Chargers Release WR Mike Williams

Process

Do people even realize Mike Williams averages 44 rec for 686 yards over 7 seasons?  And that is with Phillip Rivers and Justin Herbert as his QB's.  Yet he was getting paid a monstrous contract lol.  

HARD PASS for Mr. IR

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If he took a one year cheap deal, I think it's worth the gamble

Sure, if there wasn't a WR rich draft in front of us.  I would rather those snaps go to the early WR we take because they need the snaps if they are going to be the eventual heir to Diggs.  

So I don't think having a Vet stuck ahead of that WR is good for his development.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's been injured a lot lately, but he is good. He'd be perfect if there weren't such injury concerns. It will be interesting to see what he gets paid.

Edited by MJS

He'll probably pull a hammy signing his new contract. 

All jokes aside, dude is exactly the type of WR we need at #2. Big, physical, fast, and comes down with contested balls. Buuuuuut, has he ever played a complete season? 

Id only take him if he came in on a 1 yr prove it deal, which he may have to do post ACL. Is he also still getting all that guaranteed money from SD since they cut him?

Hoping another WR needy team that is planning to draft one in the first round takes him and decides they can wait until later in the draft to take theirs.

If he would be happy taking a severe prove it discount just to play with Allen, then I would look at it, but he is going to want way more than what I am ready to offer.  I want new blood.  I want young, cheap, explosive talent that can come in and hold down the number 2 role until he is ready to replace Diggs as the long term #1.  Williams isn't that at all. 

Josh Allen is our QB.  Stop rolling with the Harty’s, Sherfield’s, Mick Collins’s, and Shorter’s of the world as your 4th and 5th Wide outs.  A more talented guy who hasn’t gotten deal he wants in free agency will take a 1 year incentive laden deal to be WR 3 or 4 for a shot to play with Allen.  To heck with playing the comp pick game.  How’d that turn out this year? Beane did everything to protect that 3rd rounder and we’re stuck with Sherfield dropping passes in playoff games.  

Edited by BuffaloRebound

Opportunity knocking 

small chance, but ya gotta ask …, 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Do people even realize Mike Williams averages 44 rec for 686 yards over 7 seasons?  And that is with Phillip Rivers and Justin Herbert as his QB's.  Yet he was getting paid a monstrous contract lol.  

HARD PASS for Mr. IR

Sure, if there wasn't a WR rich draft in front of us.  I would rather those snaps go to the early WR we take because they need the snaps if they are going to be the eventual heir to Diggs.  

So I don't think having a Vet stuck ahead of that WR is good for his development.  

I would take Mike Williams in a 1 year gamble as well as draft 1 or 2. Signing Mike Williams in a WR rich draft is completely irrelevant if he takes a 1 year cheap deal

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

We’re not getting comp picks, we picked up two UFA scrubs.

Yikes dude, you are a piece of work aren’t you, nuthin but luv, but try not to be so consistently dismal, thanks in advance 😁👍

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yikes dude, you are a piece of work aren’t you, nuthin but luv, but try not to be so consistently dismal, thanks in advance 😁👍

You should be like your screen name and do not reply.  Thanks in advance 😃 👍 

Edited by TheWeatherMan

1 hour ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Injury prone, but man he knows how to attack the ball in air.  Something we severely lack.

True enough, we do lack guys who’s attitude is to alway make a play for the ball when it’s passed to them, there are exceptions of course…, 

1 minute ago, TheWeatherMan said:

You should be like your screen name and do not reply. 

Oh so clever of you, 😁👍

The weatherman is so appropriate for you in which you are virtually always wrong, 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

If he took a one year cheap deal, I think it's worth the gamble

The guy is not a scrub.  So what makes you think he is taking a cheap deal?  There are 31 other NFL teams besides the Chargers.  One or two will likely offer some good money.  Some teams like the Commanders have a lot of money to burn if they so choose.  

We on the other hand do not.  

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

True enough, we do lack guys who’s attitude is to alway make a play for the ball when it’s passed to them, there are exceptions of course…, 

Oh so clever of you, 😁👍

The weatherman is so appropriate for you in which you are virtually always wrong, 

Oh how creative of you to say the same thing over and over again.  Next time, try to be original, the weatherman is wrong only 50% of the time.  

Just now, TheWeatherMan said:

Oh how creative of you to say the same thing over and over again.  Next time, try to be original, the weatherman is wrong only 50% of the time.  

Lol😂, okay then, be your dismal self as long as you continue to refrain from substantive comments I will stop pointing them out, how’s that for a deal 😁👍