What is your level of patience on not advancing to the Super Bowl?

Chaos

What is your level of patience on not advancing to the Super Bowl?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What is your level of patience on not advancing to the Super Bowl without making an HC change?

• I have no more patience, I would already have made a change
    • 1 more season
    • 2 more seasons
    • 3 more seasons
    • Never make a change as long as the team is competive and makes or almost makes the playoffs every year.

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Jets are a bit of a wild card here. We have to see how the off-season plays out but if they can improve their OL then they could be tough if they keep Rodgers healthy. Their D is pretty good. They just got worn out at the end of the year being on the field too much and getting no help from the offense. Rodgers would change that.

Maybe going forward, but there's very limited excuse for losing to them with Zach Wilson at the helm.  

There's zero excuse for losing to them in both of the last two seasons with Wilson at the helm.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

This is tough for me.  Normally, I would say they should make the change this offseason.  But then again, what are we really asking for here?  We are looking for someone to do what no one else can.  I'd argue that McD plays Reid better than any other coach.  We scored more points against the Chiefs than anyone else did in the playoffs, same in prior years.  

With that being said, you're asking do we drop the #2 coach for a hopeful coach that can do what no one else has.  

I'm not sure how to answer that honestly.  

I think Zack Taylor’s record against Reid in the playoffs is better 

I fully expected this crowd was more vice than virtue driven 😀  the numbers don’t lie. 

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

Q: What is your level of patience on not advancing to the Super Bowl?  

A: No patience, I would already have made a change.

And yet, even moving the comma, (it should actually be a period) it still doesn't make sense in the context of the question. The first part and second part seem to contradict each other. 

Excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

Just embrace the chaos, man!

I put "no patience" as I'm pretty confident McDermott hit his ceiling years ago, but with that said, I'm also not a big believer that we'll hire a better coach or that any version of this roster will win a Super Bowl unless Mahomes and Burrow get knocked out before we face them in the playoffs, and San Francisco isn't our opponent. I think we're basically a less talented version of the 00's Chargers. Maybe when Kelce retires we'll get a shot, or maybe they trade for Sam LaPorta and then we're stuck in the same hole again.

My best hope for a Bills SB is that Allen outlasts Mahomes and gets an Elway/Manning type win late in his career. Given the wear and tear his body take though, that's a tall order unless Mahomes just wants to walk away.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

This is tough for me.  Normally, I would say they should make the change this offseason.  But then again, what are we really asking for here?  We are looking for someone to do what no one else can.  I'd argue that McD plays Reid better than any other coach.  We scored more points against the Chiefs than anyone else did in the playoffs, same in prior years.  

With that being said, you're asking do we drop the #2 coach for a hopeful coach that can do what no one else has.  

I'm not sure how to answer that honestly.  

YOU'RE Da Man! ...Virgil, 5 lines, boom! answer is in!

5 hours ago, MJS said:

I guess I have infinite patience, because I'm going to watch the team each year regardless.

What are you going to do, stop supporting the team? Put up a billboard? I don't really get it.

Fair question, since none of us are Pegula.  I guess my intention was how far yout patience goes before you would be upset as a fan to keep the HC.  

I voted for "Never make a change as long as the team is competive and makes or amlost makes the playoffs every year."  I might not have spelled it that way, but that's okay. 

The answer is a bit misleading, and I think the poll asks the wrong question.   

The question is when would make a change?  And the offered answers are specific periods of time.  The real answer is that I don't make a change if I have confidence that the leadership I have can do the job.   And I would not decide whether they can do the job based on the fact that they haven't won the Super Bowl yet.  So, yes, if the team is competitive every year, I'm keeping my leadership team UNLESS they've shown me things that make me believe they can't do it.  Shown me actual, real things, like they have trouble keeping assistants because they're such hardasses and won't change.  Not just, well, they haven't won the Super Bowl yet.  

If four years from now, the Bills have won the AFC East four times, had the #1 seed once, gone to one Super Bowl and lost, am I replacing Beane and McDermott?  I'd think about it, but probably not.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I might not have spelled it that way

:)

43 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

The question is when would make a change? 

Unless Terry is a member of this forum, none of us get to make a change. We can be upset, indifferent or any other emotion we want about the situation.  

44 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

gone to one Super Bowl and lost,

question specifically asks about NOT going to the Super Bowl.  Whole different kettle of fish if we start playing in and winning conference championships. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

:)

Unless Terry is a member of this forum, none of us get to make a change. We can be upset, indifferent or any other emotion we want about the situation.  

Absolutely.   But some people get a lot of enjoyment, or get to vent, or whatever, by pretending they now what the right thing to do is. 

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

This poll is intended to record your level of virtue.  The bigger the number you pick, the more virtuous you are. 

What you consider virtue, others might deem it to be blind allegiance but hey, that's what makes the world go around, right?

I think we have to make it to the AFC title game next year or McDermott is gone.

Super Bowl appearance next year is not necessary. 

The other thing I would watch closely is how McDermotts defense plays in the AFC title game. If the Bills lose and the defense gives up 27+ for the 5th straight year, that is frankly, unacceptable and the Bills should make a change.

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

What you consider virtue, others might deem it to be blind allegiance but hey, that's what makes the world go around, right?

Blind allegiance is the sportsfan's birthright

it's how we justify laughing at Mike McCarthy and Nick Siriani while convincing ourselves Sean McDermott is a top5 head coach

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Absolutely.   But some people get a lot of enjoyment, or get to vent, or whatever, by pretending they now what the right thing to do is. 

Some just have an opinion, some have blind loyalty. Do you think that it is OK for a fan to want to get rid of McDermott? 

You seem to want to keep him and I'm fine with that. We are just Bills fans who view the situation differently. 

Edited by Bill from NYC

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

its possible the original contained a mild amount of sarcasm. possibly. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am just sick and tired of McD.  I absolutely despise that we have no one to VET him and his sorry ass.

Pegula maybee smart but he is to reserved to be a NFL owner.  He does not have the right attitude and needs to be more abrasive when it is needed.

McD to me is just Marty Schottenheimer and Dan Reeves part II.

Until then................Super Bowl ????

giphy.gif

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.