Von Miller takes pay cut

If Von earns it all back and we have to deal with it in ‘25, that’s a great problem to have .. even further amplified by the Bills likely - at that point - wanting to keep him around.

Beane knows he has to nail this draft.  

That’s how all these worries go away.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Actually I think he legitimately thinks he can still play and this new deal gives him the opportunity to earn more than what he was scheduled to earn.

Think about it folks... you can almost guarantee that 2 of the "hard to reach incentives" put in his contract are tackles and sacks.

That means if he gets more tackles than 2023, he reaches that incentive and earns more.

That wouldn't be hard considering he had 3 tackles

If he gets more sacks than in 2023, he reaches that incentive and earns more.

That wouldn't be hard considering he had 0 sacks.

My bet is another incentive will be games played or active, and considering he started the season on PUP, that might not be hard for him, either.

So yes, this is a solid for Buffalo, but he may legitimately believe he's about to earn more than he was scheduled... and all of that money goes on next year's CAP.

Come on, the incentive won't be on last year's production.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

what??!  Allen is THE FRANCHISE  if you restructure anyone it’s him

The team is waiting on Allen’s restructure because of PR. It would be a lot tougher to blame all these moves on being in salary cap hell if people were to see the numbers after his restructure. It’s a common tactic. 

Edited by BarleyNY

6 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I am hoping Beane avoids restructuring Josh, which just kicks the problem down the road another season. That’s how Beane ended up where he is today.

he’s not in a particularly bad place today

9 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

A great move by Beane.

However, I have to give Von some credit here. He was under no obligation to restructure or take a cut. Yet my gut feel is that he knows he has vacuumed up a substantial portion of our cap over the past two seasons with not much to show for it. I suspect this is is his way of making amends. I like it.

Also his incident this past season with his gf or whatever, with litterally no re percussions. Good on him though. Team first 

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Wow… Von, respect. 

Can’t help but think the organization’s handling of him and his off field issues played a role in this.  I have no idea what he has or hasn’t done - all I see is how the team and Von are responding.   

He clearly loves Beane and this staff.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Von wants to win and this proved it. Coming back from ACL injury especially at his age isn't easy. To take a pay cut when you had guaranteed money on the table I am good with him remaining on the team even if he never returns to form.

• Agree 1

I don't want to hear one time this season that Von isn't a team player. He didn't have to do this. This is a team first move all the way. Immediate cap savings and he is betting on himself which means he'll be going all out every snap to try & make plays to hit those incentives.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

what??!  Allen is THE FRANCHISE  if you restructure anyone it’s him

I think restructuring kicks money down the road that eventually must be cap hit dollars. It’s not about giving up years of Allen, it’s about paying for him now when the team is weaker and not having huge cap hits in a few years when the team is better.

I don't want to hear one time this season that Von isn't a team player. He didn't have to do this. This is a team first move all the way. Immediate cap savings and he is betting on himself which means he'll be going all out every snap to try & make plays to hit those incentives.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2