Multiple people shot at KC parade.

fasteddie

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Take the number of death by gun. Remove suicide. The rate drops significantly. Take the amount of crime commited with legally obtained guns. You can break it down even further but it's an ugly wormhole to show all of the problems with the simple "gun culture" argument. 

And... Folks wonder why no one takes arguments about this seriously. A legitimate question was asked and is often asked without a reasonable response.

You really cant have a reasonable argument with a person who claims there is no reason what so ever to have any type of gun control.  Sorry. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

You really cant have a reasonable argument with a person who claims there is no reason what so ever to have any type of gun control.  Sorry. 

It’s as bad as climate change debating 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Majority of Americans accept their gun culture. Nothing more needs to be said.

Majority of Americans accept the 2nd Amendment and agree with Justice Scalia’s opinion in Heller that while we have a right to own guns, it is NOT an unlimited right to own every firearm in existence. Majority of Americans favor sensible gun law regulations and do not embrace the wild west gun culture we have currently. Poll after poll after poll bears this out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Majority of Americans accept the 2nd Amendment and agree with Justice Scalia’s opinion in Heller that while we have a right to own guns, it is NOT an unlimited right to own every firearm in existence. Majority of Americans favor sensible gun law regulations and do not embrace the wild west gun culture we have currently. Poll after poll after poll bears this out. 

And you’ve already determined what happened in KC today? Okie Dokie! Be sure to inform the authorities. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

Take the number of death by gun. Remove suicide. The rate drops significantly. Take the amount of crime commited with legally obtained guns. You can break it down even further but it's an ugly wormhole to show all of the problems with the simple "gun culture" argument. 

And... Folks wonder why no one takes arguments about this seriously. A legitimate question was asked and is often asked without a reasonable response.

I don’t understand the point you think you’re making.

US has too many guns and not enough oversight, it’s a pretty obvious correlation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

And you’ve already determined what happened in KC today? Okie Dokie! Be sure to inform the authorities. 

I haven’t determined a goddamn thing! My response was to the question of what we accept regarding gun culture in this country. Take your search for someone to argue with to somebody who gives a flying F about debating the issue. 

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I should have chosen my words better. Not enough people who favour sensible gun laws vote to have those laws enacted.

1 minute ago, Buddy Hix said:

I don’t understand the point you think you’re making.

US has too many guns and not enough oversight, it’s a pretty obvious correlation.

On topical face I can see where one would be misled to believe this. Before that's even a concept to discuss the 2nd amendment ensures some rights.

Besides, who in government would you actually trust to oversee us?  I can't think of anyone.

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Instead of this being a political debate, how about we just pray for this seriously injured, as well as their families, the family of the person killed and their entire community?

Someone already brought up god and religion and was mocked. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Instead of this being a political debate, how about we just pray for this seriously injured, as well as their families, the family of the person killed and their entire community?

Thoughts and prayers are really the most important thing for anyone who's suffered violence. I don't understand why we have dedicated services to get people to a hospital, but do nothing to ensure they have thoughts and prayers.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, boyst said:

When this comes out as a gang or street violence thing with folks who have illegal guns... What's the response?

Gun don’t know if they are illegal or not. They are inanimate. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I haven’t determined a goddamn thing! My response was to the question of what we accept regarding gun culture in this country. Take your search for someone to argue with to somebody who gives a flying F about debating the issue. 

Nice response. Classy 

11 minutes ago, boyst said:

On topical face I can see where one would be misled to believe this. Before that's even a concept to discuss the 2nd amendment ensures some rights.

Besides, who in government would you actually trust to oversee us?  I can't think of anyone.

Someone already brought up god and religion and was mocked. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You don’t think there’s a correlation between the number of guns in the US and the number of mass shootings?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That amendment was created back whenever people were carrying around muskets

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

34 minutes ago, boyst said:

Weird strawman to jump. No just some kid in a pair of sweatpants and hoody. That's the only perp thats been shown. 

totally for increased gun control and assault weapons ban, but I try to think about what our congress members will actually do that won’t impact their ability to stay in office.

body armor seems like a likely win that helps with mass shootings and doesn’t offend financial supporters of said congress members.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That amendment was created back whenever people were carrying around muskets

They had machine guns when it was passed. They also had large calibre weapons. They were also visionaries to expect that there would be advancements in firearms. The average revolutionary saw 2 major wars and a lot of advancement in warcraft.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

totally for increased gun control and assault weapons ban, but I try to think about what our congress members will actually do that won’t impact their ability to stay in office.

body armor seems like a likely win that helps with mass shootings and doesn’t offend financial supporters of said congress members.

I’m a little bit late to the party here do we know if the weapons used were assault weapons?