Bills releasing Hines

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Didn’t Beane previously state he told Hines he’d be on the roster? 

I'm pretty sure he told the media he wouldn't be released 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

A lot of people here hang on every word he says … even when he has shown a number of times that he will say one thing and do another …

Which he is totally right to do

In retrospect, it seemed to be a blessing in disguise for the O that this high cost special teamer went down. We only fumbled one kickoff all year, and we were able to play bigger #2 and 3 backs to complement Cook.  Harty’s one play won the division and the 2 seed. 

You guys spend way more time on this cap stuff than I do so I’m interested in what anyone guesses the next two or three moves will be. Put another way, if Mc Govern and Hines were the lowest hanging fruit; whose on the next branch up? Who else gets whacked (not just restructured)? 

26 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

A lot of people here hang on every word he says … even when he has shown a number of times that he will say one thing and do another …

Did you read the last line of the tweet? It says he will most likely be brought back for Training Camp.

He was "released". But that's just to rip the current contract he has to shreds and bring him back on veteran minimum. Which is the best of both worlds.

Frees up the max amount of money we can and still have him like he said we would.

4 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I had high hopes for that pick up. He seemed exactly what Bills needed (under Brady )in hindsight LOL

And he will remain legend for those amazing Returns.

best wishes to him

2 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

He wasn't that great before he got hurt. Didn't contribute much to the offense.

Wasn't used that much in the Offense you mean might mean ?

40 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

So you saying he's got good vision? 😁

Johnson should be an easy re-sign but think he isn't a RB2, I'd look to add a vet with size or draft a kid on day 3.

Yep need a between the tackles RB who can pick up the pass rush etc
Vet

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

I’ll be completely honest. If beane and co spend anything higher than a 5th on an RB, I will call for him to be fired.

Will Shipley would fit nicely.  Think we can get him in the 4th round

This is a Taiwan Jones scenario.

Everyone that wanted him gone is celebrating and doing the "I told you so's".

Completely ignorning the fact that the release very clearly says he's most likely being brought back for Training Camp. Something that isn't said to the media in an outright "you're gone" release.

48 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just the many multiple of people who say they are going to quit board and don't.

With Beane he meant it at time but circumstances change and smart people change when they do.

23 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Did you read the last line of the tweet? It says he will most likely be brought back for Training Camp.

He was "released". But that's just to rip the current contract he has to shreds and bring him back on veteran minimum. Which is the best of both worlds.

Frees up the max amount of money we can and still have him like he said we would.

“most likely “…let’s see what happens ..

He also said a couple of weeks before signing Von Miller not to expect any free agency splashes… 

I don’t have a problem with him not always telling the truth about what he  is planning to do… it’s part of the game … my issue is with people here pointing to what he says and trying to use this as some type of evidence about the future plans ..

In relation to Hines… I hope he recovers from his injury and plays again on this team …I have always thought he could be an asset to this team with his returning ability and catching passes out of the backfield ..

Edited by Aussie Joe

Such is the story of fringe guys on the roster, when belt tightening is a priority, these sort of moves should surprise no-one, is it Harty or someone else? Who’s next…, 

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Interesting! I knew that he wasn't going anywhere, but I figured it would be a restructure.

This sounds like they decided he's vet minimum and that the only way to do that was to rip up his contract completely and re-sign him to a new deal.

Good move. Though i'd update the title to "Hines Released - Most Likely to Return". People celebrating his being gone and skipping over that he'll most likely be back.

I think "should be back for training camp" is for 1 of 32 teams who sign him, not likely the Bills

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

By Bills releasing Nyheim Hines the Bills are giving him ammo to his legal team will pursue legal action against those he believed were responsible for the crash that injury impacted him financially.

He made significant impact on special teams and because he was traded mid-season he did not have time to be integrated into offense.

He will sue.

He will prevail in court.

But he won't see much of his settlement money. You can't get blood from a stone. It's a long shot that whoever hit him has insurance that will cover this. Even if they have insurance, it's likely to be only half a million or less.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boater said:

He will sue.

He will prevail in court.

But he won't see much of his settlement money. You can't get blood from a stone. It's a long shot that whoever hit him has insurance that will cover this. Even if they have insurance, it's likely to be only half a million or less.

They may be also trying to sue the rental company who rented the vehicle which hit him.