Bills top 30 visits

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

People are all over the place with him.  I've heard everything from a superb route runner to a terrible route runner.  Can play outside but some say only slot.  @GunnerBill @BADOLBILZ What's your opinion of him and what round grade do you have on him?

He’s a 2nd rounder and he’s a good route runner and he’s tough and can block. Probably best suited for the slot more than the outside 

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

People are all over the place with him.  I've heard everything from a superb route runner to a terrible route runner.  Can play outside but some say only slot.  @GunnerBill @BADOLBILZ What's your opinion of him and what round grade do you have on him?

I see him as a 3rd rounder.   But I'm about boundary receivers in this draft and I don't really see him as one of those.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

He’s a 2nd rounder and he’s a good route runner and he’s tough and can block. Probably best suited for the slot more than the outside 

Seems redundant with Shakir and Samuel already on the roster.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I fall in the bad route runner camp. It is wjy a guy with that speed is open so infrequently on the tape. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Kneeland is a late first/early 2nd guy?  

He seems to have the physical traits of a 1/2, but the college production of something closer to a 3/4. 

Alas, the gap between is why the draft is as much "art" as it is "science."

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I fall in the bad route runner camp. It is wjy a guy with that speed is open so infrequently on the tape. 

He seems to be good in scramble drills and has good sideline awareness just from what I've seen of his college highlights.  Those are valuable traits with Allen's skill set I guess.  That and he's freaking fast which never hurts.  Maybe can return kickoffs with the new rule making that position more important than before.  I really don't see other reasons why this guy would be an option for the Bills though.  

11 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The way I see it is everyone knows it's a weak EDGE class. So I'm just accepting this year our EDGE group will not be a strength of the team. And that's fine. The way to solve that problem isn't by reaching for mediocre talents in the top 75 out of desperation. We solve that problem by trying to build an offense that can simply outpace everybody. We hope that Rousseau takes a big step and Von Miller looks even 50% of what he did in 2022. I would rather bet on that and invest in the offensive weapons than reach for say Marshawn Kneeland at #60 because of a perceived drop off after him. Go all in on the positions that are strong in the draft (namely WR and OL) and accept that we won't be dominant at every single position group this season.

Agree - and I would add don’t trade 2025 picks at a discount this year.  There will be holes in this team, this is not the year to “go all in” and trade future picks.

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I see him as a 3rd rounder.   But I'm about boundary receivers in this draft and I don't really see him as one of those.  

I have a 3rd on him too. A pretty high 3rd but a 3rd all the same. 

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The way I see it is everyone knows it's a weak EDGE class. So I'm just accepting this year our EDGE group will not be a strength of the team. And that's fine. The way to solve that problem isn't by reaching for mediocre talents in the top 75 out of desperation. We solve that problem by trying to build an offense that can simply outpace everybody. We hope that Rousseau takes a big step and Von Miller looks even 50% of what he did in 2022. I would rather bet on that and invest in the offensive weapons than reach for say Marshawn Kneeland at #60 because of a perceived drop off after him. Go all in on the positions that are strong in the draft (namely WR and OL) and accept that we won't be dominant at every single position group this season.

I'm with you. If Latu lasted to #28 then, as you know, I'd probably take him. And while it wouldn't my pick I'd understand the reasoning behind Chop at #28 too. But beyond that the three second round grades I have - Trice, Braswell and Isaac - are all more 3-4 rushers for me. I might consider Trice if he is sticking out at #60 because I think he could be developed into a 4-3 end (he'd need to be sticking out) but I'm not sure he is a day 1 starter in this scheme. In round 3 I like Noah Elliss more than most but again not as a Bills fit I think he is a 3-4 outside backer who does his best work from a two point stance.

After those guys, honestly, I just don't like the class. I have a 5th round grade on Kneeland. I don't like him at all. I think he has very little pass rush upside. I think Austin Booker late 3rd / early 4th is someone who'd be of interest and Javon Solomon 4th/5th round too. Then you get into Jalyx Hunt, Brennan Jackson and Myles Cole who I'm fine to throw 5th, 6th, 7th rounders at but are not guys that you draft expecting to get into your rotation much in 2024. 

We have a need at EDGE but you don't make Marshawn Kneeland the answer to that need just by overdrafting him on day 2. You may as well give Shaq Lawson another 1 year vet minimum deal for the value he'd bring. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm with you. If Latu lasted to #28 then, as you know, I'd probably take him. And while it wouldn't my pick I'd understand the reasoning behind Chop at #28 too. But beyond that the three second round grades I have - Trice, Braswell and Isaac - are all more 3-4 rushers for me. I might consider Trice if he is sticking out at #60 because I think he could be developed into a 4-3 end (he'd need to be sticking out) but I'm not sure he is a day 1 starter in this scheme. In round 3 I like Noah Elliss more than most but again not as a Bills fit I think he is a 3-4 outside backer who does his best work from a two point stance.

After those guys, honestly, I just don't like the class. I have a 5th round grade on Kneeland. I don't like him at all. I think he has very little pass rush upside. I think Austin Booker late 3rd / early 4th is someone who'd be of interest and Javon Solomon 4th/5th round too. Then you get into Jalyx Hunt, Brennan Jackson and Myles Cole who I'm fine to throw 5th, 6th, 7th rounders at but are not guys that you draft expecting to get into your rotation much in 2024. 

We have a need at EDGE but you don't make Marshawn Kneeland the answer to that need just by overdrafting him on day 2. You may as well give Shaq Lawson another 1 year vet minimum deal for the value he'd bring. 

I'm a big fan of Javon.  I think he's a great fit for us as a situational pass rusher (wide 9 type).  

He has the lower body bend/balance to arc to the QB, has great explosion.  His size worries me in the run game, but I think he has 8 sack potential as a rookie in our system.  His long arms is a big trait in what Beane looks for as well.  His get off is better than anyone we have, except Von (if he regains prior form). 

Just think Javon makes a ton of sense.  As a 4th rounder, he's better value than Chop at 28, IMO.  I think Javon is in play for Gmen at top of 4th, I'd preferably like to trade both of our 4ths to Arizona to get ahead of them

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I'm a big fan of Javon.  I think he's a great fit for us as a situational pass rusher (wide 9 type).  

He has the lower body bend/balance to arc to the QB, has great explosion.  His size worries me in the run game, but I think he has 8 sack potential as a rookie in our system.  His long arms is a big trait in what Beane looks for as well.  His get off is better than anyone we have, except Von (if he regains prior form). 

Just think Javon makes a ton of sense.  As a 4th rounder, he's better value than Chop at 28, IMO.  I think Javon is in play for Gmen at top of 4th, I'd preferably like to trade both of our 4ths to Arizona to get ahead of them

Yea he is a situational pass rusher early rather than a 3 down player. But he does have some tools as you say. He explodes off the snap. 

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What do you think about Braiden McGregor? He made some big plays for Michigan, he is long and athletic and sets the edge. His sack production was so-so, but as a rotational piece, I think he could fit well here. He seems like a guy who has fallen through the cracks a bit. A little under the radar. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

What do you think about Braiden McGregor? He made some big plays for Michigan, he is long and athletic and sets the edge. His sack production was so-so, but as a rotational piece, I think he could fit well here. He seems like a guy who has fallen through the cracks a bit. A little under the radar. 

Honestly not a guy I've really got into the tape on. I'll watch the vid you linked, thanks. But my impression of him from watching Michigan on TV was again he is a two point stance rusher who you couldn't really use in anything other than pure pass rush situations and I don't know if he is sufficiently skilled as a rusher to be someone you want to take a starter off the field for in those packages. 

EDIT: That is a nice set of highlights though. If I get time I'll dive in a bit deeper. Like his run reads. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2

Surprised at how little talk there has been about RB.  There are carries to be had in this offense and snaps to play as a pass blocker.  I think we are taking one with a 4th and that player will get a fair bit of run (assuming they are more physical than Cook and Johnson).  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Surprised at how little talk there has been about RB.  There are carries to be had in this offense and snaps to play as a pass blocker.  I think we are taking one with a 4th and that player will get a fair bit of run (assuming they are more physical than Cook and Johnson).  

I would wait until the 5th or 6th to go down that hole. There are also a good number of vets still out there JK Dobbins, Dalvin Cook, Boston Scott, Zeke Elliot, Kareem Hunt, Cam Akers...dudes who at some point are going to have to take a nothing deal. Cam Akers is the same age as a bunch of these guys in the draft. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
Akers actually tore his achilles so thats probably out
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I don't want a small-small prospect. I want big-big prospects.

With a draft that is short on draft able prospects I would expect a lot of G5 and FCS prospects to get drafted late this year with the idea that they can develop into something down the line 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

With a draft that is short on draft able prospects I would expect a lot of G5 and FCS prospects to get drafted late this year with the idea that they can develop into something down the line 

I agree with your point. I was just joking about Talbot's typo.