Meanwhile over at Russel Street Report (Ravens Fan Forum)

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He’s not even the runner josh is…Lamars gotta learn to just hit the hole and run straight sometimes.  He cost his team quite a few first downs dancing around waiting for blocks to try to hit a chunk play 

one of those plays a safety ran like 15 yards before lamar ran 4-5

So true. I hadn't watched much Ravens this year before watching the entire game today. It was eye opening how different Lamar and Allen are as runners. One is decisive, the other is not to put it nicely. If Lamar ever figured out how to run decisively, he would be unbelievable. But I'm guessing six years in if he hasn't learned to do so yet then he isn't going to learn. 

34 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Lamar is literally going to win an MVP because his defense picked up the 49ers QB's five times. Freaking MVP voters. 

But Romo said that Lamar catching his own pass was the greatest play he’s ever seen.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

So true. I hadn't watched much Ravens this year before watching the entire game today. It was eye opening how different Lamar and Allen are as runners. One is decisive, the other is not to put it nicely. If Lamar ever figured out how to run decisively, he would be unbelievable. But I'm guessing six years in if he hasn't learned to do so yet then he isn't going to learn. 

Jackson has 1,600 yards more rushing in his career than Allen does. What difference does “decisive”, whatever exactly that even means, have to do with anything? Seems to me Lamar is pretty top notch when taking off with the football.

I’ve never heard anyone say that Lamar could be unbelievable if he only ran the ball better than he does now. I guess there is a first for everything,

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

We noticed that too. He keeps looking back when he scrambles which slows him down considerably.   He also dances around before taking off which sets up the defense.   

The main problem with the Ravens was they didn't try and run the ball. Gus Edwards had 3 carries for 20 yards. 

It isn't rocket science - the gameplan on stopping Lamar is out: stop the conventional run game (i.e. the backs) and muddy his reads in the middle of the field. If you do both of those you will keep him and Baltimore in third and long. And while he will escape a couple of times with his legs he won't every time and if you ask him to win 3nd and long regularly with his arm he will lose more than he wins. 

Yesterday Todd Monken did half of the job on the Chiefs behalf. The Ravens are a team that leans on the run and he must have seen the Bills run on them last week? Why get away from it? It looked to me like an OC who didn't just want to win. He wanted to win on Lamar's arm to show how clever he is or something. Brutal gameplan.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, Beast said:

Jackson has 1,600 yards more rushing in his career than Allen does. What difference does “decisive”, whatever exactly that even means, have to do with anything? Seems to me Lamar is pretty top notch when taking off with the football.

I’ve never heard anyone say that Lamar could be unbelievable if he only ran the ball better than he does now. I guess there is a first for everything,

2 totally different styles due their size difference.  Josh takes on tacklers and wants to bulldoze them over.  Jackson is looking to avoid the tacklers & juke them out of their jocks.  Both are very effective runners.  

• Like (+1) 1

Lamar is an issue for them.  

Elite regular season QB, but he can't perform in the big games against the other elite teams. 

We know Josh Allen can.. we just need other parts of the team to have better luck/pull their weight. 

Baltimore's issues moving forward are much more glaring.. and everyone knows why, even if they don't want to say it. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Lamar is an issue for them.  

Elite regular season QB, but he can't perform in the big games against the other elite teams. 

We know Josh Allen can.. we just need other parts of the team to have better luck/pull their weight. 

Baltimore's issues moving forward are much more glaring.. and everyone knows why, even if they don't want to say it. 

Lamar has thrown 2 endzone INTs vs the Bills. The TJ Pick 6 in the playoffs & the 2022 game in Baltimore-both Bills victories.  I was at the game in Baltimore & when the Ravens had 1st & goal around the 5 yard line I turned to a Ravens' fan & said "Even if you score here, we're still going to win the game" Shortly after, Poyer picked Lamar off in the endzone.  Then Josh drove the Bills all the way down the field, ran out the clock & Bass kicked the winning FG. 

Then yesterday, another INT in the endzone, killing off 3 or 7 points and being a major factor in them losing the game.  

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Lamar has thrown 2 endzone INTs vs the Bills. The TJ Pick 6 in the playoffs & the 2022 game in Baltimore-both Bills victories.  I was at the game in Baltimore & when the Ravens had 1st & goal around the 5 yard line I turned to a Ravens' fan & said "Even if you score here, we're still going to win the game" Shortly after, Poyer picked Lamar off in the endzone.  Then Josh drove the Bills all the way down the field, ran out the clock & Bass kicked the winning FG. 

Then yesterday, another INT in the endzone, killing off 3 or 7 points and being a major factor in them losing the game.  

Yup.. and he should've thrown another pick to Bolton that would've set the Chiefs up in scoring position.  Bolton just dropped it. 

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Every season there are two MVPs - Mahomes and Allen. In seasons where neither of them get the #1 seed, the voters will justify giving it to someone else. But realistically it's those two and then everybody else.

There's an obsession with giving it to a QB. I don't think any QB has been good enough to be in the MVP conversation this year. Even the top two - Mahomes and Josh - have had their struggles. Even now, can't see beyond McCaffrey but highly doubt he gets it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, stuvian said:

I was really surprised by Lamar's reluctance to run the ball. That's a huge part of his game

I know! Kept yelling at him to take over the game and do it yourself. He was way too hesitant to do so, which resulted in busted plays, loss of yards, and sacks.

My fear is Lamar is that QB you obviously can't get rid of. Because the talent is there and two MVP awards. Yet, he doesn't have the full package as a QB to lead this team to a SB. So we are stuck with a better version of Dak Prescott. Too good to obviously say bye too. Not good enough to get the chip.

100% accurate. Take a look at some of his passes during that game, that weren’t batted down. Many of the others were too high, too deep, half quackers without any sense of touch.

And the combined Wonderlic of Lamar & Zay Flowers? Was it 10? These are not high intellect athletes.

The above however is NOT, NOT JOSH ALLEN!

The issue there is on the mgt. side, outgunned everytime by the superior HCs - like Andy Reid, who will stick around as long as Mahomes is QB! 

BE like the Ravens fans!

Demand better from OBD!

Get a Superstar HC and either have Beane start hitting with draft picks who become stars… especially WRs… or replace him.

Time… for #17… and for all of us… marches on inexorably.

DON’T WASTE IT WITHOUT THE BEST YOU CAN DO & HAVE.

8 hours ago, Beast said:

You don’t know what decisiveness means when running the football? Lol ball carriers dancing around east/west instead of running downhill is a very common criticism.  Lamar did it quite a few times yesterday in huge moments that really hurt his team.

I really don’t understand this board sometimes 😂. When we talk about Josh it’s ’yea he has gaudy stats but he can do things better’…cool I agree.  But the Lamar take here was ‘look at his rushing stats could he really get any better?’  The answer is yes.  He’s an absolute freak athleticism wise but he waits too long to take off and doesn’t recognize when he needs to just get downfield to bring up a 2nd/3rd and short rather than attempt to hit a huge running play.  A lot of teams lose contain or are undisciplined and overrun their gaps while he’s dancing around which is what he counts on. Good defenses in the playoffs do not 

Lamar was missing easy 5-7 yard scrambles all afternoon 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.