McDermott - Excuses, Valid but concerning

SCBills

14 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

And the worst part about it is that we will be having these very same discussions next season, while at the same time wasting another year of josh allen in his prime with no recourse.

Exactly. It’s like McDermott has became a Pegula’s family member and he doesn’t have the balls to fire him and take another direction, hungry, starving to win the Lombardi and makes history. 

He’s ok on where we are and stop. 

5 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

spot on. people are going to see what harbaugh does with the chargers over the next 5 years, and it isn't gonna make the people here very happy. we are settling. josh might be able to will us to one or two before he's done. it will be despite the coach though. 

ill reiterate. mcdermott is good. not great. not the right coach for allen. 

Josh Allen not winning multiple Superbowls is a disgrace. How can you don’t wanna do everything to get there with a QB like Josh in the house ? I’m referring at  Pegula. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh FFS..... make it stop. 

The same thread 1 million different ways so everyone can express their emotions. Go to counselling. 

you know what i do when i see thread topics that don't interest me? I move past them without clicking. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2

There is way too much invested in this D to fold in the biggest situations. That is what is holding this team back and that’s 100% on McD. They fold against the Chiefs in playoffs, the Bengals every time they face them and just about everyone else in the final 2 minutes of games. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

you know what i do when i see thread topics that don't interest me? I move past them without clicking. 

They are every thread on the sodding board. Instead of adding thoughts to the 15 already open bitching about coaching each person has to create their own to pour their own hearts out. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are every thread on the sodding board. Instead of adding thoughts to the 15 already open bitching about coaching each person has to create their own to pour their own hearts out. 

Cry about it muffin 

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Ehhh...makes no difference if McDermott is here or not. This team starts and ends with Josh Allen NOT McDermott.

John Elway finally won Super Bowls with a new coach.

So did Peyton Manning.

and Steve Young.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

1 minute ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Ehhh...makes no difference if McDermott is here or not. This team starts and ends with Josh Allen NOT McDermott.

John Elway finally won Super Bowls with a new coach.

So did Peyton Manning.

and Steve Young.

Not when McD keeps using the resources for his D.  After last year the biggest thing we needed was WR help. After they completely bombed in FA filling the holes what did they do at trade deadline, go out and repair McDs D. 

13 minutes ago, BananaB said:

There is way too much invested in this D to fold in the biggest situations. That is what is holding this team back and that’s 100% on McD. They fold against the Chiefs in playoffs, the Bengals every time they face them and just about everyone else in the final 2 minutes of games. 

The D stopped the Chefs the last 3 drives of the game, playing with 3rd and 4th stringers.

Bills offense was 0-3 the last 3 drives.  They could not even get a FG to tie.

Bills were 76% favorites on computer analysis when we had ball with 2:00 left- and the offense choked.

This loss is on the offense.

• Vomit 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

The D stopped the Chefs the last 3 drives of the game, playing with 3rd and 4th stringers.

Bills were 76% favorites on computer analysis when we had ball with 2:00 left- and the offense choked.

You didn't watch the game and are just looking at stats if you think the offense lost game. The highly invested 12 man DL rotation was healthy and Mahomes barely broke a sweat

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not sure I buy the loss is "on the offense" but for all of everything that happened in the game to that point you are absolutely right that at the 2:00 warning the Bills were right where they would have wanted to be. In FG territory already, with control of the ball and the clock and the game in Josh Allen's hands. They just couldn't execute on those two plays coming out of the 2 minute warning. On 2nd down if any one of the three things happens: 1. Dion holds his block another split second; 2. Shakir clears coverage slightly quicker (he just gets held up long enough); or 3. Josh is just able to manoeuvre another 6 inches of space in the pocket to get his throw away...... then the Bills score. 

The defense played a poor game, undermanned and our executed. But the offense had the chance to make that all moot at the end and failed to execute themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

And if the ball wasn’t fumbled in the end zone after a fake punt with the score 20-17 in the 3rd quarter, would it still be about the offense? Or would it be just another example of McDermott having a lapse in judgement?  13 seconds of all things should have taught us that no matter how good your team is and no matter how well your qb plays, that one poor coaching mistake is enough to get you booted from the playoffs.  Don’t even get me started on aj Klein covering kelce or Elam riding pine when Rasul Douglas can hardly move or our healthy d line registering barely any pressure. 

Edited by <bills4life>
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure I buy the loss is "on the offense" but for all of everything that happened in the game to that point you are absolutely right that at the 2:00 warning the Bills were right where they would have wanted to be. In FG territory already, with control of the ball and the clock and the game in Josh Allen's hands. They just couldn't execute on those two plays coming out of the 2 minute warning. On 2nd down if any one of the three things happens: 1. Dion holds his block another split second; 2. Shakir clears coverage slightly quicker (he just gets held up long enough); or 3. Josh is just able to manoeuvre another 6 inches of space in the pocket to get his throw away...... then the Bills score. 

The defense played a poor game, undermanned and our executed. But the offense had the chance to make that all moot at the end and failed to execute themselves. 

Your still around in this thread 😂

Edited by BananaB
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

And if the ball wasn’t fumbled in the end zone after a fake punt with the score 20-17 in the 3rd quarter, would it still be about the offense? Or would it be just another example of McDermott having a lapse in judgement?  13 seconds of all things should have taught us that no matter how good your team is and no matter how well your qb plays, that one poor coaching mistake is enough to get you booted from the playoffs.  Don’t even get me started on aj Klein covering kelce or Elam riding pine when Rasul Douglas can hardly move or our healthy d line registering barely any pressure. 

Poyer and the D made a play.  Who besides Josh and Shakir made plays for the offense?  And no one stepped up on offense when the game was on the line.  D stepped up when it mattered.

It doesn't matter what happened the first 3 quarters. 

FACT- THE D STOPPED KC THE LAST 3 DRIVES

FACT- BILLS OFFENSE CHOKED- 0-3 LAST 3 POSSESSIONS AND COULD NOT EVEN GET A FG

FACT-BILLS WERE 76% FAVORITES WITH 2 MINUTES LEFT

keep blaming the injured D, the healthy O choked.

Give Josh the ball with 2 minutes left and down 3- I will take that in the playoffs every time.  But the offense failed.  Keep blaming D though

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly.

In that situation, Allen should never throw in the end zone.  Even if they scored, if the Chiefs scored on their drive, we would talk about this choice.

But, it is a football situation and fair enough.

My problem: if Allen threw it in the end zone, it's because someone told him he can.

Even an Elite QB needs an Elite HC and this situation is the perfect example.

Our HC let it in the hands of our Elite QB. He didnt coach him.

Go get 9 yards, boys. Choose any play you want, but you have 3 plays for 9 yards. Go get the first down.

Another situation when it counts the most where we seems totally lost on the field. Nothing was clear and we had to try a FG with 1m44 left.

It's sad at this point.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But this one is in an Italian accent!

• Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh FFS..... make it stop. 

The same thread 1 million different ways so everyone can express their emotions. Go to counselling. 

Or just stop being a fan.  I'd say you're an enabler fan, ensuring we'll never win the big one.

28 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave.

Ummm, you can.  Just quit, there are better things to do than watch the NFL product.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.