What is McDermott’s Magnum Opus?

bubba2018

6 hours ago, FireChans said:

Shutting  down the reigning MVP Lamar Jackson to clinch the first Bills AFCCG appearance since the 1993 season. Defensive masterclass.

I don't think it was that impressive because Lamar had a clear weakness passing the ball outside of the hash marks.

Credit given for shutting him down, but let's not pretend he shut down a true elite QB. Lamar is still a limited passer that doesn't dissect a defense if we are being honest 

6th, 18th, 1st, 2nd, 18th

2nd, 16th, 1st, 2nd, 4th

The first row is Bill Belichick's defensive rankings in total points allowed during their first wave of SBs (01-05).

The second row is McD's defensive rankings in total points allowed during our last five seasons.

I also like our 2020 game vs. Ravens as a nominee for Magnum Opus.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I don't think it was that impressive because Lamar had a clear weakness passing the ball outside of the hash marks.

Credit given for shutting him down, but let's not pretend he shut down a true elite QB. Lamar is still a limited passer that doesn't dissect a defense if we are being honest 

He was the reigning MVP, finished the game with 162 passing yards, 34 rushing yards, 1 pick and 3 sacks.

Come on man.

5 hours ago, bills6969 said:

4 straight division titles

Yea it might actually be the last 7 games including the Steelers of this season. 

6-6.  Come back to win the division at 11-6.  

Win another playoff game.  

I’m still just dejected about the Chiefs not angry.  I can live with losing - I can’t stand losing down our dawgs like this.  It’s absolutely soul sucking.  

And make no mistake, if Milano White and Bernard and Benford are here - we’re playing Baltimore this week. 

The thing about their injuries tho - if they did play all year, does Dorsey ever lose his job?

2024 season can’t get here fast enough.  

I love our core - on O - Allen Diggs Kincaid Shakir Cook Knox the Oline.  On D - Milano Bernard Dorian (you’ll see) Benford Douglas Oliver Von Rousseau Taron

Get a safety.  

A WR 1

A Manny Sanders FA type 

Resign Daquan Jones

Get another 2 DEs and rotational DTs

The WR 1 will be the toughest the others are very doable.  

• Like (+1) 2

Got 8 wins out of a Tyrod Taylor led Bills team to the play with a little help from the Bengals. That team had no business winning 4 games much less 8. Since then, he has been a very good regular season coach which is good, but the playoff failures suggest a new voice is needed to lead this team if they ever want to get to and win a Super Bowl with Allen as the QB.

• Disagree 1

It seems to me, that the defense is what always falls short in the playoffs. Ofcourse it'll always seem that way in a loss, but that's what stands out to me. Houston in 2019, giving up a 16 point lead. 2020 against kc in afc championship, just got absolutely pummeled, had zero pass rush. 2021 against kc, absolute enbaresment giving up the lead with 13 seconds left. 

No clue what happened last year with the bengals. The team didn't even show up. And then this year again, the defense couldn't get a stop. Kc was matching our offense all night 

And exactly what poor coaching decisions did he make in the game Sunday against the Chiefs that cost them the game?

The reality is that one team went into the game mostly healthy. The other team had a depleted defense and was missing their WR2 -- and STILL went toe-to-toe against the defending Super Bowl champs. The difference in the game? One team's receivers who had struggled with drops all year caught everything that hit their hands -- the other team (with one of the highest paid receivers in the NFL) dropped multiple key catchable passes.

Hard to see where McD can be blamed for the loss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Very good regular season coach. Can build a culture of very goodness. Can win a lot of regular season games with many defensive backups filling in. 

idk, dude got pansted by Mac Jones who can’t make it a half vs other teams and caught a break to get past the Tyrod Taylor led G-men

He’s still highly sus at times 

13 hours ago, BattlinBill said:

Another McDermott thread, how original....

Mcclappy is the preferrred nomenclature dude 

2 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

idk, dude got pansted by Mac Jones who can’t make it a half vs other teams and caught a break to get past the Tyrod Taylor led G-men

He’s still highly sus at times 

Mcclappy is the preferrred nomenclature dude 

You mean the guy we obliterated in the 2021 Wild Card for the first perfect game ever? That Mac Jones?

13 hours ago, QB Bills said:

He didn't get the chance to choke away that game as Lamar didn't play in the 4th quarter.

McDermott sucks. It's plain as day to most fans. Unfortunately the one person who can do something about it doesn't know any better.

idk, gotta give him credit for that one 

Lamar looked terrible the whole time 

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You mean the guy we obliterated in the 2021 Wild Card for the first perfect game ever? That Mac Jones?

2024 Mac Jones.  The one that pansted him recently and had us out of the playoff picture 

14 hours ago, QB Bills said:

He didn't get the chance to choke away that game as Lamar didn't play in the 4th quarter.

McDermott sucks. It's plain as day to most fans. Unfortunately the one person who can do something about it doesn't know any better.

We should hire a young and talented head coach like Matt Ruhle or Arthur Smith. Offensive coaches are always better.

Edited by Roundybout
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.