Mahomes dad arrested for DWI

Scott7975

9 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Three DWI's is ridiculous, he should lose his license and do some time IMO

12 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Rewarded how?

He gets rewarded by sheer virtue that he never gets punished. This is his 3rd offense as you mentioned and I doubt it will be his last. Yes it is ridiculous.   I've lost 2 family members to drunk drivers. And because his son is famous he'll likely get another slap on the wrist so he can go out and do it again.  At least Andy's kid is doing time.  The entitlement of this family is the reward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just read where he has been arrested 6 times for DWI, 6!!!!  3 where I live is a felony, mandatory jail for a good amount of time and loss of license.  Wow, just when I thought I couldn't like the Mahomes family any less, here we are!  I think they have surpassed my Tom Brady hate, something I thought I would never say!  BTW hate is a strong term, "dislike" may be more appropriate 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It is what is.... I was lucky 40 years ago... when it was accepted, thank God I never hurt some one because of my actions... A fact the town I grew up in.... I was pulled over, the cop said he'd follow me home, but the next time... he'd run me in... I took that as what it was.... Never again did I drive drunk, I paid a lot of cab fees... but I also knew I was given a gift... Have fun... but don't be stupid... especially today....

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Just read where he has been arrested 6 times for DWI, 6!!!!  3 where I live is a felony, mandatory jail for a good amount of time and loss of license.  Wow, just when I thought I couldn't like the Mahomes family any less, here we are!  I think they have surpassed my Tom Brady hate, something I thought I would never say!  BTW hate is a strong term, "dislike" may be more appropriate 

Couple of open container citations as well ... wonder how Brittany feels about grandpa being around her kids ? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, muppy said:

yes well that is true. It's a story that is now public due to celebrity AND being on the doorstep of the super bowl.

The Mahomes family are just as ****** up as some of our own. It's a sad tale and a bad look.

#Dontdrinkanddrive 

Agreed.

15 hours ago, muppy said:

yes well that is true. It's a story that is now public due to celebrity AND being on the doorstep of the super bowl.

The Mahomes family are just as ****** up as some of our own. It's a sad tale and a bad look.

#Dontdrinkanddrive 

Agreed

5 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Go check out the Josh-Tom thread... Brady is an alright dude now! 😆 

Brother is a douchebag.

Wife is a docuhebag.

Father is a douchebag.

Patty's PR teams works overtime to keep from finding out he's a douchebag too. He almost blew it this year.

Edited by Malazan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

On 2/4/2024 at 7:47 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

Surprised Andy doesn't instantly hire him as a coach. What a dysfunctional family.  Yet they always get rewarded.

Earthly rewards are not just for good people. 

And they mean nothing in the end.

15 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

This reminds me of Tammy Sytch aka Sunny from the WWE. She had multiple DWI's as well. Unfortunately, she killed an innocent person drunk driving. She was sentenced to 17 years in prison last year. Feel bad for the person who was killed. 

22 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Couple things.

1. Britt Ried is currently in prison for the accident that disabled the girl.  His money, fame, and celebrity did not keep him from jail.  If anyone is wondering, the Chiefs, maybe out of sincere concern for the childs well being, or maybe out of concern for their image....or probably both....are paying for all that childs care, and best I can understand, alot of pain and suffering cash to the family for the rest of the childs life.  

2. Perhaps Pat is so calm on a football field and able to navigate adversity in football because it's easier and and escape from his family life.  He has a somewhat fruity mom who is a religious MAGA type, a genderfluid douceh canoe brother riding his coat tails.  A wife who can be annoying and controversial at times, and alcoholic dad, and now a bunch of swifties  He probably can't wait to get to practice and games to get away from his chaotic family life.

Probalby not many here familiar with the old adlut swim series "Moral Oral" but this reminds me of the final episode where it shows Moral as an adult and he's turned out to be a well adjusted adult despite all the flawed people who he grew up around.  Seems like Mahomes has navigated all this and come out on the other side as a well adjusted, focused, person, able to handle alot of less than optimal goings on around him.

Mahomes is still very young. That meltdown after the regular season loss to the Bills where he was yelling at the ref for throwing a legitimate penalty flag, I think that was the first time we've seen such an outburst. Things seems to be trending in the wrong direction for him. A man can only stand up straight for so long when he has a bunch of crazy people hanging on him. It may be a long time down the road, but eventually Pat will be pulled off the cliff with them.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Mahomes is still very young. That meltdown after the regular season loss to the Bills where he was yelling at the ref for throwing a legitimate penalty flag, I think that was the first time we've seen such an outburst. Things seems to be trending in the wrong direction for him. A man can only stand up straight for so long when he has a bunch of crazy people hanging on him. It may be a long time down the road, but eventually Pat will be pulled off the cliff with them.

The energy around him will consume him. 

18 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

6 times huh, I looked it up couldn't find it.  You have a source.  I did read he has a total of 11 court records. 

Patrick Mahomes' dad had open Coors beer in car before DWI arrest (nypost.com)

Patrick Mahomes Sr. was driving with an open 16-ounce Coors beer in the center console shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday when he was stopped by police and arrested for driving while intoxicated, according to an affidavit obtained by The Post from the Smith County Sheriff’s Office in Texas. 

Like all NFL players, the two-time MVP Mahomes is prohibited from promoting beer.

But he got creative last year and appeared in a Coors television commercial to promote a bear — not beer. 

“Coors Light Bear,” Mahomes said. “The world’s most refreshing Bear.” 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Psshh.... lightweights 

On 2/4/2024 at 11:42 PM, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Behind a paywall:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2024/02/04/patrick-mahomes-sr-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dwi-in-tyler-records-show/

Smith County records list Mahomes Sr. as being arrested on DWI charges multiple times in the last 12 years, including twice in 2012, twice in 2018, once in 2019 and this weekend’s arrest.

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

6 times huh, I looked it up couldn't find it.  You have a source.  I did read he has a total of 11 court records. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.