What is your level of patience on not advancing to the Super Bowl?

Chaos

What is your level of patience on not advancing to the Super Bowl?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What is your level of patience on not advancing to the Super Bowl without making an HC change?

• I have no more patience, I would already have made a change
    • 1 more season
    • 2 more seasons
    • 3 more seasons
    • Never make a change as long as the team is competive and makes or almost makes the playoffs every year.

On 2/19/2024 at 9:29 PM, stuvian said:

The "Decade of Fail" was actually 18 years from 1999 to 2017. I was a season ticket holder from 2006 to 2018 during which there were no home playoff games. We went out in round one on the road versus the Jags in 2017.

You have never known what it is like to have the cold weather part of your season ticket package descend into worthlessness because you have been effectively eliminated by week 10.

Now we have a regime and franchise QB who have had us in the playoffs seven of eight seasons with one advancement to the conference title game where we lost in OT. Everyone is suddenly screaming because it isn't happening fast enough so therefore we must fire everybody. 

I saw what I needed to see when McDermott took us from 6-6 to 11-6 and did so through the most difficult opponents on our schedule. Losing by a FG to the eventual SB champs is not only a sign we are knocking on the door but also something established fan bases in many cities would die for. 

The Pegulas made a legacy hire when they formed the Beane - McDermott tandem. I didn't always think so but I do now. I don't know what the locker room dynamics were before Dorsey and Frazier left but the organization seems more cohesive as a result. Canning everyone would set us back years.

I was a season ticket holder from 2001 until 2016 (i couldn't stomach it anymore and gave them up).......man, that was the most miserable 15 years to ever be a Bills fan. Every year we went into it thinking that there may be a slight chance that something will happen this year and......nothing ever happened.  Well, nothing good ever happened anyways.

Let me say it like this.....when the punter (Moorman) is the face of your franchise, there is very little to look forward to each season.

I felt your pain, brother.....i was there. I lived it and anyone who doesn't remember those days should go back down memory lane and respect how awful it truly was. It will give them a newfound hope for the future of this franchise.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The frustrating thing is.. aside from 13 seconds.. there's been a valid excuse.  

-We flat out weren't ready in the AFC CG, and we were so young in this team's evolution that we were fine with it. 

-Damar Hamlin and injuries (Von, Jones, Allen) tanked us physically and emotionally.  It showed against NE.  It showed against MIA.  It finally caught up to us against a team able to take advantage of it in CIN.

-Injuries to Gabe Davis and half of our Defense against KC.

However, you can't have an excuse every year.  At some point, it's a you issue.  And whatever we're doing, has not been working, because when it comes time to step up in the postseason, nobody but Josh Allen consistently does.  Whether they get hurt during the year and are out, or severely banged up or just don't rise to the occasion, some introspection needs to be done as to why this keeps occurring.  

I'm a life long Bills fan have been here through it all & i'm not going anywhere . That being said I would much rather have a HC that gets us to the play offs every year than have one that doesn't because the only way you have a chance to win it is if you get in the play offs ...

GO BILLS !!!  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, T master said:

I'm a life long Bills fan have been here through it all & i'm not going anywhere . That being said I would much rather have a HC that gets us to the play offs every year than have one that doesn't because the only way you have a chance to win it is if you get in the play offs ...

GO BILLS !!!  

We have a QB who gets us to the playoffs every year. That is clear.  It is less clear who else is contributing, holding us back or simply along for the ride.  

I posted this in another thread and looking at the poll, I don't understand why Bills fans are so unhappy with this coaching staff. 

"If the Buffalo Bills happened to be in the NFC they probably would have already been in the SB. The best team in the NFL has kept them out.

Wanna see a chart that shows the best teams in the NFL in the last five years?  The top five are the Chiefs 63-20, Bills 58-24, Ravens 56-27, Packers 56-27, 49ers 54-29. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/best-teams-in-the-last-5-years-in-nfl

The Kansas City Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid, now Spags have just been the best team in the NFL. The Buffalo Bills lost to the Chiefs this season in the playoffs... at home... with an injury-riddled defense... by a missed FG. "

The way I see it, nothing lasts forever and the Chiefs are just about done considering that Jim Harbaugh is now the HC for the Chargers. The Raiders should be better as should Denver. 

Buffalo needs to win home-field throughout and have an injury-free end-of-season. Sometimes it's just luck. 

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

We have a QB who gets us to the playoffs every year. That is clear.  It is less clear who else is contributing, holding us back or simply along for the ride.  

Does coaching have anything to do with where the offense & defense ranks each year ?

Seeing as the only 2 teams that have made it to the play offs each of the last 5 years those being the Chiefs & the Bills i would say that it may have just a little to do with those coaching & choosing the players . But maybe that's just me .

I would rather be like todays Bills than the old Bills always changing HC's & never sniffing the play offs but hey if you want to be the other guy have at it .

So how many Super Bowl appearances did it take before you wanted to fire Marv ??

Please name me 1 person that if brought in as a HC of the team that would guarantee that the Bills would go to the Super Bowl . 

John Gruden 🤔 .

1 minute ago, T master said:

Does coaching have anything to do with where the offense & defense ranks each year ?

Seeing as the only 2 teams that have made it to the play offs each of the last 5 years those being the Chiefs & the Bills i would say that it may have just a little to do with those coaching & choosing the players . But maybe that's just me .

I would rather be like todays Bills than the old Bills always changing HC's & never sniffing the play offs but hey if you want to be the other guy have at it .

So how many Super Bowl appearances did it take before you wanted to fire Marv ??

Please name me 1 person that if brought in as a HC of the team that would guarantee that the Bills would go to the Super Bowl . 

John Gruden 🤔 .

There are no guarantees but Bill's record when he has had an elite level QB speaks for itself.

9 minutes ago, T master said:

John Gruden 🤔 .

if the standard is guaranteeing a Super Bowl, are you saying McDermott is a failure, or are you saying he guarantees us a Super Bowl or are all other coaches held to a higher standard than McDermott?

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

There are no guarantees but Bill's record when he has had an elite level QB speaks for itself.

Yes it surely does 5 play off appearances , 1 AFC Championship appearance , 4 AFC East Championships !!! 

And some of those appearances in the play offs and 1 AFC East Championship was with a skeleton crew running the 4th & 5th LBers and their biggest pass rusher coming off a ACL injury . 

Let me ask you this - IF Millano, Tre, Von, Jones, Spector, & some others that were out for shorter periods of time last season would have stayed healthy for the entire year do you think that would have made a difference ?

Then seeing as the number 1 seed in the entire NFL couldn't beat Mahomes do you really think it is a HC ing problem still or is it a Mahomes problem ?

5 minutes ago, T master said:

Yes it surely does 5 play off appearances , 1 AFC Championship appearance , 4 AFC East Championships !!! 

And some of those appearances in the play offs and 1 AFC East Championship was with a skeleton crew running the 4th & 5th LBers and their biggest pass rusher coming off a ACL injury . 

Let me ask you this - IF Millano, Tre, Von, Jones, Spector, & some others that were out for shorter periods of time last season would have stayed healthy for the entire year do you think that would have made a difference ?

Then seeing as the number 1 seed in the entire NFL couldn't beat Mahomes do you really think it is a HC ing problem still or is it a Mahomes problem ?

McDermott is a good regular season coach. Nobody would argue that. After 7 years and a few playoff disappointments it is fair to question if he can get the Bills over the hump. Don't forget the Eagles moved on from Reid and he took them to multiple NFCCG. Even with Mahomes 13 seconds should never happen. That is on coaching. KC starting at their own 25 with 13 seconds and they still manage to get the FG. Pathetic.

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

if the standard is guaranteeing a Super Bowl, are you saying McDermott is a failure, or are you saying he guarantees us a Super Bowl or are all other coaches held to a higher standard than McDermott?

I believe that in order to win the SB there are more than just the coaching & players that have to be right in order to win and you need the majority of your team especially your core players or big time money players to be healthy & that if those pro bowl players are not on the field you chances are much less .

I IMHO believe that McD will get the Bills to the SB not sure when but i believe it . How long did it take Reid to go to his first ? How long did it take him to win his first as a HC ??

McD in HC ing years is still very young & more than likely learning from his mistakes which in some part has held him from the ultimate goal which is why i think some of the coaches that have been here no longer are because he saw what needed to be changed & did it .

The past 2 years no matter what any FAN thinks injuries played a huge roll in the out come of the season . Even this year when they finally got those that filled the rolls of the Pro Bowlers that went to IR playing up to speed they got hurt in the play offs .

And no matter what McD can't make those players catch balls, make kicks, hold on to the ball, or keep them from committing a penalty none of that can be put on McD in any way shape or form . If you want some one to be fired complain about Diggs, Sheffield, Bass, Cook, & who ever else screwed up because those plays not made would have turned the out come of those games more than anything McD supposedly did or didn't do !! 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

McDermott is a good regular season coach. Nobody would argue that. After 7 years and a few playoff disappointments it is fair to question if he can get the Bills over the hump. Don't forget the Eagles moved on from Reid and he took them to multiple NFCCG. Even with Mahomes 13 seconds should never happen. That is on coaching. KC starting at their own 25 with 13 seconds and they still manage to get the FG. Pathetic.

Was McD calling the D for the 13 seconds game ?? That is more than likely why Frazier is no longer here . A good HC makes the changes needed to be better . And He did .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.