Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

3 hours ago, JPL7 said:

I hope we trade his ass after next season. I’m tired of this drama queen. It would just be too much of a hit to do it this off-season.  

He’s going to be worth next to nothing.  

Going into his age 33 season?   

Peak New England would have traded him already.  

I couldn’t care less anymore.  His prime is just about over - if his cap number was tradeable (it isn’t) he would be lucky to get us 2 second round picks.   

Btw - his performance (lack thereof) the last half of last season was exactly why in Spring of 2023 we were begging this team to bring in a WR 2 that can be WR 1 if needed.    

Let’s try and get this right somehow. 

Also FYI, that’s no guarantee.  

That’s why I’m going to *pound the table for a Center*

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve always dismissed his comments as the mindless ramblings of a  frustrated alpha looking for attention on his x account. Now, however he is giving Bills fans and management the finger with indications he’d like to be gone. His performance at the most crucial moments last season was not worthy of paying his bloated contract and keeping a malcontent. Let’s get a 1st rounder and another high draft choice for him while he’s still got top ten receiver value.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I’ve always dismissed his comments as the mindless ramblings of a  frustrated alpha looking for attention on his x account. Now, however he is giving Bills fans and management the finger with indications he’d like to be gone. His performance at the most crucial moments last season was not worthy of paying his bloated contract and keeping a malcontent. Let’s get a 1st rounder and another high draft choice for him while he’s still got top ten receiver value.

won’t happen. We’d need to add a few picks to get a 1st 

2 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Posting a random tweet that could mean anything is giving the Bills a middle finger? 

Fact is - young players across the NFL post random, weird stuff all the time. Take Rasul Douglas for example. Ever looked at his Twitter? 

The difference between Diggs and other people is he's a Superstar. Your run of the mill NFL player posts something random - no one cares. Mega star Diggs tweets something and everyone loses their minds and the media runs nuts with it. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-stefon-diggs-gives-another-indication-he-wants-out-of-buffalo-with-cryptic-post/

Dear Stef,

We made you one of the highest paid players in the NFL.  We gave you an opportunity to play with one of the best QB's in the NFL who is on his way to a HOF career.  Grow up jerk and play football.  Stop whining already. Geez! 

• Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Posting a random tweet that could mean anything is giving the Bills a middle finger? 

Fact is - young players across the NFL post random, weird stuff all the time. Take Rasul Douglas for example. Ever looked at his Twitter? 

The difference between Diggs and other people is he's a Superstar. Your run of the mill NFL player posts something random - no one cares. Mega star Diggs tweets something and everyone loses their minds and the media runs nuts with it. 

The media wants to latch onto anything to support their anti Josh Allen narrative/  vendetta  … and vague comments like this just throws more fuel on that fire …

Yeah … that’s not Diggs fault how the media carries on… but surely he must know by now that comments like this create a controversy for the team….

If the comments are really about  him going camping or checking out the local Nepalese restaurant…. Couldn’t he just make this clear?

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

98% of the time it’s just fodder and means nothing. I get that. But, with his contract becoming fully guaranted Sunday…. 50/50 shot it’s a direct comment on the situation 

17 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It’s two off-seasons in a row  with the cryptic comments and if he plays like he did the last half of the season, low energy and low production, we lose the opportunity to turn him into a couple of good young players. I know it’s hard to picture this team without Diggs but the Patriots defined their dynasty by offloading their stars a year before they became regular players.

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not sure how this works but can they trade him prior to Sunday and still designate it a Post June 1st trade?  Otherwise they can't move the guy.

No they can't.  The post June 1st designation can only be applied to players that are cut.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Wish Diggs had disincentives to not d be doing these media pinning top things.

IMO Bills traded too much for him and later he got a raise when they did not need to.

Now if he truly is unhappy Bills cannot afford to trade him and releasing without trade which most players want is unreasonable. 

I wish more players had contracts like Cousins.

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

won’t happen. We’d need to add a few picks to get a 1st 

He’s a top ten receiver and he’s only 30. Receivers are the 2nd or 3rd highest paid position players and a team with plenty of cap space would think Diggs could make their young QB into another Josh. We’d need at least a 1st and another high pick to move him.

1 hour ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Minnesota fans warned us.  We should have noticed Diggs has an expiration date closer to a loaf of bread than twinkies.  He is too self focused to be a team player on a long term basis.  I just wish Beane could figure out a way to move Diggs without wrecking our roster. 

So true, I read comments from Viking fans who are thankful he is gone.  Beanne screwed up after 13 secs and giving him that extension,  was never a #1 option for big games

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yeah cuz playing with Josh must suck

Yeah throws bombs in most critical time against KC and Diggs drops it… tired of the diva. If not for the cap issues he would have already been gone. Dude has no mirror or emotional intelligence. 

• Agree 1