ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery team up to launch sports "super-streamer"

Simon

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

What I meant was dinner n a few years you won't be able to watch Bills games for free over the air. Meaning those who don't want to pay for it will lose out. 

II disagree with that also. The long established networks like CBS, ABC, and NBC and Fox generate HUGE amounts of revenue from advertisers. Also, they use viewership from football games to promote their own primetime shows, which in turn generate more advertising revenue. I don’t see that ever going away.

4 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

II disagree with that also. The long established networks like CBS, ABC, and NBC and Fox generate HUGE amounts of revenue from advertisers. Also, they use viewership from football games to promote their own primetime shows, which in turn generate more advertising revenue. I don’t see that ever going away.

I do. I see them heading over to streaming eventually.  They did generate huge revenue from advertisers. ABC was down in advertising revenue this past quarter. 

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

No pricing or specifics have been released and most of you are bitching about it, planning boycotts, or burning your TVs.  Gotta love TBD's brand of aggressive stupidity.  

I'm not sure this grand plan will actually work, or work out.  But the notion that streaming services are now trying to resemble cable of yesteryear is is unsettling and worrisome. I suspect that it will be fantastic for the leagues and networks and terrible for the consumer.

For me it’s mostly just trying to help one of my old neighbors from Rochester, they live in California now but they’re a really old couple that love watching the Bills and it’s so hard to help them by phone with logging into all the different apps and stuff that happens over a whole season. It should really all be included with Sunday Ticket. 

The pricing I could handle, it’s the complexity that’s so frustrating for me personally. 

I guess I will wait and see what the bundle looks like, what it offers, and what the price point will be.

If it is something that gives me a few things I already pay for, and I would have to spend a marginal amount monthly, but I have access to a lot of RSNs and hassle-free sports under 1 roof, I think I will be down with this.  

Its possible I would turn the service off for various seasons as well depending on what is offered

NFL will still be live on standard network TV.  Don't want to stream?  don't have to.  However, this product will allow you to watch multiple network and pro sports product lines wherever you are on a device.  what's the problem?

16 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

I do. I see them heading over to streaming eventually.  They did generate huge revenue from advertisers. ABC was down in advertising revenue this past quarter. 

ABC advertising revenue is down because their shows suck & they overpayed for NBA & Monday Night Football

On 2/6/2024 at 10:21 PM, Mr. Wonderful said:

There will be a day when all games particularly the Super Bowl will require some type of subscription or PPV fee.  Paying monthly fees while having still having commercials is a money making scam.  

Football is almost tailor made for TV and commercials due to the natural breaks in the game.  Certainly it doesn't take 3 minutes to do a punt or kickoff, but commercials in football aren't really that big a deal.  So if they broadcast the games, they should make plenty of money.  If they restrict their audience, their going to restrict their revenue. I bought the NFL ticket on Youtube this last year but I just cancelled my youtube tv and I'm not getting the nfl package next year.  I don't have Prime TV either and didn't see those games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.