How do fans even think about the future at times like this?

ShakAttack

57 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

That is what I want to know.

Who cares about the future right now?

KC just ended our season for the 3rd time in 4 years.

I mean... I can't even get myself to care about that right now.  And it's going to take a while.   I am amazed so many of you are able to do that - almost immediately - following a loss like this.

Well it’s prolly because you are much younger than the average board member here. Don’t worry bud, you will get used to it. One day we will have our time. I do believe it is near. May god bless you my child 😂

• Eyeroll 1

43 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

McDermott put all the chips on a game "tying" FG with a struggling kicker. You can't make this up.

Neutered Allen and played small ball which favored the Chiefs...get used to an empty trophy case.

Don't forget that McDermott told us that his message for the team at halftime was "Go for it"

Then he proceeds to put this team's fate on the leg of the kicker who has lost all his swagger this season

You can't make this stuff up. McDermott is simply horrible

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

I mean... I can't even get myself to care about that right now.  And it's going to take a while.   I am amazed so many of you are able to do that - almost immediately - following a loss like this.

Well I've known now for at least 12 months it was time for McD to go.

He had a chance this year to pull a "Coughlin" and win it all and get unlimited leash.

He did not. Therefore he must go.

I don't need to think about the future. I already knew what needed to be done.

McD is wasting Allen and it SO GODDANG OBVIOUS

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Don't forget that McDermott told us that his message for the team at halftime was "Go for it"

Then he proceeds to put this team's fate on the leg of the kicker who has lost all his swagger this season

You can't make this stuff up. McDermott is simply horrible

A HC is supposed to know his kicker. Bass hasn’t made an impressive kick in over a month. Shame on McD for even putting him out there.

Now he will just use Bass as an excuse to save his job.

Edited by Governor

17 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Well it’s prolly because you are much younger than the average board member here. Don’t worry bud, you will get used to it. One day we will have our time. I do believe it is near. May god bless you my child 😂

Will be 40 in August.

Decent chance I’m older than you? 

Shrug.  Either way, far from being a child.  Kinda wish I was. That would make things easier. 

45 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

I don't disagree.  I just think, the day/night immediately following a season ending loss, I can't get to that point so soon, but to each their own.

Give me about a month... then I'll be all about the off-season and the future.  

Its frustrating sad and upsetting.  But we all want to figure out how we can keep this from happening next year.  And be champions.  We weren't good enough again.  The defense looked like ***** most of the night.  And Josh doesn't have nearly enough playmakers around him.  Look what the Ravens have at the skill positions now.  Heck look at the Lions.  And the coaching just has not been good enough.  Is it horrible?  No.  Is it dynamic enough on offense?  Certainly not when we have a talent like Josh Allen.  Brady needs to go.  He brought nothing with his game plan tonite.  McDermott has been pretty weak in the playoffs.  But going from 6-6 to 12-6, its kind of difficult to fire the guy.  And I don't love his coaching.  But a change at OC and on ST coach should certainly happen.  

A word of optimism. We still have our king chess piece Josh Allen. Cook, Kincaid, and Shakir really stepped up this year and will be solid pieces next year to build around. After we draft a wr, we should be very good on offense yet again. 

As far as the defense goes, i have been a number one supporter of hyde and poyer, but getting some young fresh legs back there won’t hurt. Milano will be back and now we have Bernard. 

Tell me if you disagree but I really think we can’t get much worse, and maybe we can even become better. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s all I can think about right now.   There is no reason to believe the Bills will win a Super Bowl.  Mahomes, Jackson, Stroud, Burrow, Herbert all have the same opportunity Josh does.  

McD isn’t going anywhere.   Our roster will be worse next year.  And in 2 years, who knows what the landscape will be.  

I’m not done, but I’m wondering how much of life I can give to this team anymore.  It’s overall not worth it.  They give more pain than happiness.  I don’t want this for my daughter. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

Gotta have something to do.

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It’s all I can think about right now.   There is no reason to believe the Bills will win a Super Bowl.  Mahomes, Jackson, Stroud, Burrow, Herbert all have the same opportunity Josh does.  

McD isn’t going anywhere.   Our roster will be worse next year.  And in 2 years, who knows what the landscape will be.  

I’m not done, but I’m wondering how much of life I can give to this team anymore.  It’s overall not worth it.  They give more pain than happiness.  I don’t want this for my daughter. 

I have found myself enjoying watchinh the game in general less and less each year. The fact that I pull for the most star-crossed team in the sport doesn't help.

36 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

A word of optimism. We still have our king chess piece Josh Allen. Cook, Kincaid, and Shakir really stepped up this year and will be solid pieces next year to build around. After we draft a wr, we should be very good on offense yet again. 

As far as the defense goes, i have been a number one supporter of hyde and poyer, but getting some young fresh legs back there won’t hurt. Milano will be back and now we have Bernard. 

Tell me if you disagree but I really think we can’t get much worse, and maybe we can even become better. 

100% agree there are many positives about this team.

Another reason why we should switch it up now. We would be the top landing spot for any coach if we fired McD, and would get our pick of candidates.

It wouldnt be a pipe dream like it used to be, just hoping we get someone who isn't terrible.

We'd get Harbaugh, Belichick, Ben Johnson... Or whoever the heck we want.

• Agree 1

NEW OXYMORON IN THE WEBSTERS DICTIONARY......mentally stable bills fan..............2 make things worse i went to the store for a bag a chips 2 walk off some bad 'energy' n thought i grabbed sour cream n onion n it turned out to b nasty dill f@ckin pickle...a greek tragedy

yet again....theres always next year

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I felt way worse after 13 seconds and cincy. KC was better than us and we fought and somehow had ball with chance to win it.  With the right changes, future is bright.  

I don’t know how the future is bright. This was the most vulnerable Chiefs team in years, we got them AT HOME, and we performed worse than we did two years ago.  Our safeties aren’t as good as they were a couple of years ago (same goes for Diggs).

There are bright spots (better running game, Kincaid, shakir), but we can’t beat KC or Cincy when it matters, and the rest of the field (Houston, Jacksonville, Miami, Pittsburgh, Cleveland) are all gaining on us.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.