Trump wants to kill NATO

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Is "isolationist" the latest focus group word?  Or does it have another meaning?  Because Trump wasn't one. 

Anyone that might disagree with intervention without any clear and defined national interest while using reason or logic in evaluating the consistent failures of US interventionist policy is an isolationist.  The problem with the interventionists is they can't read the scorecard.  They've lost every game on their schedule.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Is "isolationist" the latest focus group word?  Or does it have another meaning?  Because Trump wasn't one. 

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/18/1232263785/generations-after-its-heyday-isolationism-is-alive-and-kicking-up-controversy

"Trump had stoked the discussion earlier this month when he told a rally in Conway, S.C., that he would "encourage" Russia to do "whatever the hell they want" to any NATO country he regarded as delinquent in its payments to the alliance.

Disavowing mutual defense

Beyond misrepresenting the way NATO is financed, Trump was disavowing the central purpose of the mutual defense pact. Article 5 of the 1949 treatystates that an attack on one member will be considered an attack on all."

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/18/1232263785/generations-after-its-heyday-isolationism-is-alive-and-kicking-up-controversy

"Trump had stoked the discussion earlier this month when he told a rally in Conway, S.C., that he would "encourage" Russia to do "whatever the hell they want" to any NATO country he regarded as delinquent in its payments to the alliance.

Disavowing mutual defense

Beyond misrepresenting the way NATO is financed, Trump was disavowing the central purpose of the mutual defense pact. Article 5 of the 1949 treatystates that an attack on one member will be considered an attack on all."

So yes, the latest focus group word.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

no.  an apt word to describe trump's consistently negative (and getting worse)stance on NATO

If you mean he wants to isolate countries who don't pay their fair share into NATO...

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

If you mean he wants to isolate countries who don't pay their fair share into NATO...

Article 5 is a bedrock principle of NATO.  He wants to blow it up.  Make it meaningless.  Do you know the last time article 5 was used?  Hint: it was to protect the US.

Article 5 provides that if a NATO Ally is the victim of an armed attack, each and every other member of the Alliance will consider this act of violence as an armed attack against all members and will take the actions it deems necessary to assist the Ally attacked.

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Trump is as bad at killing NATO as he was at leading an insurrection...

But he's a crafty fellow that made his fortune by understanding and using the systems currently in place that the leftists charge he wants to destroy as we watch them destroying our society and culture before he gets his chance.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

understanding and using the systems currently in place

nope.  He made it by fraud , lying and cheating which is why he's been indicted more than 90 times.  He doesn't "use" the system.  He breaks the rules consistently and then uses mobster tactics to avoid prosecution.  He also has been bankrupted multiple times despite inheriting a fortune.

44 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

nope.  He made it by fraud , lying and cheating which is why he's been indicted more than 90 times.  He doesn't "use" the system.  He breaks the rules consistently and then uses mobster tactics to avoid prosecution.  He also has been bankrupted multiple times despite inheriting a fortune.

Please respond to Stoltenbergs comment on the issue, or is he another Putin puppet too?

5 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Please respond to Stoltenbergs comment on the issue, or is he another Putin puppet too?

Who? Ah, the commander of NATO.  Name now known due to trump's comments.

So I think it's good more countries are going to ante up.  Threatening to destroy and disregard Article 5 is not the way to accomplish it.  And I'm confident trump will follow up on his threat.

17 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Who? Ah, the commander of NATO.  Name now known due to trump's comments.

So I think it's good more countries are going to ante up.  Threatening to destroy and disregard Article 5 is not the way to accomplish it.  And I'm confident trump will follow up on his threat.

It worked, didn't it?  Whereas before it wasn't.

On 2/20/2024 at 2:12 PM, John from Riverside said:

This is America

We are a country built from immigrants. I don’t need any isolationist racist president in the oval office. Thank you very much.

I don’t need a president that bellies up to dictators and trashes his own people to agree with them love letters to dictators not needed

I don’t need a president that uses the office power to try to remain president

I don’t need a president that preaches hate

As far as policy goes, Trump really didn’t have a lot of policy other than enriching himself

As I figured.   I like you, John, but I am not sure how to communicate with you on this side of the board.

Biden is arguably the most racist president since LBJ, and has spent a career enriching himself and his family under the guise of public service.   Trump is also certainly a garbage person,  but I think his "remain in Mexico" policy is the right way to handle illegal immigration at the southern border.  If you disagree,  what is your alternative solution? Or are you proposing we leave the border fully open full time?

On 2/20/2024 at 2:21 PM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Covid response and dishonesty to Americans about its existence?  Capitulation to dictators. Attacking American foundations such as elections and the press. Sanctioning the murder of Kashogi. Weakening the FBI, CIA, DEA, CDC. Installing scotus judges who lied about Roe before congress. Weakening environmental laws and ignoring global warming, giving a huge tax break to the 1% , failing to improve heath care, failing to improve immigration. And the biggest one:  being a stinking ####### and subhuman lying, cheat - the big lie. 

Lol, this is the opposite of John's post, except for the TDS. Where do you want to begin? Do you mind if I start a separate thread using your post as a basis?

5 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Lol, this is the opposite of John's post, except for the TDS. Where do you want to begin? Do you mind if I start a separate thread using your post as a basis?

It's not TDS.  It's real.  TDS is a dog whistle for  tone deaf MAGAs.

On 2/20/2024 at 4:16 PM, Joe Ferguson forever said:

no.  an apt word to describe trump's consistently negative (and getting worse)stance on NATO

You purposefully left out the complete statement. Once again picking and choosing which words to put together to make your agenda seem true. Yet you just lie and lie and lie. 
Well done “Dr” 🙄

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

It's not TDS.  It's real.  TDS is a dog whistle for  tone deaf MAGAs.

Make no mistake, TDS is real.  It causes otherwise normal people to not be able to communicate and sometimes behave rationally when anything even tangentially Trump related comes up. Family not speaking over politics, impeachment talk before he even got into office, you name it.  Much of it is brought on by Trump himself, but it's a real mental illness.

It's really weird from my perspective.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

The bigger issue is NATO itself.

It was militarily dysfunctional, relying completely on the US for any real capability.

Hopefully, with the Germans come to Jesus moment as the Russians invaded Ukraine and they realized they were totally dependent on Russia for energy, as well as being completely depleted militarily, things will get better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, phypon said:

Waaahhhhhh, waaahhhhhh...pathetic :lol:

Violence with a golf ball.  i guess to MAGAs it brings a false air of respectability to their thug tactics.  make no mistake.  many are violent anarchists set on revolution.  Steve Bannon cheered on the "revolutionaries" yesterday at CPAC using the world multiple times.  Why does the greatest country in the world need a revolution?  Because a bunch of unskilled, unvalued white guys feel left behind.  btw, getting hit by a golf ball hurts like hell.  And omg, he's so fat...

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Violence with a golf ball.  i guess to MAGAs it brings a false air of respectability to their thug tactics.  make no mistake.  many are violent anarchists set on revolution.  Steve Bannon cheered on the "revolutionaries" yesterday at CPAC using the world multiple times.  Why does the greatest country in the world need a revolution?  Because a bunch of unskilled, unvalued white guys feel left behind.  btw, getting hit by a golf ball hurts like hell.  And omg, he's so fat...

Oh yeah, dude.  Memes and gifs are totally deadly, lol. Hey, you should watch it on repeat, it's the only time you'll actually see what balls are!  :nana:

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

Oh yeah, dude.  Memes and gifs are totally deadly, lol. Hey, you should watch it on repeat, it's the only time you'll actually see what balls are!  :nana:

I can only dream of being as clever as you are.  scumbag maga's like NC spend hours and hours making and posting propaganda memes.  Why bother.?  cuz they work on stupid people...

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I can only dream of being as clever as you are.  scumbag maga's like billstime spend hours and hours making and posting propaganda memes.  Why bother.?  cuz they work on stupid people...

FIFY

I can only dream of being as clever as you are.  scumbag maga's like NC spend hours and hours making and posting propaganda memes.  Why bother.?  cuz they work on stupid people...

Yes, we all know that you are clearly not clever.  You should use that Google AI thingy and look up "balls".  We all still have hope for you that you have the ability to learn something in your life.  Actually, everyone knows that's not possible and it's just people pitying you.  You suck at life, good luck!!

1 minute ago, phypon said:

You suck at life, good luck!!

and you have what evidence to make this statement?  What are you doing today?  I'm in Nashville with my wife hitting the town for a long weekend and a sold out show tonight.  periodic city fix from living in the woods.  it doesn't suck...keep up your attempts at cleverness.  and by all means, be a revolutionary.  it'll likely make your life suck even worse.

and you have what evidence to make this statement?  What are you doing today?  I'm in Nashville with my wife hitting the town for a long weekend and a sold out show tonight.  periodic city fix from living in the woods.  it doesn't suck...keep up your attempts at cleverness.  and by all means, be a revolutionary.  it'll likely make your life suck even worse.

Hey, good for you man.  Have fun at the Taylor Swift show.  All joking aside, have a good night with your wife and your show. 

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Keep grinding that ax.........