Who Would You Trade Up For, And How Far Would You Go Up To Get Them?

H2o

I would only stand pat or trade down. No matter how sure I may be of a prospect, or how high I have him graded, history tells us time and time again that I’m just as likely to get it wrong as I am to get it right. Almost assuredly there’ll be a guy taken after the player I select who will be even more productive at the position. That’s just how every NFL draft goes and I shake my head at the ones here who want to mortgage the future on a single player who may or may not work out. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

16 Seattle for Odunze / Brian Thomas Jr

19 LAR - 20 PIT  for AD Mitchell / Worthy

25 GB for any of above / Legette / Franklin

Multiple of those guys will be there at 28, so why would you trade up?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This has Sammy Watkins vibes.  We traded up to get Watkins in a WR rich draft, that was a mistake and even though he was the #1 WR prospect that year, he saw guys go after him that dwarfed his on field production.  

There is no one in this draft I would make a big move to get...The ONLY position you do that for is QB.  Any other position is a colossal mistake IMHO.  I could see us moving up to like low 20's or something where the compensation is more reasonable, but only if a guy they covet is there who they have a significantly higher grade on than who might be there at 28.

I think its more likely we stay at 28 and wouldn't even be surprised if we traded back a little bit and picked up some extra draft capital if there was say a handful of guys they liked at 28 still on the board.  

or is it Julio Jones vibes? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Multiple of those guys will be there at 28, so why would you trade up?  

Agreed. At worst, I'm pretty sure WR7 will be on the board when we pick. I don't see any chance that 8 WR's will go before 28.

That said, i'd hope we would try and move up a few picks if a 6th WR came off the board a number of picks before us. In my opinion, there's a bit of a drop off in terms of what we're looking for after WR7.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Agreed. At worst, I'm pretty sure WR7 will be on the board when we pick. I don't see any chance that 8 WR's will go before 28.

That said, i'd hope we would try and move up a few picks if a 6th WR came off the board a number of picks before us. In my opinion, there's a bit of a drop off in terms of what we're looking for after WR7.

id almost rather move back if 6 go before our pick 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

or is it Julio Jones vibes? 

How many Super Bowls did Atlanta win with Julio Jones?  How many years did Atlanta have a great offense and bad defense because they had no talent on defense and struggled to even make the playoffs or flat out missed the playoffs?

Julio Jones trade is not an example of a success story when the goal is a SB win and sustained SB contention.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No way.

If 7 guys go, sure. But if even one of Thomas, Worthy, Mitchell, or Legette are there - you take them. There's a drop off after that in my eyes between what we're looking for and who we interviewed for the job.

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

I’d do the kc trade if odunze gets out of the top ten. Next years one

No, no it is irresponsible to be trading away that kind of draft capital when you’re going to have to start replacing your veterans with young talent due to having a franchise QB on the books

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

We could get about 10 4th round picks for our 1st.  How can you go wrong. 

Just think of all the rotational DEs, RBs, and CBs McDermott can take with that. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

How many Super Bowls did Atlanta win with Julio Jones?  How many years did Atlanta have a great offense and bad defense because they had no talent on defense and struggled to even make the playoffs or flat out missed the playoffs?

Julio Jones trade is not an example of a success story when the goal is a SB win and sustained SB contention.  

How many Superbowls for the Bills with Beane and McDermott spending tons of FA money and high draft picks on the defense?

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s crazy that so many still don’t realize the difference between having the best qb in the league vs the second best in your own division and that’s maybe 10-12 in the league. Matt Ryan isn’t a guy capable of being the leader of that success.

the dolphins failures the last couple years weren’t the tyreek trade, for instance 

im not pounding the table to make the move but if it’s netting a truly elite player im not complaining about it either 

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

No, no it is irresponsible to be trading away that kind of draft capital when you’re going to have to start replacing your veterans with young talent due to having a franchise QB on the books

Sounds irresponsible not to try your best to win one when you put it like that

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, mrags said:

Just think of all the rotational DEs, RBs, and CBs McDermott can take with that. 

ironically we have only drafted 2 players in the 4th round under McBean. Gabe and Taron. 

Edited by nedboy7