Sorry to say... But Diggs is done.

ShipUPride

52 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

13 straight weeks without a 100 yard game is concerning. 

If Beane doesn't seriously address the WR position in the off-season, I'm on the "Fire Beane" train. 

Enough is enough.  

Is the offense the way mcd has turned it into a wr friendly offense? It's looking more and more like the double tightend sets and rb are gonna be the focus with McDermott as HC.....he wants 15 play 8 minute drives and keep the clock moving...Diggs was used as a decoy post dorsey or was thrown to at or behind the los a ton.....strongest armed qb in the league and a top 5 wr and we turn our offense into this? We have turned our bazooka offense into a .22 lol

• Like (+1) 1

EIGHT targets, 3 receptions for a measly 21 yards 

Yikes, not a good playoff performance when the team needs a win. If he is injured then let him sit to recover. Sneed is a pretty darn good CB as he only allowed ONE TD this season and that was to Shakir in this game. 

2 minutes ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Yep - I’ll take that bet

We be lucky if Von get a single sack 

Nah, barring him getting injured again I think he’s gonna be a force. Sucks he didn’t recover sooner but I’m expecting a big year out of him. 

• Agree 1

What WR did well vs Sneed this year?  

When the Raiders beat the Chiefs they completed 9 passes.  Adams was targeted 6 times and had one catch.  

Hill 5 for 62 yards.  

AJ Brown 1 catch for 8 yards.  

My preseason prediction of defenses catching up to offenses has happened.  

These DBs in 2023 can cover.  

I’m noticing a trend to throw more WR screens seems league wide - my theory is these DBs can cover but can’t tackle and don’t take on blocks well.  

All the 7 on 7s are great.  Until the pads come on.  Sure you can run with elite WRs but can you tackle.  

18 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Graded out by whom?

PFF.  Von graded in 90s.  Oliver graded in 30s.  Seems right according to my eye test,

I saw Von with a few nice plays and pass rushes.  Once I saw Oliver chasing KC down the field- thats the only Oliver sighting

On 1/22/2024 at 1:07 AM, Big Turk said:

In the last 3 elimination games for the Bills, Diggs has 10 catches on 24 targets for 63 yards.  A below 50% catch rate and 6.3 yards per catch with 0 TDs isn't going to get it done as a WR #1 when the games matter most.

I mean if they're not passing you the ball what do you expect? What he catches that one ball and all is forgiven? Give me a break guy is expected to choke sometime all the greats have 1 under their belt. The fact of the matter is the plays and route they have for him is not for him, hitches, hooks, cut backs, out route. Like what the F? there isn't a chance to get YAC because Allen already compensate that extra yardage in his throws already. The problem is our pass plays are terrible with little to no options. And when they do break in stride the ball either sails past them or under thrown or thrown to someone else in coverage, in all honestly diggs needed to catch that ball with his HANDS not his chest, but one can say honestly with how many times he was skipped or miss wide open, there's a possibility he wasn't expecting that the ball was going to put placed perfectly on him like it did. Certainly didn't look that way on the side (broadcast) view.

I get I'm defending him way too much but really can't stand fans that turn their back on a player that they had a hard on for and within a year turn their backs on him but yet kept holding on to garbage Lee Smith, Fred Jackson, and other players that didn't mount to much or did nothing for the team.

1 hour ago, weebdestroyer12 said:

I mean if they're not passing you the ball what do you expect? What he catches that one ball and all is forgiven? Give me a break guy is expected to choke sometime all the greats have 1 under their belt. The fact of the matter is the plays and route they have for him is not for him, hitches, hooks, cut backs, out route. Like what the F? there isn't a chance to get YAC because Allen already compensate that extra yardage in his throws already. The problem is our pass plays are terrible with little to no options. And when they do break in stride the ball either sails past them or under thrown or thrown to someone else in coverage, in all honestly diggs needed to catch that ball with his HANDS not his chest, but one can say honestly with how many times he was skipped or miss wide open, there's a possibility he wasn't expecting that the ball was going to put placed perfectly on him like it did. Certainly didn't look that way on the side (broadcast) view.

I get I'm defending him way too much but really can't stand fans that turn their back on a player that they had a hard on for and within a year turn their backs on him but yet kept holding on to garbage Lee Smith, Fred Jackson, and other players that didn't mount to much or did nothing for the team.

He got 24 targets and made 10 catches. I wouldn't call that "not passing him the ball".

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.