Ravens/Texans: Are the Texans really being disrespected this badly?

I kind of feel this way about the Packers.  I thought they were a terrible matchup for Dallas.  I kind of think they are a bad matchup for the niners defense.  The SF secondary imo is just ok and if Love has time I imagine he makes a bunch of big plays.  Not sure how GB's defense will hold up though, the weakness is at linebacker and Dallas could not exploit and I think SF will over and over.

still.  If the Packers won 38-35 would anyone be surprised. SF is very good and very talented but they are not some all time team that is unstoppable how many talk about them.  Shannahan has all kinds of issues in the past in the postseason and I am not certain he will not again.

Personally love them being dogs so badly - meanwhile majority of Ravens have had 2 weeks of rest- that's not always a good thing.

I'm rooting hard for Texans this week and of course Bills-

Then bring the Texans to town so we can right all are wrongs of JA17 playoff era teams and cross that final river forever leaving well deserving city a bitter sweet happy ending( Dont get excited Mr Kraft)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 12:04 PM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

After watching morning coverage, I am astounded as to why everyone is putting the Ravens into the AFC Championship Game in pen as if it's a given. The explosive offense that Stroud provides along with a solid running game with our old friend Singletary should give the Ravens fits.

What say you? I think this game will be a close one and it would not surprise me in the least if the Texans won.

Baltimore is the consistent class of the AFC this year, and are pretty much on all cylinders right now.

That's why.  Baltimore is NOW; Houston is about the future.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/16/2024 at 2:40 PM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say playoff lamar reappears.

Texans 28 Ravens 20

Lamar 2 INT

Yeah, Dak Prescott was new and improved this year too. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have a funny feeling that the Ravens implode in this game.  They are playing cold and have been sitting for 3 weeks. If Houston can get some breaks like a pick 6 or fumble return TD, they can leverage that to create maximum stress. The Ravens will panic and wont be able to catch up.

23 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Baltimore is the consistent class of the AFC this year, and are pretty much on all cylinders right now.

That's why.  Baltimore is NOW; Houston is about the future.

I expect Baltimore to win this game. 

I expect Lamar to play well.  

That being said..

The last time we saw this team play was three weeks ago, and Lamar’s regular season success has yet to translate to the postseason.

Big time legacy game for Jackson today.  He cannot have a meh game and lose

to the Texans. 

• Agree 2

Is anyone else hoping lamar falls flat on his face.... again?

Lamar racks up multiple mvp awards, even though allen has better statistics. The media seemingly scrutinizes every play Josh makes while constantly overlooking lamars shortcomings.

Can't wait for Lamar to choke in the playoffs again. Allen will be in the AFC Championship game,  have 20 more touchdowns than lamar yet lamar will still win MVP.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The Texans, with Stroud, are legitimately good and will be for a long time. The Ravens under Lamar have choked in the playoffs. Given the two weeks off, I won’t be shocked if the Texans come out hot to start. 

a good rule is beware of the team the looked really good the week before (Texans, Bucs). They can keep it close but I think their injuries and lack of talent compared to the Ravens catches up to them. But they can definitely win (or at least cover). 

that team is going to be a problem for a while.

The Ravens have been obsessed with their 2019 failure when they were the #1 seed and lost their first playoff game in this round.  That obsession will either drive them to (A) put together one of their best performances in this game or (B) choke.  I tend to think it'll be (A).

Ravens -9.5 is my third favorite bet of this week following TB +6 (previously 6.5) and KC +2.5.

Take the Texans and the points. 

23 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Which was terrible timing for them to basically have three full weeks off while playing as well as they were. 

Outside of Chiefs vs Bills, this is the game most people predicting could end in an upset.

And it's starting to make me second guess myself! I still think the Ravens have the better team, better QB, better coach, etc. but the hype around Stroud is legit!

Maybe they shock the Ravens and pull it off. Either way, they're playing with house money at this point, so it'll be fun seeing if they can topple the favorites.

Stroud scored 3 points today.  I think some folks got drunk on recency bias.

1-0 on my bets so far.  I hope to finish 2-1.  (Well, I hope the Bills win by 1 or 2 but if that's not possible I'd rather lose my bet and have them win).

9 hours ago, harryS said:

The Ravens have been obsessed with their 2019 failure when they were the #1 seed and lost their first playoff game in this round.  That obsession will either drive them to (A) put together one of their best performances in this game or (B) choke.  I tend to think it'll be (A).

Ravens -9.5 is my third favorite bet of this week following TB +6 (previously 6.5) and KC +2.5.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.