Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

38 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fallout? Not sure there would be much.

Beane remains GM. McDermott remains HC.

Joe Brady will either be named OC or they'll do a more thorough search. I'd bet on a defensive coordinator being hired, likely Babich or Washington.

The Bills will draft and sign some players. Some players will leave in free agency.

Then they'll line up and play again next year and be top five in Super Bowl odds again, because they're a good team with a good roster and an elite QB. The window is open and will remain open.

It depends on how they lose.....but I think they win....We drafted DL to shut down the chiefs and to get after Patty. If we lose a heartbreaking low scoring game I would go offense in draft. Stud WR and build an O-line that gives Josh all day. It still feels to me the teams that hold the trophy at the end always has an OL that the best defensive players and coaches cant beat.

Edited by billsfanmd07

3 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

It depends on how they lose.....but I think they win....We drafted DL to shut down the chiefs and to get after Patty. If we lose a heartbreaking low scoring game I would go offense in draft. Stud WR and build an O-line that gives Josh all day. It still feels to meet the teams that hold the trophy at the end always has an OL that the best defensive players and coaches cant beat.

I'd like to continue to add to the offense in a big way this offseason regardless.

Specifically, they suddenly seem pretty set at OL, TE, and RB1 (and obviously QB). Go get a 1st round WR (trade up if need be), another mid round WR, and a viable RB2, and they'll be rolling. 

As it is, the offense has a much brighter long term prognosis going forward, given the career trajectories of Cook, Kindcaid, Shakir, and the OL. But that's no reason to stop adding. MAKE LIFE AS EASY AS POSSIBLE ON JOSH ALLEN.

But this is all a discussion for AFTER we win the Super Bowl.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Well, we'll see.  That was with Roman's offense.  Maybe That was Then, This is Now.

I'm not saying that because I want to see the Ravens go any further, but do you really believe Josh Allen and the Bills have no chance against the Chiefs because the Chiefs in the playoffs have beaten them twice?  Past performance no guarantee of future results and all that.

I don't care whose offense it was with, he put up much better numbers all those years during the regular season.  That might be valid if he sucked during the regular season too but he didn't.  I mean, the best playoff performance he has had was his first one his rookie year with a 78.5 QB Rating.  That's not gonna get it done.

No but one is an individual performance and one is a team performance.  Josh Allen has performed exceptionally well in the playoffs.  He takes his game to the next level.  Lamar takes his game from the penthouse to the basement. It's embarrassing to say the least for a soon to be 2 Time MVP during the regular season to perform like that when the stakes are highest.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wow, Terry really laying it on the line this weekend.

This is supposed to be funny?

Can someone use photoshop to make Joe Pera's face into a steaming pile of dung? 

Want to post it in every one of his videos on YouTube.

On 1/16/2024 at 6:53 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

This. 

To me this is the ultimate "put up or shut up" situation. The Bills need to put the Chiefs down here. A win in this spot erases years of playoff failures to the Chiefs. Erases last year's divisional round let down at home against Cincinnati. I don't think I'm overplaying it by saying it's the most important game of McDermott's era. Getting bounced for a 3rd time in 4 years by the Chiefs would be unacceptable. Losing a home divisional round game for the second straight year would be equally unacceptable. Especially against a Chief team that is not as strong as years past.

Considering the opponents recent past, I'm oddly confident. The time is now. 

The officiating makes me extremely nervous tbh. If it’s an evenly called game then I am confident, but I have a feeling the Bills will get hosed somehow. Then the whole Taylor Swift thing. I don’t like it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

When a comedian tweets something like that it's on people to use a couple brain cells and figure it out.

Sorry I don't keep up with comedians. I have no idea who he was. Forgive me.  I didn't realize he was so important or supposed to be funny. 

48 minutes ago, Logic said:

Fallout? Not sure there would be much.

Beane remains GM. McDermott remains HC.

Joe Brady will either be named OC or they'll do a more thorough search. I'd bet on a defensive coordinator being hired, likely Babich or Washington.

The Bills will draft and sign some players. Some players will leave in free agency.

Then they'll line up and play again next year and be top five in Super Bowl odds again, because they're a good team with a good roster and an elite QB. The window is open and will remain open.

Agreed. The idea that McDermott being canned after getting to the playoffs 6 out of 7 seasons and to the divisional round or better four straight years seems unlikely, especially with all the reports that he was unlikely to go when the team was 6-6.

I do agree that McDermott needs a DC (one he is aligned with) to take a load off. I think the only reason he didn't this year was Frazier stepping away in May as opposed to February. The OC (likely Brady IMHO) will have a full season to install an offense.

The Bills really can't do anything too crazy with roster composition. We are $40 M over the cap atm and our top 3 cap hits only increase that number if we move on from them. There will be cuts and renegotiations, but I expect that apart from our draft picks the 2024 Bills will look a lot like the 2023 Buffalo Bills. And bluntly, if you are getting to the Divisional Round (or better) four years in a row how badly do you want to mix it up?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You're not waiting for the Texans in the AFCCG?

I'll go up for that as well...maybe. Luca's bday is the day before the game.  If I leave directly after I can do that. Wife would be unhappy 

Edited by boyst

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The officiating makes me extremely nervous tbh. If it’s an evenly called game then I am confident, but I have a feeling the Bills will get hosed somehow. Then the whole Taylor Swift thing. I don’t like it

Gonna be cold and refs don't have heated benches. Flags will be slowed. Human nature.  And enough with the Swift conspiracies, people. Jesus she lives in this fan bases head rent free.

35 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

This is supposed to be funny?

Can someone use photoshop to make Joe Pera's face into a steaming pile of dung? 

Want to post it in every one of his videos on YouTube.

Joe is more talented than you or any of your relatives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Gonna be cold and refs don't have heated benches. Flags will be slowed. Human nature.  And enough with the Swift conspiracies, people. Jesus she lives in this fan bases head rent free.

I'd put my favorite ball on the line that the NFL would kill for the Swifties to be in the superbowl

22 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

What's not to like about averaging 10 penalties a game against us with this assclown? Can already feel the drive killing holding penalties and non-calls on our receivers getting mugged.

We're going to have to dominate them.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.