2025 comp picks - good 1st day for that

eSJayDee

5 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

So far we've signed no one & lost 2 players (Floyd, Davis) who signed pretty decent contracts.  Trubisky & Morse don't count either way as they were released.

In the shape we're in, I'd hope they aren't letting possible picks next year stop them from making acquisitions that can help the team now. We're not in a position roster wise to be focusing solely on mid round picks in a year.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

In the shape we're in, I'd hope they aren't letting possible picks next year stop them from making acquisitions that can help the team now. We're not in a position roster wise to be focusing solely on mid round picks in a year.

I'm sure Beane wishes he had $30M in cap to spend, but he doesn't.  The comp pick discussion is driven by that fact.

If Beane sees a deal, he will do it.

10 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

So far we've signed no one & lost 2 players (Floyd, Davis) who signed pretty decent contracts.  Trubisky & Morse don't count either way as they were released.

Floyd doesn’t count.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm sure Beane wishes he had $30M in cap to spend, but he doesn't.  The comp pick discussion is driven by that fact.

If Beane sees a deal, he will do it.

I understand the position we're in and I'm not expecting anything big. Just to say that I would hope in the shape we're in with the roster that he wouldn't pass on something that we could do to improve the team now with eyes on the comp formula for next season. Especially with how we were done this year.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Floyd doesn’t count.

Why not?  Because of the "void years"?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2023/6/12/23758041/explaining-how-the-nfl-works-part-18-the-compensatory-formula-free-agents-draft-picks-steelers

The first step is to determine if a player who signed with a new team is a CFA. First, they must be an unrestricted free agent and not a street free agent. Second, they could not be a player who potentially had more years under contract with the team. If there was a team option that was not exercised, or at any point in their contract a player renegotiated their deal for fewer years, they are not eligible to be a CFAs. If there are void years in a players contract, these do not preclude the player from being a CFA.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He does.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Why not?  Because of the "void years"?

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2023/6/12/23758041/explaining-how-the-nfl-works-part-18-the-compensatory-formula-free-agents-draft-picks-steelers

The first step is to determine if a player who signed with a new team is a CFA. First, they must be an unrestricted free agent and not a street free agent. Second, they could not be a player who potentially had more years under contract with the team. If there was a team option that was not exercised, or at any point in their contract a player renegotiated their deal for fewer years, they are not eligible to be a CFAs. If there are void years in a players contract, these do not preclude the player from being a CFA.

I stand corrected. Cherish this moment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Comp picks are fake. Don't count on them. They reviewed this year's again & still kept us & SF at 4th round but gave Cincy a 3rd round. Totally not worth it. No one seems to really understand the supposed "formula", Beane & the experts said it would be a 3rd & planned accordingly. We'll give up talent & end up with a 7th next year. Until they fix it so the process is transparent & everyone can understand it & know what they'll actually get, it's about as real as the Easter bunny and as reliable as Nathan Peterman in the 1st half of a Bills game.