Justin Simmons released 👀

Simmons will be 31 this year. Signing him would fly in the face of the "we need to get younger" mantra that was clearly directed towards the Safety position. We'd just be trading one expensive aging cast off for another.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Simmons will be 31 this year. Signing him would fly in the face of the "we need to get younger" mantra that was clearly directed towards the Safety position. We'd just be trading one expensive aging cast off for another.

Well isnt Simmons a few years younger than Hyde and Poyer😎  It depends what kind of market he has, but a 2 year deal might make sense to keep veteran quality on the back end. He’d be an upgrade

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Too old. Another old often injured player.

Let's stay the course and get younger

6 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Too old. Another old often injured player.

Let's stay the course and get younger

They did though. Do we want everyone young? Rapp is 26. I’m not saying sign Simmons but I want a safety that knows how to lineup a defense.  But also not very expensive. They are out there.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

14 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

14 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Well isnt Simmons a few years younger than Hyde and Poyer😎  It depends what kind of market he has, but a 2 year deal might make sense to keep veteran quality on the back end. He’d be an upgrade

I mean... I think he's probably better than either of them.  So the mantra can just be - we need to get better.  

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

Bills making a move for Simmons?? 👀

Hopefully it’s team friendly as he’s getting up there in age…

Hopefully the reported deals for Savage, McKinney, Jones, Byard and even Geno Stone are all more than what we’d pay him…

Somehow I think someone’s going to give him $8m+ a year…

9 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Random dude on Twitter named Dick Trickle with 321 followers and no official job in the media - citing a "source" speaking on a meeting that's against league rules?

seems legit doctor who GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If Buffalo signs Simmons, I will be 100% convinced that they (Beane and McDermott) longer have any semblance of a plan and are officially throwing darts hoping to save their jobs.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

If Buffalo signs Simmons, I will be 100% convinced that they (Beane and McDermott) longer have any semblance of a plan and are officially throwing darts hoping to save their jobs.

yea because signing a 4 time All-Pro who is younger than Poyer and Hyde means they are cluess? Give me a break

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

Yeah, when they said "we need to get younger" - I can't imagine they meant swapping a guy who's turning 33 for a guy who's turning 31.

• Like (+1) 1