Von Miller takes pay cut

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Von Miller is a washed up NFL football player that is a distraction. If Von Miller was a team player he should retire. The Buffalo Bills should have never signed him. Von Miller should have been released today he has no value as a NFL player anymore and certainly can’t help

the Bills other than sitting on his but with a Bills jacket wrapped around himself playing sparely. At least the Chuck Knox over the hill 1980’s Buffalo Bills players like Conrad Dobler had some professional pride and gave the 1980 Bills something. Von Miller has given the Bills nothing total waste of a Bills roster spot. I don’t want to hear about Von Miller’s knee Conrad Dobler had bad knees without the medical technology we have today to repair his knee. Suck it and play Von Miller or retire in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Agree with this about 99%. There is that 1% chance that he comes back and is at least serviceable as a backup. Something like in the Shaq Lawson role, except on the field in obvious passing situations only. The part I agree with you with is that he’s most likely toast. But in this case we save a bunch of money, keep someone on the roster for a DE depth spot, and just cut him next year when we aren’t in cap hell. Or maybe, just maybe, he realizes he’s done and can’t come back and just calls it a career after or firing this season. 

39 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Super interesting, but I bet those "hard to reach incentives" were attainable in Von's eyes, which is why he agreed to it.

The magic number for those incentives is 10.  Not 10 sacks, but a combination of 10 tackles or QB pressures.

Von stole a lot of money last season, and he’s fortunate to not be arrested or banished from the league.  He owed Beane who took Von under his wing as a GM wannabe.  but still surprising to see.

Just now, zow2 said:

Von stole a lot of money last season, and he’s fortunate to not be arrested or banished from the league.  He owed Beane who took Von under his wing as a GM wannabe.  but still surprising to see.

He didn't steal anything. He was recovering from a serious knee injury. 

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

How is the team going to be competitive when players know that the team will make even the best player take a pay cut? No one would want to come to Buffalo if they know that’s gonna happen 

His salary will be reduced, it has zero affect on anyone coming here, ya gonna say the same thing about Von? Or dumping White or Poyer? Brady understood what it took to have a competitive team, Allen will do the same, he will just push money out further, but it is coming.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

He didn't steal anything. He was recovering from a serious knee injury. 

That was stupid.  by all parties. You don’t rehab in live games. Not at that position where the bend is critical.

42 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We were always going to be in play in FA. We were always going to get under the cap and make some moves. I still wouldn't expect anything big ticket at any position though.

If we restructure Allen and Dawkins, maybe Knox.  I could see a big ticket FA.  If they backload a couple contracts,  could make a big splash.

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yup. But we’ll never know will we 

Nope and don’t care. I will take Von on a reduced contract that is incentive laden over who at Edge Kingsley Jonathan at this point? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

His salary will be reduced, it has zero affect on anyone coming here, ya gonna say the same thing about Von? Or dumping White or Poyer? Brady understood what it took to have a competitive team, Allen will do the same, he will just push money out further, but it is coming.

But that’s not taking a pay cut-what Brady did is completely different than what Josh will do. Josh will still get his money and rightfully so, his cap hit will be reduced 

So for seemingly no reason at all, Von agreed to give us $8.6 million in cap relief this year.

This is one time where I will say Beane is a wizard. I have no clue how he pulled it off. Just insane that before even restructuring Allen's contract we have already gotten under the salary cap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I mean he can’t afford to bring in any talent to replace the talent that aged out, which is a bad place imo. Beane is now forced to hit on every pick he makes and every signing he does, which he has struggled with.

Don't we have 11 picks?  If he hits on every one of them, we're a dynasty in the making.  We just need to find two safeties, a kick returner and a center.  None of those need be big ticket items either.

40 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I am hoping Beane avoids restructuring Josh, which just kicks the problem down the road another season. That’s how Beane ended up where he is today.

Restructuring Josh will be fine because he will always be on the team…We just need to avoid restructuring Diggs…👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

Don't we have 11 picks?  If he hits on every one of them, we're a dynasty in the making.  We just need to find two safeties, a kick returner and a center.  None of those need be big ticket items either.

He'll bring in a big ticket player, I'm  betting on 2 of them. 

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Restructuring Josh will be fine because he will always be on the team…We just need to avoid restructuring Diggs…👍

Could Diggs be reworked? He’s due 18.5 mil on March 17th. That would be interesting.  It would give us more space & possibly make him more tradeable if either party wanted that

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

what bet? He wasn’t getting more on the market so he will try to play under his already guaranteed salary instead of getting cut and collecting the same elsewhere -subsidized by the bills- and with the humbling nature of being signed to a cheaper and shorter deal

Thanks.  I think you're right. 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So for seemingly no reason at all, Von agreed to give us $8.6 million in cap relief this year.

This is one time where I will say Beane is a wizard. I have no clue how he pulled it off. Just insane that before even restructuring Allen's contract we have already gotten under the salary cap.

Allen + Dion + Taron could get us to 35-40 mil in space I think…?