Chargers Release WR Mike Williams

Process

20 hours ago, Process said:

This smells like KC tbh

Id be interested if money was reasonable

The patriots have lots of cash !!! This may have a effect on dropping a top WR in the draft to the Bills if a team higher in the draft picks him up & no longer needs a WR as a priority and they wait which is a good thing !! 

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

guys been on a losing team forever. hard to believe he's just gonna get hungry to want to go chase a ring. he will chase money and pull a ridley move.

If he hasn’t flown out to KC yet I’d be shocked. They’ve got about $15m to spend. 2 year backloaded deal makes way too much sense for a team in need of very little aside from a WR and some depth linemen

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KingBoots8 said:

If he hasn’t flown out to KC yet I’d be shocked. They’ve got about $15m to spend. 2 year backloaded deal makes way too much sense for a team in need of very little aside from a WR and some depth linemen

he needs to get fully guaranteed.

if the chiefs are desperate to do another super bowl run and agreeing to a contract that backloads the guarantee, though.

i just don't see them being that foolish

It's kind of insane to learn the Mike Williams has already been int he league 7 years, is just two years younger than Keenan Allen, has only amassed 309 receptions over that span and has a career high of 1146 yards receiving that he set 3 years ago. Meanwhile Diggs has 317 receptions over the last 3 years and has eclipsed that yardage total each year.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Mike Williams get paid stupid money, even though his best days are likely behind him and they weren't that good to begin with. I remember when he broke out after disappointing in his first couple seasons, but even though I've watched a lot of him and had him on my fantasy teams at various points, I never really quantified how little production he's had in his career. Big games would have you thinking he's elite but then he'd disappear and eventually get seriously injured.

I'd stay a million miles away from a guy like that on anything more than a prove it deal.

• Haha (+1) 1

He is certainly a player of interest, but haven’t we seen very recently what thirty plus year old guys coming off of an ACL injuries look like on the field…, (Tre & Von)  it’s likely to take all of this season and into next season before he is able to play the way we would all hope he can.  

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

"I prefer a QB that throws for TDs in the Red Zone"

Also Josh Allen: last 3 years 100 Throwing TDs. 1: Mahomes 105 3: Prescott: 96 5 Herbert: 83

Dude is an idiot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Warrior Spikes…. I think Williams is off the list ….

Whats he complaining about exactly … that JA wants to score rushing TDs?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

Perhaps Williams is that missing piece to put them over the top.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The article shows a tweet from a fake account. Click on it, the guy has like 4,000 followers. This is an embarrassing mistake for a supposed news website.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, HappyDays said:

The article shows a tweet from a fake account. Click on it, the guy has like 4,000 followers. This is an embarrassing mistake for a supposed news website.

Crap you are right. I saw it as an article and thought it was legit. 

On 3/14/2024 at 2:29 PM, Gregg said:

how does such bait get taken from organizations that call themselves new? it's amazing that so many believe he atually said this.