck to cause a temporary spike.

Anyone looking at a PSL as some type of investment opportunity is probably checking out bridges in the Jersey swamplands too. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Einstein said:

 

There are several ways people deal with adversity. Some people fight back. Some people disengage. And some people cope with it by rationalizing. "Yeah, they're charging a lot of money. But that's the business. The NFL has changed. We must understand. etc"

Rationalization is a defense mechanism in which controversial situations are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and thereby make them appear less threatening. Some people will rationalize the PSL's which double dip on taxpayers by attributing them to broader, understandable business practices and changes within the NFL, suggesting that such changes are inevitable and should be accepted.

There is a bit of stockholm syndrome mixed in.

 


I haven't seen anyone in this thread who is shocked, stunned or surprise. Everyone knew it was coming. Some are pointing out the inequity in it. Thats not a sign of being surprised - its a sign of evaluating the situation for what it is. 

Of course there is “ inequity”. That shouldn’t be a surprise. Seeing the reality for what it is - reality is not “ coping” or rationalizing or any other psychobabble that you want to throw in there. It’s simply having a brain and seeing things for what they are. The world isn’t perfect. The other option was the team leaves. Neither is a perfect choice, but few things ever are. Some would prefer that the State, County etc “ save” the money and waste it on something else. I’m not one of them. The perfect third option just doesn’t exist, no matter how much anyone wishes it did. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Of course there is “ inequity”. That shouldn’t be a surprise. 


Again, no one that I have seen is really "surprised". We are simply talking about the reality of the situation now that it is officially here (we have the official numbers for some sections).

While we do that, many posters are making it their job to defend, defend, defend the Bills. That's not simply discussing the reality. That's Rationalization with a dash of Stockholm. These posters have a compulsion to defend.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Of course there is “ inequity”. That shouldn’t be a surprise. Seeing the reality for what it is - reality is not “ coping” or rationalizing or any other psychobabble that you want to throw in there. It’s simply having a brain and seeing things for what they are. The world isn’t perfect. 


Agreed.  I prefer acceptance of reality and planning to deal with reality than whining and complaining and feeling like I’m being persecuted.  
 

I think some people in this thread saw what was coming and are not surprised and are accepting reality.  That doesn’t mean we condone what is happening. 
 

The people being blindsided are those that are reading about 50k PSLs and extrapolating that to the entire stadium - especially STHs in the best 100 level seats that weren’t “club” seats, but now apparently will be. Those people are understandably worried about their ability to continue to be STHs at the same seating arrangement. That will all be revealed shortly. 
 

Then there are those that just want to slap their ***** around trying to garner attention and pretend to be a big boy/girl/other. 🤣

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:


Again, no one that I have seen is really "surprised". We are simply talking about the reality of the situation now that it is officially here (we have the official numbers for some sections).

While we do that, many posters are making it their job to defend, defend, defend the Bills. That's not simply discussing the reality. That's Rationalization with a dash of Stockholm. These posters have a compulsion to defend.


The fact you conflate explanations with defending proves the persecution complex going on here. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Anyone looking at a PSL as some type of investment opportunity is probably checking out bridges in the Jersey swamplands too. 

I don't think anyone is thinking that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:


Agreed.  I prefer acceptance of reality and planning to deal with reality than whining and complaining and feeling like I’m being persecuted.  
 

I think some people in this thread saw what was coming and are not surprised and are accepting reality.  That doesn’t mean we condone what is happening. 
 

The people being blindsided are those that are reading about 50k PSLs and extrapolating that to the entire stadium - especially STHs in the best 100 level seats that weren’t “club” seats, but now apparently will be. Those people are understandably worried about their ability to continue to be STHs at the same seating arrangement. That will all be revealed shortly. 
 

Then there are those that just want to slap their ***** around trying to garner attention and pretend to be a big boy/girl/other. 🤣


The fact you conflate explanations with defending proves the persecution complex going on here. 

Then there are those who think the PSLs are going to drop to $1000 to $2000 a seat at the low end. Face it the plebs will no longer be able to afford to go. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Let them buy them first, and then scoop them up for pennys on the dollar in a few years.


If your only focus is profit and loss then your take is fine.  Some of us want to be there for the first season the stadium is open, and that has value to us. 

 

You don't have unlimited years to live your life, two or three years sitting at home are two or three years you're not watching Bills games live.  If Bills games live are a  persons favorite thing in life why would they skip that for the cost of a few bucks extra every game? (PSL spread out over several years)

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Then there are those who think the PSLs are going to drop to $1000 to $2000 a seat at the low end. Face it the plebs will no longer be able to afford to go. 


Maybe not as STHs, but they will be there.  They find a way to travel all over the country to go to games, they will continue to go to games here too. 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:


Maybe not as STHs, but they will be there.  They find a way to travel all over the country to go to games, they will continue to go to games here too. 

Exactly. The NFL went upscale years ago. Compare a Super Bowl ticket today to the 90’s SB Bills games. It’s in another universe. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, GottaRun said:


If your only focus is profit and loss then your take is fine.  Some of us want to be there for the first season the stadium is open, and that has value to us. 

 

You don't have unlimited years to live your life, two or three years sitting at home are two or three years you're not watching Bills games live.  If Bills games live are a  persons favorite thing in life why would they skip that for the cost of a few bucks extra every game? (PSL spread out over several years)

 

That’s an absolutely fair take to have.

I respect it.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

 

The fact you conflate explanations with defending proves the persecution complex going on here. 

 

 

Oh, you were “explaining” all this time while you were mocking me with equation talk and memes and images. Now I understand. 

 

Youre not explaining anything. You’re defending to n’th degree and if that means you have to ridicule someone, so be it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

 

 

Oh, you were “explaining” all this time while you were mocking me with equation talk and memes and images. Now I understand. 

 

Youre not explaining anything. You’re defending to n’th degree and if that means you have to ridicule someone, so be it.


I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.  Honestly.
 

You seemed to be rather like Spock in being very logical and dispassionate, except you would throw out a crack about the org chart and condescending statistical nonsense, so I figured you were up for some ribbing.  


If anything I said was hurtful, I apologize. Apparently I took it too far and I’m sorry about that. 
 

I do like you Einstein. You bring a fun element to the board and its posters like you that make this a fun place to waste time. 
 

I appreciate you. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:


I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings.  Honestly.
 

You seemed to be rather like Spock in being very logical and dispassionate, except you would throw out a crack about the org chart and condescending statistical nonsense, so I figured you were up for some ribbing.  


If anything I said was hurtful, I apologize. Apparently I took it too far and I’m sorry about that. 
 

I do like you Einstein. You bring a fun element to the board and its posters like you that make this a fun place to waste time. 
 

I appreciate you. 

 

Thank you. I appreciate that nice post.

 

As for the org chart, I often fail at humor. Things I find funny, most don’t. It’s a flaw of mine.

 

And then sometimes i’ll post or say something that people find hilarious and i’ll spend 20 minutes analyzing it, trying to figure out what I said that was funny. Go figure!

 

For the record I found the image of the equation jumbles you posted quite humorous. I don’t mind ribbing as long as I know that it’s not meant to insult.

Edited by Einstein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Einstein said:


Again, no one that I have seen is really "surprised". We are simply talking about the reality of the situation now that it is officially here (we have the official numbers for some sections).

While we do that, many posters are making it their job to defend, defend, defend the Bills. That's not simply discussing the reality. That's Rationalization with a dash of Stockholm. These posters have a compulsion to defend.

Your options are “have an NFL team” and “do business as NFL teams do” or “not have an NFL team.” Those are the options. Cursing the system isn’t going to solve this issue. The demand, ratings and revenue that the NFL is getting now makes it more expensive to play. That’s what it IS. No one wants to pay an additional $40k to buy 2 seats that they have now. To some people it is worth it to continue attending Bills games. It’s not up to anyone else to tell someone what to do with their money. This is the system. You either get on board or your team ends up in LA or Vegas. 

2 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Then there are those who think the PSLs are going to drop to $1000 to $2000 a seat at the low end. Face it the plebs will no longer be able to afford to go. 

They will. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GottaRun said:


If your only focus is profit and loss then your take is fine.  Some of us want to be there for the first season the stadium is open, and that has value to us. 

 

You don't have unlimited years to live your life, two or three years sitting at home are two or three years you're not watching Bills games live.  If Bills games live are a  persons favorite thing in life why would they skip that for the cost of a few bucks extra every game? (PSL spread out over several years)

 

Exactly! It’s YOUR life, and it’s YOUR money.  Use it as you wish, and be thankful that things like this don’t get you worked up enough that you keep telling other people how awful it is. Yes, it’s more. Decide and move on. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

 

Thank you. I appreciate that nice post.

 

As for the org chart, I often fail at humor. Things I find funny, most don’t. It’s a flaw of mine.

 

And then sometimes i’ll post or say something that people find hilarious and i’ll spend 20 minutes analyzing it, trying to figure out what I said that was funny. Go figure!

 

For the record I found the image of the equation jumbles you posted quite humorous. I don’t mind ribbing as long as I know that it’s not meant to insult.


 

I gotta tell you, I had to show my wife the org chart comment because it really was hilarious. Well done. 
 

And you will forever be in TSW lore for posting your tax return.  
 

That was retatta-level genius. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...