I guess Tyler Dunne was spot on...McD is too controlling and paranoid to work with...

eball

On 1/30/2024 at 5:37 PM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Unfortunately I think the standards with the owner and half the fanbase are so low, that I’m not even sure another massive postseason disappointment gets McD Cannes. 

Terry and a lot of fans feel that simply a Divisional Round exit with an elite QB is a huge accomplishment. It’s happened 3 years in a row and they want more of it. 

I think if it was somewhere else, this could be a good analysis of the situation by Brady. Here, I’m not so sure. I guess if the offense is solid he probably feels he could still get hired away. 

If McD loses to the Chiefs in the post-season next year then I think he’s toast and I would 100% agree w/ that decision. 

On 1/30/2024 at 5:37 PM, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Unfortunately I think the standards with the owner and half the fanbase are so low, that I’m not even sure another massive postseason disappointment gets McD Cannes. 

Terry and a lot of fans feel that simply a Divisional Round exit with an elite QB is a huge accomplishment. It’s happened 3 years in a row and they want more of it. 

I think if it was somewhere else, this could be a good analysis of the situation by Brady. Here, I’m not so sure. I guess if the offense is solid he probably feels he could still get hired away. 

That's hilarious. What exactly do you want? The owner cleaning house every year we don't win it all? Fans with torches and pitchforks marching on OBD?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But likely incorrect. Might as well resign yourselves to the hell of making the playoffs each year.

Don't be so sure of that. The Eagles did move on from Reid and he accomplished more with them then McDermott has with the Bills.

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But likely incorrect. Might as well resign yourselves to the hell of making the playoffs each year.

And another divisional round loss.  Yay

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's hilarious. What exactly do you want? The owner cleaning house every year we don't win it all? Fans with torches and pitchforks marching on OBD?

Damn let’s start with just getting to AFC championship games consistently.   I guess that’s an unreasonable expectation with having arguably the 2nd best qb in all of football. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

If McD loses to the Chiefs in the post-season next year then I think he’s toast and I would 100% agree w/ that decision. 

I wouldn't put that fine a point on it, but next offseason is a logical point to make a regime or HC change. Tabling the conversation about how warranted that would be, a lot of expensive vets will be gone after next year and the Bills will want a HC in place that they are confident will be here for the long haul because this team will be in a position to spend to acquire players for that coach's system. It would be a huge mistake to allow that to happen and then change coaches. If McDermott is here for that transition, then I'd expect him to be here long enough to get another contract extension. Or we will have a new HC. 

On a related note, that logical pivot point is putting some pressure on McDermott regardless of how his long term tenure is regarded by the Pegulas. He's not dumb. He can see it. That is why I expect less turnover than many others. If I was in that spot there's no way I'd be taking the risk of flipping the roster. That can wait until next offseason. 2024 would be a push to win it all. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

I could see a regime change prior to opening of the new stadium if team continues to spin its wheels. Especially when it comes time to sell those PSLs.

The stadium deal is an overlooked factor in decisions about the staff and team. It’s driving a lot of it. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you think that McDermott is the primary reason that the Bills make the playoffs, please send me a PM and tell me what drugs you are taking. I too want to get that high.

My guess is LSD. Am I close?

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As much as McD exasperates me, he didn't miss Diggs on the crossing route to ensure a first down late in the Divisional round. Josh makes that throw, rather than the kill shot, we likely win or at least give Bass a chip shot. If I'm Brady, that's the first piece of tape I show Josh when camp opens next year. 

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

As much as McD exasperates me, he didn't miss Diggs on the crossing route to ensure a first down late in the Divisional round. Josh makes that throw, rather than the kill shot, we likely win or at least give Bass a chip shot. If I'm Brady, that's the first piece of tape I show Josh when camp opens next year. 

Josh made the right read and throw.

• Agree 2

On 1/30/2024 at 1:55 PM, eball said:

...as evidenced by Brady and Babich sticking around and accepting promotions to OC and DC despite significant interest around the league.

/sarcasm off

Im just wondering where Tyler's article on the trainwreck around Daboll is at where his other coaches are reportedly calling around the league looking to get off a "sinking ship" and find other jobs.  

Guess he writes about people he feels personally scorned by when getting denied credentials given he is not a real journalist. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I wouldn't put that fine a point on it, but next offseason is a logical point to make a regime or HC change. Tabling the conversation about how warranted that would be, a lot of expensive vets will be gone after next year and the Bills will want a HC in place that they are confident will be here for the long haul because this team will be in a position to spend to acquire players for that coach's system. It would be a huge mistake to allow that to happen and then change coaches. If McDermott is here for that transition, then I'd expect him to be here long enough to get another contract extension. Or we will have a new HC. 

On a related note, that logical pivot point is putting some pressure on McDermott regardless of how his long term tenure is regarded by the Pegulas. He's not dumb. He can see it. That is why I expect less turnover than many others. If I was in that spot there's no way I'd be taking the risk of flipping the roster. That can wait until next offseason. 2024 would be a push to win it all. 

I tend to agree with this and am okay for now not seeing the team make any major changes in the offseason for 1 more year.

My thought pattern 2022- way too much hype in the offseason, the Tops shooting, the 7 foot snowstorm, and Hamlin almost dying on live TV burnt the team out in the long run.  

2023- I know injuries are a part of the game but I thought the Bills were still unlucky in this regard last year.

So yeah for one more year I think I am okay seeing things hopefully naturally progress.  

Edited by Another Fan

On 1/30/2024 at 4:55 PM, eball said:

...as evidenced by Brady and Babich sticking around and accepting promotions to OC and DC despite significant interest around the league.

/sarcasm off

Doubt either brady or babich got hired as oc or dcs by any club

• Disagree 3

On 1/30/2024 at 10:55 PM, eball said:

/sarcasm off

Don’t come here with reasonable arguments trying to change people’s unreasonable opinions! How dare you?!

41 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I tend to agree with this and am okay for now not seeing the team make any major changes in the offseason for 1 more year.

My thought pattern 2022- way too much hype in the offseason, the Tops shooting, the 7 foot snowstorm, and Hamlin almost dying on live TV burnt the team out in the long run.  

2023- I know injuries are a part of the game but I thought the Bills were still unlucky in this regard last year.

So yeah for one more year I think I am okay seeing things hopefully naturally progress.  

You never know what can happen. It’s certainly within the realm of possibility that the team can take a step forward. Mostly I'm resigned to more of the same With McDermott though. At some point the players have to lose confidence. I think they believe in Allen, but I don’t think they believe that they’ll win in the playoffs - not with this HC and against a quality opponent.

I really hated to hear McDermott bring up the injuries. Your leader can’t make excuses. The team has to understand that there’s no such thing as a valid excuse. Regardless he’s got at least 2024 to show what he can do for the team. Nothing to do except hope for the best. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

If you think that McDermott is the primary reason that the Bills make the playoffs, please send me a PM and tell me what drugs you are taking. I too want to get that high.

My guess is LSD. Am I close?

Coaches have zero impact on their teams performance? Do I have that correct?
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.