So Who Is Real and Who is Fake Around Here Anyway?

@Doc  A practicing radiologist I believe. Real or fake doctor?

@Joe Ferguson forever  A retired physician, a David Brooks style Bobo (bohemian bourgeoisie) with good taste in music. Real or fake (retired) doctor?

@NC Bills Fan  A practicing bioscientist of some sort with appalling taste in music. Real or fake biologist? (Pretending to like that Rich Men North of Richmond thing?)

@SoCal Deek  Our former contributor, a retired Bobo architect, the last straight man in Palm Springs, with good taste in cars. Real or fake architect?

@Chef Jim  Our former contributor, gave up the chicken parm life for the "I'll take 1% of your net assets" life. Real chef or not?

@The Frankish Reich Know-it-all aging lawyer and lower level Deep Stater. Real or fake lawyer?

Let's get this settled once and for all. Add other suspect resume posters as you think of them.

• Haha (+1) 3

The only real doctors are medical doctors. Radiologist would be real doctor based on that requirement. Other than that I have no contribution to the discussion regarding the supposed physicians on the board.

BillsFanNC I tussled with some time back on the subject of nutrition, long before DR took his leave of the board. Those who do not remember DR's profession will be missing the largest piece of evidence that they are not the same person.

Based on verbiage used in topics related to architecture I'm inclined to believe that Deek is a real architect.

I can confirm that Chef is both a real chef and a real drummer.

All lawyers are fake, but not all lawyers are fake lawyers. IYKYK.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Those who do not remember DR's profession will be missing the largest piece of evidence that they are not the same person

DR was admittedly a struggling screenwriter. Hey, maybe he was writing a spec script with a nutritionist protagonist with far right-wing politics.

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

I'm still working through this logical conundrum. Nicely put at any rate.

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

The only real doctors are medical doctors. Radiologist would be real doctor based on that requirement. Other than that I have no contribution to the discussion regarding the supposed physicians on the board.

BillsFanNC I tussled with some time back on the subject of nutrition, long before DR took his leave of the board. Those who do not remember DR's profession will be missing the largest piece of evidence that they are not the same person.

Finding Qanon is a real sleuth I tell ya!

Doesn't everyone know that DR wrote the scripts for Contagion and Outbreak? 

That's all the evidence you need to show we are the same. Molecular virologist + writer. Boom. Case solved!

What a friggin moron.

:lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Brink back Deek and Chef.

Deek: real architect. Pretty reasonable even though we disagreed more than we agreed.

Chef: ran hot and cold. I suppose real Chef because why wouldn't he be. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Molecular virologist

Fake.

Lab assistant.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Deek: real architect. Pretty reasonable even though we disagreed more than we agreed.

Chef: ran hot and cold. I suppose real Chef because why wouldn't he be. 

Though I often disagreed with them, my impression was that they were good people.

22 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

So my views on this are documented

There was a discussion a while back about RFK Jr. suggesting that Jews were somehow immune from COVID. I pointed out that there was no genetic or other factor posited in support of that silly (and antisemitic) notion. A certain poster who supposedly has some training in medicine replied as follows:

Tays-Sachs?

This struck me as so stupid that I started to have my own doubts about that poster's credentials ....

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There was a discussion a while back about RFK Jr. suggesting that Jews were somehow immune from COVID. I pointed out that there was no genetic or other factor posited in support of that silly (and antisemitic) notion. A certain poster who supposedly has some training in medicine replied as follows:

Tays-Sachs?

This struck me as so stupid that I started to have my own doubts about that poster's credentials ....

That sounds like snark to me. Was it in a quote post responding to you or just a one liner in the RFK thread? I have some memory of this but not perfect.

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

That sounds like snark to me. Was it in a quote post responding to you or just a one liner in the RFK thread? I have some memory of this but not perfect.

Pretty sure that was the one line response. And not snark because there's nothing funny about a fatal neurological disease ...

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Pretty sure that was the one line response. And not snark because there's nothing funny about a fatal neurological disease ...

Well that's just one lawyer's opinion.

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I just messaged Deranged Rhino over on the adult bills board. 

He is so happy to still be in your heads

Why do you guys choose to participate here when they have a safe place cultivated for DR and all you simps?

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Why do you guys choose to participate here when they have a safe place cultivated for DR and all you simps?

Where else would we get your insightful and well thought out posts? Your intelligent and well meaning opinions on the political landscape? Your sensitive and tolerant responses that show up in all of your posts? Where else, I ask you?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

@Doc  A practicing radiologist anesthesiologist I believe. Real or fake doctor?

@Joe Ferguson forever  A retired physician, a David Brooks style Bobo (bohemian bourgeoisie) with good taste in music. Real or fake (retired) doctor?

@NC Bills Fan  A practicing bioscientist of some sort with appalling taste in music. Real or fake biologist? (Pretending to like that Rich Men North of Richmond thing?)

@SoCal Deek  Our former contributor, a retired Bobo architect, the last straight man in Palm Springs, with good taste in cars. Real or fake architect?

@Chef Jim  Our former contributor, gave up the chicken parm life for the "I'll take 1% of your net assets" life. Real chef or not?

@The Frankish Reich Know-it-all aging lawyer and lower level Deep Stater. Real or fake lawyer?

Let's get this settled once and for all. Add other suspect resume posters as you think of them.

FIFY

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Technology is getting pretty good.  Would you know if you were?

I used to think that as a kid. I'm the main character and you are all NPC's. You don't exist unless I see you or communicate with you.

If you believe that at any point in human existence that we will have the technology to simulate a reality that is indistinguishable from the real world then the chances that this is the first time that is happening is almost 0%. It's billions of times more likely that this is already the simulation.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I used to think that as a kid. I'm the main character and you are all NPC's. You don't exist unless I see you or communicate with you.

If you believe that at any point in human existence that we will have the technology to simulate a reality that is indistinguishable from the real world then the chances that this is the first time that is happening is almost 0%. It's billions of times more likely that this is already the simulation.

Yeah I'm betting a lot of people have thought along those lines.  Simulation theory is cool.  You get twisted up like time travel stuff.  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I prefer Dr. Feelgood.  Or DOC.FLGD as my license plate reads.

I suppose you don't need a license to get one of those.  I usually had a fairly unique car that the local cops would recognize and leave alone a 2am when racing in to the hospital.  That was fun.

15 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I suppose you don't need a license to get one of those.  I usually had a fairly unique car that the local cops would recognize and leave alone a 2am when racing in to the hospital.  That was fun.

DKHD?

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Just think how bad those NPC were just a few years ago.and how far they have came. 

Advanced so far they go over board with details.  It's like they now have to tell you their backstory while promoting the script.  

If talking video games.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/21/2024 at 11:30 AM, LeviF said:

Based on verbiage used in topics related to architecture I'm inclined to believe that Deek is a real architect.

I can confirm that Chef is both a real chef and a real drummer.

My wife now hates you. 

Also @ajzepp is a murse. And I miss him. 😢