Predict Reception Yardage Leaders

boyst

How do you think 2024's season will finish with regard to the yardage per player for our team:

Diggs

Rookie

Kincaid

Knox

Samuel

Shakir

Hollins

Shorter
Cook

My choice:

Diggs

Kincaid

Rookie

Shakir

Cook

Samuel

Knox

Hollins

Shorter

2 hours ago, boyst said:

How do you think 2024's season will finish with regard to the yardage per player for our team:

Diggs

Rookie

Kincaid

Knox

Samuel

Shakir

Hollins

Shorter
Cook

My choice:

Diggs

Kincaid

Rookie

Shakir

Cook

Samuel

Knox

Hollins

Shorter

Based on your list of players:

Diggs:  1100-1200

Shakir:  700-1000

Kincaid: 700-900

Rookie:  500-700

Samuel:  500-700

Cook:  300-500

Knox:  100-300

Hollins:  100-200

Shorter:  0-100

People are still sleeping on Shakir.  His reliability was the best on the team and was our best WR down the stretch and playoffs.  He will be a big part of our offense this year.  Honestly, I would easily have Shakir well over 1000 yards if it wasn't for the fact we have a lot of mouths to feed.  

Meanwhile, Samuel likely starts outside with Diggs to start the season with our rookie likely rotating in with Samuel.  But I expect Samuel to dominate the snaps early in the season as the rookie builds trust with Allen and the coaches.  If the rookie earns that trust, then I think he will start getting more opportunities in the 2nd half of the season.  I put him in yardage ahead of Samuel because I think the rookie probably gets more chunk plays and big plays but less catches, so he will probably put up more yards than Samuel.   

I don't expect any one player to have a massive statistical season because this offense is going to be loaded and ball will be spread around, plus I expect the run game to be a big part of our offense still next year with Cook.  

• Like (+1) 1

If all are healthy:

Diggs

Rookie

Kincaid

Shakir

Samuel

Cook

Knox

Hollins

I think that this feels right. The rookie is going to need to stretch the field because no one else does (besides Kincaid kind of). Samuel and Shakir will make plays with the ball in their hands. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Based on your list of players:

Diggs:  1100-1200

Shakir:  700-1000

Kincaid: 700-900

Rookie:  500-700

Samuel:  500-700

Cook:  300-500

Knox:  100-300

Hollins:  100-200

Shorter:  0-100

People are still sleeping on Shakir.  His reliability was the best on the team and was our best WR down the stretch and playoffs.  He will be a big part of our offense this year.  Honestly, I would easily have Shakir well over 1000 yards if it wasn't for the fact we have a lot of mouths to feed.  

Meanwhile, Samuel likely starts outside with Diggs to start the season with our rookie likely rotating in with Samuel.  But I expect Samuel to dominate the snaps early in the season as the rookie builds trust with Allen and the coaches.  If the rookie earns that trust, then I think he will start getting more opportunities in the 2nd half of the season.  I put him in yardage ahead of Samuel because I think the rookie probably gets more chunk plays and big plays but less catches, so he will probably put up more yards than Samuel.   

I don't expect any one player to have a massive statistical season because this offense is going to be loaded and ball will be spread around, plus I expect the run game to be a big part of our offense still next year with Cook.  

Shakir was not only the most reliable on the team. His 86-87% completion rate on targets had to have lead the whole league. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Diggs

Rookie

Kincaid

Knox

Samuel

Shakir

Hollins

Shorter
Cook

My choice:

Diggs

Kincaid

Rookie

Shakir

Cook

Samuel

Knox

Hollins

Shorter

Kincaid

Diggs

Shakir

Samuel 

Rookie

Cook

Knox

Hollins

Shorter

Yup, I'm the oddball. However, I do think with how we saw Kincaid used late in the year down field he's going to pass 1000 yards if healthy. And, Diggs has played at a high level and (I believe) hasn't missed a game as a Bill...but an aging body rarely bodes well. Not a knock on him...but something I can see reasonably happening. 

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Diggs

Rookie

Kincaid

Knox

Samuel

Shakir

Hollins

Shorter
Cook

My choice:

Diggs

Kincaid

Rookie

Shakir

Cook

Samuel

Knox

Hollins

Shorter

I don't think they're paying Samuel to be the 5th or 6th target though it depends a lot on the speculative rookie.  We'll see.  

Edited by hondo in seattle
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I don't think they're paying Samuel to be the 5th or 6th target though it depends a lot on the speculative rookie.  We'll see.  

i think knox may get more yards because of playing time. simple as that.

the other part is bias thinking he is better than he has been the last two years.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

i think knox may get more yards because of playing time. simple as that.

the other part is bias thinking he is better than he has been the last two years.

I think Samuel may do well here.  I think, in some ways, he's better than Gabe.   But his production will depend on the mysterious rookie.  If the Bills draft a wideout in the first or second rounds and make him the starter, Samuel's production will suffer.  

Brady is the other wildcard.  I wasn't overly impressed with Brady's first half-season.  But maybe with a full offseason to tweak the playbook and implement his own offense, he'll show us something good.  It'll be interesting to see how he makes use of Samuel, Knox, and his other weapons.  

Here we go again. There were a number of people who predicted Kincaid with 800-1000+ yards last year. A very good year for a rookie TE is pretty much what he gave us which was around half that. A very good season for a rookie WR would be like 600-700 yards. If he's our 2nd best receiver then that means we are in trouble. It better be Samuel and Kincaid with more than any rookie

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Shakir was not only the most reliable on the team. His 86-87% completion rate on targets had to have lead the whole league. 

He was, in fact, the #1 WR in terms of catch percentage. Everyone above him was a RB catching screens and dump-offs. He was also 11th in yards per reception. Not bad for a slot guy. He was also #1 in Success % and yards per target. He only had 45 targets all season. That number needs to go up.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/receiving.htm 

• Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

He was, in fact, the #1 WR in terms of catch percentage. Everyone above him was a RB catching screens and dump-offs. He was also 11th in yards per reception. Not bad for a slot guy. He was also #1 in Success % and yards per target. He only had 45 targets all season. That number needs to go up.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/receiving.htm 

Shakir being the league’s number 1 receiver in  reception percentage per target, while also finishing 11th in yards per reception, and playing in a wind tunnel of a home stadium, is almost bizarre. 

Diggs

Kincaid

Shakir - Josh built up confidence in him last year

Cook - Will be used more in the passing game

Samuel

Rookie - Depends on who it is, could be on the top of this list, right here or on the bottom.

Knox

Hollins - Does he return punts or kicks ? 

Shorter - Has good size, hoping he develops

Rookie

Diggs

Kinkaid

Samuel

Shakir

Rookie

Cook

Knox

Hollins

In an unexpected scenario, Beane clears enough cap to fill the holes that need to be filled before draft day and decides to go on up and get his man when he unexpectedly falls outside of the top 15. He double dips for good measure, and the Bills offense is unstoppable... which is good because their D-line rotation bombs again, they can't get any pressure on QBs the second half of the season, and every game turns into a shootout. :lol: