QB17 on McAfee today

Chandler#81

19 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Love the guy. But he's either really good at hiding it or he doesn't take losses as bad as some of the greats. 

Either that or he knows it's a lost cause with McDermott running the show.

Right on the money. There's really no way to even spin how bad McD has been in the playoffs, at this point it's just blind apologetics from the people flaming this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Anyone else just have a visual of Josh Allen bouncing around from interview to interview carrying this giant Subway tube.

In TBN, there's an article about this.  Jay Skurski interviewed him while he was walking from interview to interview.  Apparently, in between, Subway was filming advertisements with Josh, so I expect Subway minions were following him around with Subway tube refills and carrying the tube for him.

In between, Allen filmed an advertisement for the fast-food chain Subway, which he was there to promote. As the cameras rolled, Allen smiled widely and posed with whatever the Subway representative put in his hand. As soon as the cameras turned off, though, the smile disappeared from Allen’s face.

“I mean, it sucks. I don’t like doing this stuff, you know?” Allen told The Buffalo News as he walked between interviews. “But to partner with some cool brands, again, that kind of comes with the territory. As a kid, you always kind of looked at this and thought, ‘If I’m in this position, I think it would be pretty cool to come out here and do some cool things.’ I guess that makes it a little better to at least be here, but I don’t want to be here.”

To this, I'm like: "Josh, Seriously?"  The man has earned $113M from the Bills so far.  He's got $30M in new cash due this season ($23.5M of which fully guaranteed last year)  and $39M next season, with $99M dead cap hit in '24 and $54.6M dead cap hit in '25. 

He has no reason to be there grinding through interviews and filming advertisements for Subway unless he wants to do that.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

In TBN, there's an article about this.  Jay Skurski interviewed him while he was walking from interview to interview.  Apparently, in between, Subway was filming advertisements with Josh, so I expect Subway minions were following him around with Subway tube refills and carrying the tube for him.

To this, I'm like: "Josh, Seriously?"  The man has earned $113M from the Bills so far.  He's got $30M in new cash due this season ($23.5M of which fully guaranteed last year)  and $39M next season, with $99M dead cap hit in '24 and $54.6M dead cap hit in '25. 

He has no reason to be there grinding through interviews and filming advertisements for Subway unless he wants to do that.

I think he means because he wants to be getting ready to play and not shoot commercials. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Beck Water said:

2:58:50

Got a link?

NvM, I do:

Man I love Josh! He still holds the grudge against John Elway for passing on him. He’s got the fire when asked about seeing Mahomes in SB again but always keeps his composure even though he touches his chin with irritation that he knows he should be playing this week. Wouldn’t trade Josh for any other QB in this league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah I don't get it at all.. he doesn't need the money.  But he seemed to enjoy the subway canister. 

The subway money isn’t it. The NFL holds these guys hostage with the entire reputation. They can ruin anyone at a moment’s notice. Josh, and the smarts ones, do their job for the Shield during Super Bowl week.. it’s only a couple days.. the work is batshit easy, and they stay in the NFL’s good graces for all future professional and mostly personal trajectories. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

It’s becoming painfully clear that next season will be the last for Josh in Buffalo.

What? I didn’t get that at all. Maybe Diggs will be gone, complete turnover of coaching staff and FO and every other player will bail at some point and if so good riddance BUT Josh will be a Bill for life. Even if he wanted to leave there is no way Buffalo would ever let him. Letting him leave would be the most foolish decision a team has ever made in the history of the NFL. Franchise tag after franchise tag if need be lol. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

His interview with Florio and Simms was better. Some really interesting snippets:

- He says his mechanics got off this year because of some of the ailments with his shoulder but he acknowledges he has to get back to working on them (interesting that he said "with the appropriate people" - anyone know if he is still working with Jordan Palmer? I think Palmer did so much on the original mechanical clean ups with the over striding);

- He talked about his internal dialogue with himself and it is the one worry I have with Josh in terms of temperament. I love that he holds himself accountable but I do worry at times he gets in his own head about stuff and internalises it;

- Cites the Ty Dunne piece as the one of two factors in the turnaround (without prompting) and then when asked further agrees with Rasul Douglas's view that McDermott's response to that article was the moment things changed;

- Acknowledges that if he'd just slid up slightly in the pocket on the Shakir throw he probably has a touchdown;

- His favourite throw is the Jake Kumerow touchdown in Denver. 

Really good interview. 

I figured they would be the best interview.  I thought the logical follow up to the Shakir throw question was to ask if he regrets not checking it down to an open Diggs but I guess he already answered that.  Simms talks about the Bills not having enough offensive weapons surrounding him all the time so I wish they asked him his thoughts on that but I understand they can only push so far.

8 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

What? I didn’t get that at all. Maybe Diggs will be gone, complete turnover of coaching staff and FO and every other player will bail at some point and if so good riddance BUT Josh will be a Bill for life. Even if he wanted to leave there is no way Buffalo would ever let him. Letting him leave would be the most foolish decision a team has ever made in the history of the NFL. Franchise tag after franchise tag if need be lol. 

The best situation Buffalo could hope for is to have the opportunity to choose Josh over McD after next season but I think his mind is pretty much made up already. There will be 2 California teams likely looking for QBs by then and I expect him to demand a trade.

A “Bill for life” was never realistic. He’s been tortured enough.

Edited by Governor
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I figured they would be the best interview.  I thought the logical follow up to the Shakir throw question was to ask if he regrets not checking it down to an open Diggs but I guess he already answered that.  Simms talks about the Bills not having enough offensive weapons surrounding him all the time so I wish they asked him his thoughts on that but I understand they can only push so far.

Yea and Josh wouldn't have thrown his guys under the bus. Isn't his way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

His interview with Florio and Simms was better. Some really interesting snippets:

- He says his mechanics got off this year because of some of the ailments with his shoulder but he acknowledges he has to get back to working on them (interesting that he said "with the appropriate people" - anyone know if he is still working with Jordan Palmer? I think Palmer did so much on the original mechanical clean ups with the over striding);

- He talked about his internal dialogue with himself and it is the one worry I have with Josh in terms of temperament. I love that he holds himself accountable but I do worry at times he gets in his own head about stuff and internalises it;

- Cites the Ty Dunne piece as the one of two factors in the turnaround (without prompting) and then when asked further agrees with Rasul Douglas's view that McDermott's response to that article was the moment things changed;

- Acknowledges that if he'd just slid up slightly in the pocket on the Shakir throw he probably has a touchdown;

- His favourite throw is the Jake Kumerow touchdown in Denver. 

Really good interview. 

That TD was beautiful all around.

I’m feeling excited from the interviews.  Sounds like Joe Brady is going to have a full off-season to install his offense.  Sounds like Cook will mature and we’ll have some great options in putting defenses in a dilemma.  Sounds like Josh is looking at nutrition this off season and taking care of his body.  Thought the talk of chest hair that led to chest definition and general QB bodies and mechanics was great.  

Agree with others that we need some more weapons.  I also keyed in on Josh’s statement about Andy Reid where he said guys were schemed open.  We need more of that.

the revelations of the Dunne article and whatever McD said were very interesting.  Highlighted as the turnaround point.

I feel good.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/9/2024 at 12:45 AM, QB Bills said:

Love the guy. But he's either really good at hiding it or he doesn't take losses as bad as some of the greats. 

Either that or he knows it's a lost cause with McDermott running the show.

Aaron Rodgers overcame McCarthy as coach and won a Super Bowl,

Allen can overcome McDermott.

14 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Aaron Rodgers overcame McCarthy as coach and won a Super Bowl,

Allen can overcome McDermott.

Unfortunately I think 2021 was his opportunity to do that and McDermott still ruined it at the end. Rodgers's playoff run in that Super Bowl year reminded me of Allen's in 2021. He was so on point that nothing could have stopped him. That might be a once in a career kind of playoff run, it was for Rodgers. And it still wasn't enough for us to finally get our one Super Bowl win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.