Is anything being done about injury prevention?

Just curious if those in the know, know if Buffalo is changing anything about their conditioning program.  Yes, every team has injuries, but Buffalo was absolutely crippled by them, both in number and the quality of player taken down.  And it's been two seasons in a row now.

To be clear, I'm asking seriously.  I'm no doc, or that knowledgable about the specifics of the different injuries or how teams handle this kind of stuff.  I know it's been bad luck, and I honestly don't know if there is anything we could change/improve to try and help cut down on them.

I think this team can go all the way, and would hate to see a third straight season sniped by yet another epidemic of injuries.

I hope we're not playing overseas this year.  And I'm not thrilled we're at Detroit again.  Hope their turf doesn't claim more victims. >.>

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I’m no doctor but I suspect that there’s not much one can do about a broken leg, (Milano) but older guys bodies are older, and likely more prone to muscle ,tendon and acl /mcl injuries, with age comes less elasticity the human body is what it is.  It’s not that these injuries can’t Happen to a 23 / 24 year old but I think you all get what I’m saying. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I know that they’ve touted their training and recovery facilities and program in the past. Those are supposed to be quite good. I think the main thing that they are doing now is getting younger. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Bills already do what they can. They have top notch facilities and equipment, they monitor reps, give rest days, are conservative with recovery times, etc.

It mostly comes down to bad luck.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, The Red King said:

but Buffalo was absolutely crippled by them, both in number and the quality of player taken down. 

Can you post some data that backs this up?  I believe this to be a completely false statement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

I know Bills are building a new stadium but I think they should build a new practice field so less impact on players while practicing meanwhile.

They already did that a few years back. All grass. Indoors is artificial I believe.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

Rumor has it they are being entombed in bubble wrap when not in the facilities, and have also employed the use of fortune tellers and psychics to help predict and eliminate all risk.

Remember, don't get out of bed, there's risk everywhere!

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, The Red King said:

Just curious if those in the know, know if Buffalo is changing anything about their conditioning program.  Yes, every team has injuries, but Buffalo was absolutely crippled by them, both in number and the quality of player taken down.  And it's been two seasons in a row now.

To be clear, I'm asking seriously.  I'm no doc, or that knowledgable about the specifics of the different injuries or how teams handle this kind of stuff.  I know it's been bad luck, and I honestly don't know if there is anything we could change/improve to try and help cut down on them.

I think this team can go all the way, and would hate to see a third straight season sniped by yet another epidemic of injuries.

I hope we're not playing overseas this year.  And I'm not thrilled we're at Detroit again.  Hope their turf doesn't claim more victims. >.>

I think part of it was older players with a lot of milage on them.  But, the last couple of years has really raised concerns about our training programs and ataff.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, The Red King said:

I don't think conditioning really has anything to do with tearing ACLs or an Achilles or spraining an ankle. Those are just unfortunate injuries that happen and even players in the best conditioning program can get them. Those are just caused by stepping wrong on the field in the moment. Conditioning would be more about keeping guys in shape and not getting hamstring injuries and stuff like that.  

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Jackson & Benford seem to be constantly hurt.  Not sure relying on Benford moving forward is a smart idea.

I don’t remember Benford being hurt at all really his rookie season. Or am I misremembering? 

11 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Played in only 9 games in his rookie season.

Hmmm. Not sure how I didn’t think that. He was actually healthier this year than I thought he was. Playing in 15 games. Idk, give him year 3 I guess but your right, usually it’s a trend and I bring that up all the time with guys like Milano, Epenesa, Jones, Phillips, etc. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Please, please tell me you're kidding. 😆

confirmed another case of someones gut feeling/ excuses with no useful factual information. 

For instance, for 2022 when the Bills were supposedly had an epidemic of injuries (your words)...the Bills were actually had among the least games lost due to injury.  

https://twitter.com/ManGamesLostNFL/status/1613667261696319489/photo/1

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Thank you (+1) 3