Multiple people shot at KC parade.

fasteddie

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

They’re all there to celebrate the same thing. How can gun violence be involved? I just don’t get it 

Obviously, someone had a different motive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

They’re all there to celebrate the same thing. How can gun violence be involved? I just don’t get it 

there are reports of another suspect trying to force their way into the nearby IRS building. FBI SWAT and Homeland are rushing to that area.

As for why this or understanding it - mental illness is not easily understood.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

There is zero chance this thread isn't gonna go off the rails and get either moved or deleted, I fear.

At any rate...I wish I felt even 1% shocked when a new mass shooting happens in America. Alas...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

there are reports of another suspect trying to force their way into the nearby IRS building. FBI SWAT and Homeland are rushing to that area.

As for why this or understanding it - mental illness is not easily understood.

How do you know the shooters suffer from mental illness? And which illness? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

How do you know the shooters suffer from mental illness? And which illness? 

i'm guessing that any time you can decide to pull the trigger in anger to attack/injure someone you have a few bolts loose.

no healthy individual is going to do this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 11

8 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Is this the 1st time a shooting like this has happened at a championship parade?  Would be somewhat surprising 

Mass shooters are cowards so they tend to choose targets where they will face no resistance. Parades have armed law enforcement officers posted everywhere so I'm not surprised that this is the first time.

Given early reports of there being 2 shooters in custody I'm inclined to think this was not a run of the mill random mass shooting. We'll see.

Just now, boyst said:

i'm guessing that any time you can decide to pull the trigger in anger to attack/injure someone you have a few bolts loose.

no healthy individual is going to do this.

Unfortunately some people just resort to violence,  because it's easy and they have no regard for life.  

I think people use mental illness as a catch all to ignore the gun factor in shootings. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 13
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, klos63 said:

Unfortunately some people just resort to violence,  because it's easy and they have no regard for life.  

I think people use mental illness as a catch all to ignore the gun factor in shootings. 

this is a political response and thus cannot be regarded.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

12 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Is this the 1st time a shooting like this has happened at a championship parade?  Would be somewhat surprising 

Not sure about shootings but I remember the Bulls and Pistons had problems at their championship parades.  Destruction of property and fires.  

• Like (+1) 1