Bills top 30 visits

Seems pretty likely we’re taking an RB this year. 

Guessing 2 WR’s, a DE, DT, S, CB, RB, and and IOL. That’s 8 picks, allowing Beane to use 2 picks to move up at some point (or 3 if a 3rd is coming back). 

Of course it can play out differently, just seems likely. 

• Like (+1) 5

On 4/18/2024 at 5:17 PM, DJB said:

It’s clear with all the rotation of power backs we’ve brought in that haven’t gotten it done that we are interested in drafting one

Its a shame we aren’t waiting until next yer though when the class is infinitely better than this historically bad class 

lol it was the fact that we only have 2 smaller in stature RBs in the room after FA that gave the interest away to me.  Theyll def take one, but I dont think they are looking for a workhorse.  Should be able to find a back that can convert short yardage and provide pass blocking.  Everything else is gravy to me. 

Do you think we should wait until next year for that?  Feel like there are a lot of those players available every year.

21 minutes ago, LEBills said:

As an FSU fan, Fiske is the guy I want to see on the Bills. Great guy by all accounts, incredibly hard worker, relentless motor, and has the will to want to dominate. Love the kid, mentality, and player. I think he has a chance to go in the top 40 and should be gone by 50 but he is an older prospect 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

As an FSU fan, Fiske is the guy I want to see on the Bills. Great guy by all accounts, incredibly hard worker, relentless motor, and has the will to want to dominate. Love the kid, mentality, and player. I think he has a chance to go in the top 40 and should be gone by 50 but he is an older prospect 

What do you think of Lovett as a late round 1 tech?

4 minutes ago, LEBills said:

What do you think of Lovett as a late round 1 tech?

Yea he’s interesting because of his size and arm length. 

He was injured a lot at Florida State. Was one of their first big time transfers when Norvell got there and there was big hype for him as a guy who could dominate but ended up as a backup DT by the end of his career behind Fiske and Joshua Farmer(who will be a high round pick next year or the year after)

If he can stay healthy he can be a solid rotational 1 Tech in the NFL but I have my doubts about that. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

I dont see him as anything but the second 3 tech on the roster.  Tough to draft a guy at 60 to be a back up.  Oliver coming off a career year and new extension isnt going anywhere.  His game doesnt really fit as a 1 tech.    

31 minutes ago, LEBills said:

There have been rumblings on Twitter that he will be a late first round pick Thursday 

I really like Paul. I think he is better than some of these tweeners. He is a pure left tackle and his floor is early second round, but I could totally see him sneaking in the first for whoever misses out on Morgan. 

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Updated listing. Notice that Troy Franklin and Tez Walker are the only two WR's with 3 interactions. 

image.thumb.png.50de1ebda6a7783a5cfa1865b7608da0.png

I don’t want Walker at all before the 4th and not crazy about Franklin, either.  FWIW, Daniel Jeremiah’s final rankings has Franklin 76th.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1. Marshawn Kneeland DT WMU

2. Khristian Boyd DT UNI

3. Audric Estime RB Notre Dame

4. Tez Walker WR UNC

5. Trey Benson RB FSU

6. Brian Thomas Jr. WR LSU

7. Troy Franklin WR Oregon

8. Ryan Flournoy WR SEMU

9. Jordan Morgan OT Arizona

10. Xavier Worthy WR Texas

11. Maason Smith DT LSU

12. Andru Phillips CB Kentucky

13. Keon Coleman WR FSU

14. Laiatu Latu DE UCLA

15. Cooper DeJean CB/S Iowa

16. Ruke Orhorhoro DT Clemson

17. Qwan’Tez Stiggers CB CFL

18. Patrick Paul OT Houston

**MJ Devonshire CB Pitt** Was a 30 visit but doesn't count because he is local

Still missing 12 players that visited which is a lot 3 days before the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 4/22/2024 at 3:00 PM, Mat68 said:

I dont see him as anything but the second 3 tech on the roster.  Tough to draft a guy at 60 to be a back up.  Oliver coming off a career year and new extension isnt going anywhere.  His game doesnt really fit as a 1 tech.    

Yes it maybe a back up role but back up 3 tech will get a lot of snaps.  They will likely play ~50% of the snaps.  Do we have another position where a player @ 60 could get that many snaps (let alone impactful snaps)?  Safety, WR, iOL are the only ones I can think of.  Safety and iOL they would have to beat a vet for the job which shouldnt be an expectation, and I would argue 70% of snaps at WR is less impactful than 50% snaps at DT because every DT snap matters and not every WR snap matters. 

In terms of Ed's contract, I like the idea of him and a rookie ending their contracts at similar times so we can presumably have his replacement ready to go when his extension is at an end.   I dont think that would be a tough pill to stomach.  I would be pumped for obvious passing downs to have Rousseau, Fiske, Ed, AJ.  Thats a young group that I think could get after it (especially up the middle).

Does anyone have the full list of top 30 prospects the Bills brought in? I only see 18 players on most lists... 

Audric Estime, RB, Notre Dame

Trey Benson, RB, FSU

Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas

Ryan Flournoy, WR, Southeast Missouri State

Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon

Tez Walker, WR, UNC

Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona

Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

Maason Smith, DT, LSU 

Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa

Marshawn Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan

Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA 

Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa

Qwan’Tez Stiggers, CB, Argonauts

Andru Phillips, DB, Kentucky

MJ Devonshire, CB, Pitt

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

Does anyone have the full list of top 30 prospects the Bills brought in? I only see 18 players on most lists... 

Audric Estime, RB, Notre Dame

Trey Benson, RB, FSU

Keon Coleman, WR, Florida State

Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas

Ryan Flournoy, WR, Southeast Missouri State

Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon

Tez Walker, WR, UNC

Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona

Patrick Paul, OT, Houston

Ruke Orhorhoro, DT, Clemson

Maason Smith, DT, LSU 

Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa

Marshawn Kneeland, DE, Western Michigan

Laiatu Latu, EDGE, UCLA 

Cooper DeJean, DB, Iowa

Qwan’Tez Stiggers, CB, Argonauts

Andru Phillips, DB, Kentucky

MJ Devonshire, CB, Pitt

So far those are all that have been reported though Beane said they have used all 30

22 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yes it maybe a back up role but back up 3 tech will get a lot of snaps.  They will likely play ~50% of the snaps.  Do we have another position where a player @ 60 could get that many snaps (let alone impactful snaps)?  Safety, WR, iOL are the only ones I can think of.  Safety and iOL they would have to beat a vet for the job which shouldnt be an expectation, and I would argue 70% of snaps at WR is less impactful than 50% snaps at DT because every DT snap matters and not every WR snap matters. 

In terms of Ed's contract, I like the idea of him and a rookie ending their contracts at similar times so we can presumably have his replacement ready to go when his extension is at an end.   I dont think that would be a tough pill to stomach.  I would be pumped for obvious passing downs to have Rousseau, Fiske, Ed, AJ.  Thats a young group that I think could get after it (especially up the middle).

I think you get more out of edge at 60.  Same ability to enter the rotation but replacement for Von Miller is more pressing than replacement for Jones.  Having the ability to collapse the edge without leveraging the rush lane is more important in the NFL vs college.  Trice, Braswell, Issac or Kneeland imo would be more impactful than fiske day 1 and a clearer path to a larger role in 25.